Running Instagrammers #9 We go by chip time around here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like Ruth Runs but this whole "saving your training runs to insta stories so you have something to look back on" thing that everyone is jumping on..... Isn't that exactly what Strava is for?! Already sick of spring marathon training posts and I haven't even started mine šŸ™„
She can duck right off. No one cares. Every day there is some sort of crappy ā€œmotivationā€ post for her followers. If I wanted to be spoken at by a sub standard middle pack runner I would follow her.

Reactions: 6
She can duck right off. No one cares. Every day there is some sort of crappy ā€œmotivationā€ post for her followers. If I wanted to be spoken at by a sub standard middle pack runner I would follow her.
dunno I used to think her posts were at least against a lot of the crap from people like Welloggs etc, she talked sense. But I unfollowed her when I realised she was friends and posting with some absolutely desperate beg accounts I canā€™t stand, those ā€˜unicornsā€™, girl run the shire and miss pond runs etcā€¦ beyond awful. So sheā€™s probably the same if her friends are anything to go by

Reactions: 4
Dunno if Iā€™d call her sub-standard (speaking as a runner whoā€™s never going to be quick enough for a BQ personally). But the ā€œmotivationalā€ posts are more than a little repetitive now. As is the post-Christmas Motivation rhetoric on Instagram right now.

What annoyed me most recently though, was KirstyRuns fishing for Coros opinions, making it sound like she was going to be buying herself one. No, she just got one gifted. No point asking if you know youā€™re getting... Like RunnerBeans and her question boxes that go nowhere. Now sheā€™s going to have a positive review either way as sheā€™s been given one!

Reactions: 9
Dunno if Iā€™d call her sub-standard (speaking as a runner whoā€™s never going to be quick enough for a BQ personally). But the ā€œmotivationalā€ posts are more than a little repetitive now. As is the post-Christmas Motivation rhetoric on Instagram right now.

What annoyed me most recently though, was KirstyRuns fishing for Coros opinions, making it sound like she was going to be buying herself one. No, she just got one gifted. No point asking if you know youā€™re getting... Like RunnerBeans and her question boxes that go nowhere. Now sheā€™s going to have a positive review either way as sheā€™s been given one!
I think itā€™s all got quite repetitive now. In many ways people are just being way more boring and safe. Probably because they know about here. Itā€™s all mega ā€˜positiveā€™ all the time. Like all the fearless stuff and the rainbows. Always asking people to share it. Although I prefer peopleā€™s motivation to beg posts like Kirsty I agree. But itā€™s verging on toxic positivity really.
Yeah Ruth is hardly sub standard i think thatā€™s pretty offensive to those of us who would never see a 3 at the start of their marathon time

Reactions: 10
Yeah Ruth is hardly sub standard i think thatā€™s pretty offensive to those of us who would never see a 3 at the start of their marathon time
Yeah Iā€™d agree. As has been long discussed on here, a BQ isnā€™t for everyone and thatā€™s not a bad thing. Or makes you a ā€œbadā€ runner if youā€™re not ā€œfast enough.ā€

Reactions: 11
Yeah Iā€™d agree. As has been long discussed on here, a BQ isnā€™t for everyone and thatā€™s not a bad thing. Or makes you a ā€œbadā€ runner if youā€™re not ā€œfast enough.ā€
Exactly. Itā€™s like PB shaming. If she annoys you in what she posts fair enough I get that, but I think that comment was just about being unpleasant about her tbh

Reactions: 7
I do find it funny when Ruth posts about running long slow runs at an actual slow pace and everyone loses their minds and reposts it like itā€™s new information. Although thatā€™s because most of the Instarunner huns run way too fast all the time.

I do find it funny when Ruth posts about running long slow runs at an actual slow pace and everyone loses their minds and reposts it like itā€™s new information. Although thatā€™s because most of the Instarunner huns run way too fast all the time.
I am not an insta hun but I admit to reading her posts on this and this helping me. I think some people on here forget that lots of us donā€™t know much about how to improve. Might be common sense to you but it doesnā€™t make us stupid if we donā€™t know. I just thought wow Iā€™m doing a long run way faster than I used to, thatā€™s good and yeah I was wrong. So fair play I learnt something. Like I said with her it was more about her ā€˜hangers onā€™ who I canā€™t stand so I unfollowed. And now the stuff she is saying (not just her, people like her who I used to like) has been copied by all the wannabes over and over so itā€™s all repetitive now. Unless youā€™re a brand selling so you change your tactics I guess after a while whatever you say becomes over said and too much

Reactions: 2
I wasnā€™t suggesting you or anyone else here is stupid for not knowing that. My comment was about the ones who claim to be coaches and repost it like they didnā€™t know.

Reactions: 3
I wasnā€™t suggesting you or anyone else here is stupid for not knowing that. My comment was about the ones who claim to be coaches and repost it like they didnā€™t know.
Oh coaches yeah thatā€™s about trying to get more followers isnā€™t it but I just meant I didnā€™t know about it

Reactions: 1
So many re post but donā€™t actually then run their easy runs slow šŸ˜‚

Iā€™m not sure on what planet a comfortable GFA counts as a substandard time! What the duck is with the PB bashing on here of late

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Iā€™m not sure on what planet a comfortable GFA counts as a substandard time! What the duck is with the PB bashing on here of late
Couldn't agree more! The person behind said PB bashing account seems to be quite the angry person and needs to get off Instagram for their own good I think.

I think Ruth is a really impressive marathon runner, not just good for age but also qualified for Boston and all around a busy full time job. Sheā€™s never claimed to be an amazing club runner or a wannabe coach, I like her content overall. (Not sure on the saving training runs though!!)

Going back to Sarah, now I understand why her family is not doing anything. Sheā€™s stuck in cuasi recovery, a purgatory. She eats enough not to get as sick as before, but still maintaining a weight low for her standard.
Itā€™s an awful place to be.

andcan someone explain why all those IGs are doing super long run already for London? Itā€™s too early and youā€™re going to end burnt/injured!

Reactions: 9
Going back to Sarah, now I understand why her family is not doing anything. Sheā€™s stuck in cuasi recovery, a purgatory. She eats enough not to get as sick as before, but still maintaining a weight low for her standard.
Itā€™s an awful place to be.

andcan someone explain why all those IGs are doing super long run already for London? Itā€™s too early and youā€™re going to end burnt/injured!
Yep :( They just keep enabling her. Her mum was with her at the gym yesterday I think. Possibly to keep an eye on her and make sure she doesn't spend three hours there, but still. I don't think I could stand watching my daughter slowly kill herself that way.

I get so sick of the motivational speaker type stuff because Iā€™m a cynical old misery but glad to see PB bashing being called out, Ruth is a good runner and sheā€™s sensible in how she trains, doesnā€™t claim or appear to want to be a coach (isnā€™t she a teacher?) I think she may even use the freebies sheā€™s sent, definitely one of the less annoying of them even if sheā€™s a bit twee for my tastes.

noticed Sarah showing the food offering where sheā€™s staying but itā€™s not actually plated up for her, wouldnā€™t be surprised if her her meal was her usual as I canā€™t imagine her letting someone else prepare food for her where she canā€™t count exactly what is going into it.

Curious, who is doing long runs already for London?! I feel a burn out or two comingā€¦

Reactions: 2
Curious, who is doing long runs already for London?! I feel a burn out or two comingā€¦
tit. Iā€™m doing Brighton which is - checks - 3 weeks before London and Iā€™m barely beyond the Christmas fallout leading to asking myself ā€œwhat distance can I tolerate to run based on yesterday/todays alcohol + chocolate consumptionā€.
Answer- not double digit runs even in kms

• Haha
I found on Boxing Day the 8395 roast potatoes and 728929 glasses of champagne were like rocket fuel, every run since however has been tit

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.