Running Instagrammers #9 We go by chip time around here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She comes across as completely self centred, self righteous and smug. She looks so unwell and she seems to wear it as a badge of honour.

Reactions: 7
What is making me sad right now is the thought that the new year is coming around and there will be picking up running to be a bit fitter and all they will see is the insta famous runners barely eating to fuel their runs.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
She isn't vegan. She just avoids all high calorie veggie things and calls herself mostly plant based sometimes.
What!! I really thought she was vegan from those bowls of vegetables and hummus she lives off. Sorry but if she’s got osteoporosis before 30 that’s saying something, her ED must’ve been really bad.
That post about working out more over Christmas is really smug ED behaviour 😱

Reactions: 6
I like Ruth Runs but this whole "saving your training runs to insta stories so you have something to look back on" thing that everyone is jumping on..... Isn't that exactly what Strava is for?! Already sick of spring marathon training posts and I haven't even started mine 🙄

Reactions: 8
Sarah now claiming she’s running everywhere because she’s too cold to walk…that’s because you don’t have enough body fat and have you considered extra layers? You do NOT need to run everywhere.
I’ve barely moved for days, I will go out tomorrow but I’ve just been enjoying time off and my family 😱

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I like Ruth Runs but this whole "saving your training runs to insta stories so you have something to look back on" thing that everyone is jumping on..... Isn't that exactly what Strava is for?! Already sick of spring marathon training posts and I haven't even started mine 🙄
I find her super annoying but agree, keep the running activities for Strava. I don’t get why she always does London marathon year after year, how about let someone else have the opportunity 🤔 same with Kirsty runs..she will be unbearable with her Boston training as she’s now going to share each training activity to her stories!

As if Kirsty needed an excuse to tell everyone she’s training for Boston… she’s been unbearable. I stopped following her just before Manchester.
as much as I normally like Ruth Runs, I kind of feel like this has been done to bump up her followers.

Where did this training runs on stories crap come from? Are people really so blind to what is going on around them and this isn’t about looking back (as others have said, that’s what strava and watch apps etc do) but is all about praise and likes and “so inspirational” BS.
OT - cost of living and climate rant
I used to like Ruth a couple of years ago but she seems to be going (gone) the same way the bigger accounts do. I’m also in a WhatsApp group where everyone is planning multiple marathon tour races and booking so many races around the country too. I can’t get over how people don’t think about the planet and also how it might feel to others seeing all of this within the group (I’m too climate conscious to consider anything abroad and don’t even like travelling in this country, and have a hefty amount of guilt for being able to afford things so many people can’t, so tend to donate or fund things for others where I can)

• Sad
Where did this training runs on stories crap come from? Are people really so blind to what is going on around them and this isn’t about looking back (as others have said, that’s what strava and watch apps etc do) but is all about praise and likes and “so inspirational” BS.
OT - cost of living and climate rant
I used to like Ruth a couple of years ago but she seems to be going (gone) the same way the bigger accounts do. I’m also in a WhatsApp group where everyone is planning multiple marathon tour races and booking so many races around the country too. I can’t get over how people don’t think about the planet and also how it might feel to others seeing all of this within the group (I’m too climate conscious to consider anything abroad and don’t even like travelling in this country, and have a hefty amount of guilt for being able to afford things so many people can’t, so tend to donate or fund things for others where I can)
Yes - this is what annoys me with Kirsty and the Boston thing. Hasn’t she literally JUST done Chicago and was also begging for a new (free) watch recently, then booking flights to America. So much money. Pretty sure she’s been abroad loads more than just the two majors in a year as well. That boils my piss way more than a few training stories 😂

Wow. Sarah and the Boxing Day post. That’s just so very sad. I’m not against exercising at Christmas at all - I went for runs but admittedly just to escape the in-laws but it had nothing to do with trying to get more exercise in or burning off calories. Today I went for a run to celebrate they’d gone home and I was free!!

Yes - this is what annoys me with Kirsty and the Boston thing. Hasn’t she literally JUST done Chicago and was also begging for a new (free) watch recently, then booking flights to America. So much money. Pretty sure she’s been abroad loads more than just the two majors in a year as well. That boils my piss way more than a few training stories 😂
Yes! "Oh my 'gifted' Garmin is terrible on the treadmill. Oh look, a new 'gifted' coros!". She is a massive beg. Irritating.

Runner Beans is still bleating about trying for a BQ time. I don’t know why she bothers with the pretence at this point, she doesn’t really like running and if she couldn’t get herself organised when she was working very part time then she’s definitely not going to do it with a baby.

Runner Beans is still bleating about trying for a BQ time. I don’t know why she bothers with the pretence at this point, she doesn’t really like running and if she couldn’t get herself organised when she was working very part time then she’s definitely not going to do it with a baby.
Luckily the only thing that she can’t get gifted is an actual BQ time! Still feels guilty I bet for running Boston, she won’t ever get it, probably hire a stunt double at this rate #AD

Reactions: 2
It's an old Insta post, March 2020, here are the pictures.
God she looks worse on the right which means s meant to be her healthy picture.

Runner beans I think just can’t be arsed with it anymore, I think she’s found her level and the amount of work to get beyond that she just doesn’t want to do.

Reactions: 3
God she looks worse on the right which means s meant to be her healthy picture.

Runner beans I think just can’t be arsed with it anymore, I think she’s found her level and the amount of work to get beyond that she just doesn’t want to do.
I have no idea why she picked that picture as the one where she's supposed to look healthier. This one is a slightly better comparison.

better comparison.jpg

I mean she's still small but not emaciated and her face looks so much better. I remembered this image because it's where she had a marathon time crossing over with mine. Since then she's progressed and I've just fallen apart and I do get kind of caught up in that and bitter about it, particularly when she has anaemia and osteoporosis yet never gets an injury. All my blood tests, DEXAs etc are fine.

The human body sucks. I suppose it's similar to someone who's never smoked in their life getting lung cancer in their 40s and another who smokes like a chimney living to 100 (I am in no way saying I have it as bad as a cancer patient, just that it's the same principle). That's why I get annoyed with people who say it's just hard work, not natural talent when they're fast runners. Um, no, it's your genes that allow you to work hard. Some of us would very much like to push ourselves, but our bodies just won't let us do so.

• Sad
Hope you are holding up @snapdrag0n , pf sucks so sending you recovery hugs ❤.

It’s so sad about Sarah. I’m really conflicted about the messages she’s sending out. In my (albeit limited) experience, people (we) tend to hide disordered behaviours, not flaunt them.
Sorry that people here are affected by her. I won’t say block her because I look at her posts and can’t look away. It’s part of the problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It’s so sad about Sarah. I’m really conflicted about the messages she’s sending out. In my (albeit limited) experience, people (we) tend to hide disordered behaviours, not flaunt them.
Sorry that people here are affected by her. I won’t say block her because I look at her posts and can’t look away. It’s part of the problem.
She also body checks/flaunts her “so tiny body” a lot in her stories - every plate of “food”, every scenery, every run or gym session, the camera hovers over her legs before moving up and then back down to her thighs. I know fast times are what matters to high profile coaches but it still disappoints with with Purdue Performance because Charlotte has addressed weight and size so many times.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.