Ruby Granger #9 daddy granger is hot, childhood obsession is not, routine videos are a lot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
iF i ReViSeD fOr NiNe HoUrS sTrAiGhT i WoULd FiNd A cUrE fOr CaNcEr really killed me tho, bro looking more like he'd revise for 2 hours then have his brain explode but you know, finding other people's flaws so people don't look at yours, quite a famous condition amongst people online

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I can't take any teen or young adult seriously who does 'hot take' tiktoks where they basically rant with wide eyes, and weird head tilts and zooming in as they 'make their point'. I can't stand these clapback style videos. It doesn't make them look clever, it makes them look stupid.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I find the video where she opens her a-levels results and she expresses her disappointment at her grades very toxic and damaging. Same goes with her getting upset over her grades at uni.

However, have to agree with the video. With the amount time she dedicates to studying, I'd expect her to be getting full marks. No hate but it's what you'd expect.

Reactions: 33
I find the video where she opens her a-levels results and she expresses her disappointment at her grades very toxic and damaging. Same goes with her getting upset over her grades at uni.

However, have to agree with the video. With the amount time she dedicates to studying, I'd expect her to be getting full marks. No hate but it's what you'd expect.
i have to admit i that i cried when i got my first 2 in primary school (i'm german, our grades are 1-6, 1 is the best). i always had 1 until then, so i was very disappointed in myself because i felt like i was too dumb to get a 1. of course you can not compare 7 year old me to 18/20 year old ruby, but i get the feeling of thinking you could have done better. even if no one expected the best grade of you/there aren't any real consequences, you might feel like you haven't worked hard enough and that you could have done better. it's a feeling of failure you can't really get rid of. this is especially a problem with students who always have the best marks in the class

Reactions: 6

But I would argue that, as stated, itā€™s not a particularly valid criticism because of the way GCSEs and A-Levels are marked. For a start, thereā€™s no particular score that will ā€˜guaranteeā€™ you an A*, unless you get 100%. You need an objectively good score but the grade boundaries change every year and itā€™s entirely possible that what gets you an A* one year will be an A the next, itā€™s dependent on the overall scores of the cohort thatā€™s taking the exams since the boundaries are readjusted. Also, definitely with GCSEs and to a greater extent, also with A-Levels, a good score is really more of a measure of how well youā€™ve understood whatā€™s required for that particular exam, itā€™s not a measure of intelligence as such. When I was at school, there was no such thing as being given the exam specs as part of our learning, but a few years later when my brother was doing A-Levels his courses (at a different and ā€˜very goodā€™ school) basically involved him doing nothing but past papers and following the exam specs for two years. He learnt what he needed for that particular exam and he learnt how to take an A-Level, but did he learn much else? No, not really.

Iā€™m not trying to defend Ruby but I donā€™t think itā€™s so simple as ā€˜youā€™re studying a lot, you should get top gradesā€™. If you work out the how of an A-Level you can get a top grade, but what Iā€™ve noticed with Ruby a lot is that she doesnā€™t study smart, she just studies a lot. If she enjoys it, then thatā€™s great and is probably more beneficial to her now at degree level. However itā€™s not necessarily the best strategy for getting top grades at GCSE and A-Level.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
aaaand yes he has a point, you could easily have a*s if you study that much, but we all know ruby does mostly busywork. also there are people who get blackouts or panick attaks in exams. 9h study sessions are not granting good marks. i feel it's a bit mean to judge here because apart from As still being good grades as far as i know, as i said ruby didn't sign a contract to always have best marks and her grades are none of our business. if she wants to be sad, let her be sad.

it's actually quite funny how you are exactly the problem ruby and many others have. your comment is basically like "from what you do, everything under A* would be totally disappointing!" and then directly after that you go "why does she think As are bad?"

Reactions: 8
I keep reading ā€a*sā€ as ā€assā€ in my head, and it makes it so much better šŸ˜…

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Iā€™m not trying to defend Ruby but I donā€™t think itā€™s so simple as ā€˜youā€™re studying a lot, you should get top gradesā€™. If you work out the how of an A-Level you can get a top grade, but what Iā€™ve noticed with Ruby a lot is that she doesnā€™t study smart, she just studies a lot. If she enjoys it, then thatā€™s great and is probably more beneficial to her now at degree level. However itā€™s not necessarily the best strategy for getting top grades at GCSE and A-Level.
1000% this- my a level grades were A*CD, and the A* was in Geography- partly because I loved that subject, partly because I figured out what they wanted- the C and D were in Biology and Chemistry- for those, I didn't enjoy them that much and I didn't figure out how the exam worked, I just studied a lot and memorised, along with the fact I have mental health issues lol

Reactions: 3
I can't take any teen or young adult seriously who does 'hot take' tiktoks where they basically rant with wide eyes, and weird head tilts and zooming in as they 'make their point'. I can't stand these clapback style videos. It doesn't make them look clever, it makes them look stupid.
I think you summarized Jade there pretty well..

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I think it probably goes to show that all those unhealthy ā€œstudy with meā€ videos she did back at gcse and a level probably werenā€™t the most effective forms of revision. At that point she was doing 9 hour study days almost all the time šŸ˜³
There are plenty of more effective ways to study that donā€™t consume so much of your time. Imagine spending that amount of time studying and then being disappointed in your grade. It mustā€™ve been pretty upsetting for her I guess

Reactions: 9
Yea, the dude was unnecessarily rude and kinda made himself look like a fool, but the point still stands.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Yeah as embarrassing as his video was, he did have a vague point about her toxic productivity and I genuinely donā€™t think anyone has ever actually confronted Ruby about it before? So I kinda wanna know if Ruby had seen it / read the comments and what she thinks about it haha

Reactions: 8
I heard her mother keeps a blog - does anyone know more about this?

Enjoy

Reactions: 2
iF i ReViSeD fOr NiNe HoUrS sTrAiGhT i WoULd FiNd A cUrE fOr CaNcEr really killed me tho, bro looking more like he'd revise for 2 hours then have his brain explode but you know, finding other people's flaws so people don't look at yours, quite a famous condition amongst people online
Isn't the second half what we do??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I think rather than her grades (which as other people have pointed out have more variables than just how much you study), her Oxford rejection is more symptomatic of the fact that she struggled to adapt her study methods to the task she was expected to do. She spent years on that only to panic and shut down once she was actually there. I think that happens when you're ill-prepared for what you actually need to do. Sure nerves can play a part but in my experience, all the anxiety in the world cannot account for failure on its own. Maybe you'll under-perform but if you have trained for something well you won't just go from 100% to 0% because of nerves. I don't know how her exam actually went but from the way she described it it sounded like a terrible experience, she forgot the meaning of words apparently and couldn't form coherent thoughts about the poem she was supposed to analyze.

And if your anxiety is so severe that it actually can cause you to fail important tasks despite your preparation, you need to seek help for it because it's a problem that will come back to bite you in the butt in the future. Dealing with performance anxiety so that it doesn't ruin all of your hard work and preparation is an important skill, not only in academic settings but in life in general.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Genuinely curious - has she ever addressed her old ā€œstudy with meā€ videos being unhealthy and slightly problematic? Because she doesnā€™t really do them anymore and most people know that studying for that long isnā€™t good, but has she ever publicly acknowledged that on her channel?

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.