Running instagrammers #11 Transformation Tuesday - they all start to pay for their kit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah she’s admitted as such on her Royal Parks post. She hasn’t run over 10 miles since July and was “very undertrained” for the race so I can’t see a BQ marathon happening in two months!

This must be her eleventy billionth BQ attempt failure. At what point do you admit that you’re not that into training for long distances and give yourself a break?
I have sympathy with her trying to balance marathon training with a baby and working but also, how did she think it was going to work once her son was here?! Totally deluded that she'd be able to train for a BQ with a newborn.

Agree that she needs to give up on the BQ but she won't because she feels bad for taking a Boston bib without qualifying in 2017.
Yeah she’s admitted as such on her Royal Parks post. She hasn’t run over 10 miles since July and was “very undertrained” for the race so I can’t see a BQ marathon happening in two months!

This must be her eleventy billionth BQ attempt failure. At what point do you admit that you’re not that into training for long distances and give yourself a break?
I have sympathy with her trying to balance marathon training with a baby and working but also, how did she think it was going to work once her son was here?! Totally deluded that she'd be able to train for a BQ with a newborn.

Agree that she needs to give up on the BQ but she won't because she feels bad for taking a Boston bib without qualifying in 2017.

Screenshot_20231009-145616~2.png

Reactions: 3
As much as I STRONGLY dislike her I reckon she could BQ. She just doesn’t train properly. If she ditched all the stupid Westin runs and stopped accepting gifted races and properly stuck to a good plan she’d get faster. And it sounds like she’s got plenty of family support!

Reactions: 5
As much as I STRONGLY dislike her I reckon she could BQ. She just doesn’t train properly. If she ditched all the stupid Westin runs and stopped accepting gifted races and properly stuck to a good plan she’d get faster. And it sounds like she’s got plenty of family support!
She doesn’t really do most of the Westin London runs herself. She only shows up once every couple of months combined with a #gifted stay and some reel related to it. They may do a promo event once or twice a year on top of that. But I agree she just trains randomly mostly combined with a moan about how difficult it is with a baby. Especially now that the gym is closing the nursery as well. Life is hard you see…

I think she is completely delusional if she thinks in what, 8 weeks she can go from 2:30 half shape to 3:30 marathon shape. 5 weeks really, if we count taper.

Also we need a new thread! Anyone witter than me have a good idea?

Reactions: 8
Honesty from an insta muppet? She still seems to try to cling on to all her US running idols who are BQing at every race. There is a group of 40 something women that always rock up to the US majors in matching outfits. Triandrungirl (heather, jenna, Claire etc) and a bunch of others. Their Boston content was cringe, 4 of them did Chicago on the weekend. I occasionally get them popping up in my feed. All with fillers, heavy make up and looking quite cringy but I imagine that’s what beans is aspiring to be.
Oh i know this group, their photos are so so cringey, they all look like fake barbie clones with boob job, fake tan, nails, hair, botox etc, BUT respect to most of them, they train properly, put in really good mileage, get up early and get it done. They are consistent and pretty fast. Runwalkbeans has been coached by a couple of them and acts like a groupie when she goes to the states, but she’s about an hour slower than them.
Agree what others say, if she trained properly she could BQ, but for all the personal coaching, peloton treadmill, home gym, PT, free bibs etc in the world, she doesn’t graft enough. At most she averages about 25/30 miles a week, but mostly much less.

I have sympathy with her trying to balance marathon training with a baby and working
Sorry to say this, but that like with Runnerbeans is actually hilarious! She ships the baby off any second she gets and has had about 5-7 trips abroad in the last 6 months without the baby and just her friends or to cheer marathons on. I can’t even fathom that line being serious in any way shape or form 😂🤔

Looks like Gropebus did pace the Chicago marathon Sunday then! Absolutely disgusting that this guy who groped another male colleague the way he did ‘for a laugh’ can still get to do things like these! Very disappointing to hear big events like Berlin and Chicago taking him back

Attachments

• Angry
Reactions: 6
I really like lucydavis_fit but some of her running choices are so questionable. She’s just gone and ran a 10k after running a marathon on Sunday. Guess she could argue the marathon was just a training run rather than a race but I feel like even most pro runners take a week off after a marathon

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I really like lucydavis_fit but some of her running choices are so questionable. She’s just gone and ran a 10k after running a marathon on Sunday. Guess she could argue the marathon was just a training run rather than a race but I feel like even most pro runners take a week off after a marathon
She has her own thread!

Reactions: 4
Yes agree. During London the commentators were saying she was playing games offering another athlete her drink but I think really she saw that that athlete missed her drink and was genuinely offering hers to share. She strikes me as someone just loving it and takes everything in good grace. Even at the world championships when she said she wouldn’t appeal what she felt was contact in the final 25 meters.
Her post-race interviews: "The last 5k I said never again because of the pain", "I was crying the morning before, why am I doing this?" - she was me before Chicago and London lol

• Heart
Honesty from an insta muppet? She still seems to try to cling on to all her US running idols who are BQing at every race. There is a group of 40 something women that always rock up to the US majors in matching outfits. Triandrungirl (heather, jenna, Claire etc) and a bunch of others. Their Boston content was cringe, 4 of them did Chicago on the weekend. I occasionally get them popping up in my feed. All with fillers, heavy make up and looking quite cringy but I imagine that’s what beans is aspiring to be.
Yes they are nuts, they are always running, always matching and always qualify for Boston - I reckon Charlie is so jealous of all that!

ahappypace is one of these and she is doing Kona this weekend, I have never seen someone fit running and triathlon into 24hours like she does - it’s crazy!

I’ve just remembered about a running influencer called Charlie, she is a mum and I think maybe illustrator? Has she disappeared altogether? I quite liked her

Reactions: 1
I’ve just remembered about a running influencer called Charlie, she is a mum and I think maybe illustrator? Has she disappeared altogether? I quite liked her
whatcharlierannext? Yeah she seems to have gotten out of the influencer game and pretty much disappeared from one day to the next.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.