Ruby Granger

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It happens.
Most of the siblings I know have completely different personalities (including me and my sis), it’s quite normal imo.
Competition among siblings sounds unhealthy and exhausting 🤷🏻‍♀️
It depends what you're like personality-wise I guess! My brother and I are very different with different interests and skills but we've alwaya had some healthy competition. We're like this as a family too, love a good family quiz or board game night and we all get very competitive! It's healthy competition. But I know if I had a sister like Ruby I would definitely feel pressure to be like her or live up to that. It's just what I'm like as a person, we're all different. I couldn't imagine a dinner table without a lively discussion, or a games evening without a bit of competition, and I couldn't imagine having a sister like Ruby (especially as she is the older one) to "live up to" - all I was saying is perhaps her sister has gone down the route of being totally different so she doesn't feel like there is pressure to be anything like her. That's all. Each to their own :)

In other news, I'm not sure why Ruby hasn't addressed moving home in any of her videos yet, or made one about it. She's said in comments she's moved home "because of Covid" which is fine and she doesn't need to "defend" herself, but completely ignoring things isn't the way to go...

Reactions: 4
Yes I've wondered this too. I appreciate people can be private, but she's never even mentioned thinking anyone is cute/attractive.

Again, maybe just cus I was a horny mess as a young adult, but I find the outward asexual vibe more than a little odd!

Like Eve Cornwell never mentioned her relationships, but we never thought she wasn't having them privately.
Eve Cornwell actually recently came out as queer and announced she has a girlfriend on twitter. Happy for her that she feels comfortable sharing that now.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m confused as to why shes beaming with joy at Biden winning the US elections and saying she ran round the house screaming when she heard the news. I mean yeah its certainly good news that Trump wont be president anymore, but I find her reaction to it a bit over enthusiastic considering Biden was VP of a government who ordered over 26,000 drone strikes on Iraq and Syria... like plz

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She lives in UK. I don’t think her country would be affected badly by the election outcome like some other countries. She is all like “Look, I’m all about the politics. I follow the news.” I call it BS.

Reactions: 7
She lives in UK. I don’t think her country would be affected badly by the election outcome like some other countries. She is all like “Look, I’m all about the politics. I follow the news.” I call it BS.
Tbf a lot of people are worried about the US-UK relationships because of brexit (which happens officially at the start of the new year) we are fully embedded into following the US election as the rest of the world is

Reactions: 13
Eh, her reaction really isn't that different to most other young people that I've seen on my instagram. A lot of people over here are celebrating because the US has beaten Trump and I think for a lot of young people (without getting too political) it signals a possibility that maybe we can also beat our own questionable government.

Reactions: 22
Eh, her reaction really isn't that different to most other young people that I've seen on my instagram. A lot of people over here are celebrating because the US has beaten Trump and I think for a lot of young people (without getting too political) it signals a possibility that maybe we can also beat our own questionable government.
I’ve seen a lot of positive reactions to it, but none from any non US people as positive as hers. It does indeed and in terms of brexit its a good thing for the UK, however in all fairness ruby is rarely vocal about British politics. I’m just surprised how little she must know about Biden to be celebrating so enthusiastically is all

I’ve seen a lot of positive reactions to it, but none from any non US people as positive as hers. It does indeed and in terms of brexit its a good thing for the UK, however in all fairness ruby is rarely vocal about British politics. I’m just surprised how little she must know about Biden to be celebrating so enthusiastically is all
I think “Biden” is just another name for “someone better than Trump”. I reckon she doesn’t know much about him (and I don’t either!). I guess it’s more natural to cheer for/root for the positive (ie someone winning) than the other person losing - even Mr Orange.

Reactions: 5
The same questionable government that she readily took money from recently..? It is actually bad news for privileged families like hers as the trade agreement with the US will be much less favorable to Brexit UK.

Yes, this! I didn't run around the house screaming, but I think a lot of us even in the UK are just pleased that Trump has been taken down! We do have our "special relationship" with the US to think about too, and absolutely it gives us hope that if people can be inspired to vote for the first time like so many did in the US, we might manage to do the same. I do think Ruby likes to be seen as being "in the loop" with current affairs though - so that hours scrolling through news on the internet can be dressed up as "productive"...

Yes, this! I didn't run around the house screaming, but I think a lot of us even in the UK are just pleased that Trump has been taken down! We do have our "special relationship" with the US to think about too, and absolutely it gives us hope that if people can be inspired to vote for the first time like so many did in the US, we might manage to do the same. I do think Ruby likes to be seen as being "in the loop" with current affairs though - so that hours scrolling through news on the internet can be dressed up as "productive"...
Again, as I’ve previously said, I don’t think the special relationship or brexit was what Ruby was so excited about?
But agreed, she definitely posted it to seem as if she knows what shes on about when she clearly doesn’t because if she did know the slightest thing about US politics she wouldn’t be ecstatic upon hearing Biden had won. Which was what my original point was

Reactions: 5
Skimmed through the room tour video... what boggles my mind is some of her hygiene practice: bathed the room in dettol after no one's been there for months versus having photos taped over the sink which it's probably the dirtiest place in the room with all the splashing from washing dirty hands etc and makes it impossible to clean...

Reactions: 14
While I wasn’t jumping around I was certainly relieved when Biden was declared the winner and quickly went downstairs to share the good news. And many, many people behaved similar!

Lots of people have been heavily involved in the election these last few days and the signal this result is sending to everyone is huge! Trump has caused many rightwing parties to gain momentum (not just in the US but also the UK, Germany, France etc.) so I think it’s alright that Ruby was happy. We don’t have to go into more detail whether Biden is all that great or whether all those people who became political advisors during this time will continue to keep up to date with politics, but the important thing is: people cared and people showed an interest.
And that is the first step towards change imo.

Reactions: 13
While I wasn’t jumping around I was certainly relieved when Biden was declared the winner and quickly went downstairs to share the good news. And many, many people behaved similar!

Lots of people have been heavily involved in the election these last few days and the signal this result is sending to everyone is huge! Trump has caused many rightwing parties to gain momentum (not just in the US but also the UK, Germany, France etc.) so I think it’s alright that Ruby was happy. We don’t have to go into more detail whether Biden is all that great or whether all those people who became political advisors during this time will continue to keep up to date with politics, but the important thing is: people cared and people showed an interest.
And that is the first step towards change imo.
Again, literally repeating my original point which was that its great news Trump is out, but thats all it is. Yes its a time to celebrate the end of his presidency, but you’ve essentially gone from being extremely right wing to being moderately right wing and there is also space for frustration, try looking at it from a non european / US centered perspective.
Hence why I think her reaction was OTT

Is it just me who thought it was weird when she said she put a white blanket over the wooden desk because “working on a white surface is more productive” 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Why’s she showing a room tour for a place she moved out weeks ago? It bugs me how out of date her videos are. I’m sure her last vlog included clips of Trump having COVID which happened like 1-2 months ago.

Reactions: 15
Not very productive of her to be releasing videos that are weeks out of date. Said it previously, but for someone so productive it amazes me how long it takes for her to film and edit a video.. a few months ago during lockdown whilst she was obviously at home she release a video of her 'productive days at university' she'd not been at uni for months at that point

Reactions: 6
From the description, it sounds like she doesn't plan to go back this academic year (as she said she was changing her 'permanent' address to home).

Also, she has so much STUFF at university. Lots of knick-knacks and clutter. I understand wanting to put that personal touch on a room, but does she really need so many soft furnishings, and water colour paints? Student accommodation is meant to be pretty transient, so it's not like she permanently rents/owns the property. Having so much stuff just increases the hassle when you have to move/move out, which students do every year.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.