Running Instagrammers #13 Strava doesn’t lie, my watch really did die!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
of course.... 🙄 Her banging on about parkrun really annoys me. She did something like 140 runs and volunteered 7 times... Made a massive fuss over volunteering when she was recovering from London... Newsflash: volunteering once in a blue moon for the gram doesn't make you a hero.

Also I find Alex M and Emilys Journal so confusingly similar 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Surely Alex M can put cold water therapy on her LinkedIn now? You know someone is resilient if they choose to sit in zero degree water for 3 minutes. Hire them right away!

• Haha
Surely Alex M can put cold water therapy on her LinkedIn now? You know someone is resilient if they choose to sit in zero degree water for 3 minutes. Hire them right away!
She may want to listen to this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001s5hc

Bottom line: it makes sense if you are an athlete during the Olympics and you have to recover quickly before the next competition. For anyone else you actually want the inflammation response to encourage muscle repair and growth. So reducing inflammation with cold water therapy is arguably counterproductive. Disclaimer: haven’t reviewed any research on this but it makes sense when someone puts it like that….

Bottom line: it makes sense if you are an athlete during the Olympics and you have to recover quickly before the next competition. For anyone else you actually want the inflammation response to encourage muscle repair and growth. So reducing inflammation with cold water therapy is arguably counterproductive. Disclaimer: haven’t reviewed any research on this but it makes sense when someone puts it like that….
Oh. :(

I like having a cold shower after the run, and my calves feel a lot better after cooling them.
Now I find out it’s actually counterproductive. :(

I have always queried doctors and physios when they have recommended RICE, coming from a medical science background icing injuries didn't make sense. I'm glad to see that the science is being followed.

Helen Gaunt came third in Birmingham yesterday, ran in the tiniest pants again. Not bad, considering she ran London a couple of weeks ago.

Reactions: 3
of course.... 🙄 Her banging on about parkrun really annoys me. She did something like 140 runs and volunteered 7 times... Made a massive fuss over volunteering when she was recovering from London... Newsflash: volunteering once in a blue moon for the gram doesn't make you a hero.

Also I find Alex M and Emilys Journal so confusingly similar 😂
Not seen an Alex chin up at the gym yet 😂😂😂 I remember when Emily did Ironman Uk she came 2nd in her AG and winner said she wasn’t going to accept Kona slot then changed her mind overnight 🙄
---
Helen Gaunt came third in Birmingham yesterday, ran in the tiniest pants again. Not bad, considering she ran London a couple of weeks ago.
Her pants in London were crazy !

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Is Phily Bowden sponsored by On now?
She’s probably getting dished out by her mates? Although I did see a clip of her whilst away going to one of their stores and had two big bags of bits but could’ve been freebies to collect

Reactions: 1