Ruby Granger #9 daddy granger is hot, childhood obsession is not, routine videos are a lot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A bit OT, but why are so many influencers triggered by these gossip sites? (except obvious crappy behaviour like doxxing etc...). (some) people IRL will talk tit about you behind your back as well, in school, at work, your family members....Im not sure why they are so appaled about it? Sure, we can argue that gossiping and talking behind ones back is crappy, but it happens and its just a part of human nature.

Do they think they would never be subjected to it if they werent an influencer?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm curious as to what triggered Ruby's ED. And if she doesn't have an ED, why is she so drawn to them? I know Holly and her family did dance at a high level, and that industry is known to encourage unhealthy behaviours. But with Ruby I'm pretty sure she has never participated in elite sports, so I wonder where the issues are coming from.
Many neurodivergent people develop an ED at some point and I wouldn't be surprised if Ruby is neurodivergent.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Overly perfectionist behavious often go hand in hand with anorexia. The need to be the best prepared, straight-A, top of the class, perfect... so in food eating 100% clean, only healthy foods, excersizing a lot..

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think it’s entirely plausible that Ruby’s personality would make her susceptible to developing an ED. I speak as someone who was so academically driven at school and a perfectionist. I also had a fear of growing up and becoming truly independent (partly as a result of an underlying health condition and the reality of going into adulthood and managing it for the rest of my life.)

Ruby is very academically driven and a perfectionist. I feel that this could possibly be traced back to the Oxford rejection, as when she went to university she seemed to show far more interest in exercise. She also faced the reality of marks going down, which is all relative at Uni - but I know I struggled with seeing 60s at first, despite that being good!

It’s no secret she has a fear of going up - which goes far deeper than play acting a Victorian child. I’m only saying this because I am more certain than ever that something is wrong, that this isn’t just an act. There’s too many warning signs not to. I highly suspect she won’t go back to Exeter until September, and I just hope she gets help before then. Because I can say from firsthand experience that Exeter MH services- ED services especially - cannot be relied on.

Sorry for the rant! I guess I wanted to try and point out why this may not be as unexpected, based on what we’ve seen of her. She’s also mentioned struggling with OCD in the past, and this is quite common in those suffering with an ED.

Reactions: 23
Might seem pretty picky but why on earth does Ruby put loose tea leaves in the cup and then just pours hot water from the pot on top of it like she’s making some sort of instant coffee in her last video? 🥴 I’m sorry if this has been mentioned before and I’m in no way a tea expert so genuinely happy to be educated as to the why it’s a thing, rn to me it just feels like she’s wasting tea leaves just for performative AeSthETiC ✨ purposes.
Won’t dwell on the already mentioned atrocious quality of the video and sound (What the heck is that relentless banging sound in the back of her Book recs voice over?!), the completely obnoxious book comments or the white tights that made me want to gouge my eyes out with that tea strainer she’s not even using.
AA7A1CA6-C724-4F8D-AF6F-1F9604F3B1D1.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I think it’s entirely plausible that Ruby’s personality would make her susceptible to developing an ED. I speak as someone who was so academically driven at school and a perfectionist. I also had a fear of growing up and becoming truly independent (partly as a result of an underlying health condition and the reality of going into adulthood and managing it for the rest of my life.)

Ruby is very academically driven and a perfectionist. I feel that this could possibly be traced back to the Oxford rejection, as when she went to university she seemed to show far more interest in exercise. She also faced the reality of marks going down, which is all relative at Uni - but I know I struggled with seeing 60s at first, despite that being good!

It’s no secret she has a fear of going up - which goes far deeper than play acting a Victorian child. I’m only saying this because I am more certain than ever that something is wrong, that this isn’t just an act. There’s too many warning signs not to. I highly suspect she won’t go back to Exeter until September, and I just hope she gets help before then. Because I can say from firsthand experience that Exeter MH services- ED services especially - cannot be relied on.

Sorry for the rant! I guess I wanted to try and point out why this may not be as unexpected, based on what we’ve seen of her. She’s also mentioned struggling with OCD in the past, and this is quite common in those suffering with an ED.
Agree with all this so much.

Reactions: 1
A bit OT, but why are so many influencers triggered by these gossip sites? (except obvious crappy behaviour like doxxing etc...). (some) people IRL will talk tit about you behind your back as well, in school, at work, your family members....Im not sure why they are so appaled about it? Sure, we can argue that gossiping and talking behind ones back is crappy, but it happens and its just a part of human nature.

Do they think they would never be subjected to it if they werent an influencer?
Yeah, I think what bothers them is the fact that they can read about it and it's public, as opposed to gossip that happens by word of mouth or in more private online spaces such as text messages, social media, etc. I think it's also because people all over the world are making assumptions based on your content (which of course does not reflect your entire life) and they probably feel like they can't participate and defend themselves. I mean, the more popular you get, the more varied the opinions of others about you will be. It's not just people from your hometown talking behind your back.

Of course, I do think that sometimes they probably do sneak in here once in a while, or make friends or family defend them. Lol. I think we saw a post once by someone who may have been Ruby's sister. Usually, it's really obvious when fans or family of Ruby post here.

Reactions: 6
Might seem pretty picky but why on earth does Ruby put loose tea leaves in the cup and then just pours hot water from the pot on top of it like she’s making some sort of instant coffee in her last video? 🥴 I’m sorry if this has been mentioned before and I’m in no way a tea expert so genuinely happy to be educated as to the why it’s a thing, rn to me it just feels like she’s wasting tea leaves just for performative AeSthETiC ✨ purposes.
Won’t dwell on the already mentioned atrocious quality of the video and sound (What the heck is that relentless banging sound in the back of her Book recs voice over?!), the completely obnoxious book comments or the white tights that made me want to gouge my eyes out with that tea strainer she’s not even using. View attachment 545899
Whats more annoying is that there is a tea strainer on the table

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Won’t dwell on the already mentioned atrocious quality of the video and sound (What the heck is that relentless banging sound in the back of her Book recs voice over?!), the completely obnoxious book comments or the white tights that made me want to gouge my eyes out with that tea strainer she’s not even using. View attachment 545899
I love tea so much and this... just makes me cringe, she constantly goes on about how much she loves tea and I’ve literally seen her make it in videos properly so why can’t she put the effort in for one video??? For someone who presents themselves as a perfectionist she sure is sloppy so much of the time

Reactions: 20
I spotted this too! I never use loose tea leaves so idk really but like I don't think you'd want all the stuff you're using to make tea in your cup?

Reactions: 5
I do use loose leaf tea and due to my old job was trained by twinning
Step one is heat the tea pot with boiling water
Step two add 1 teaspoon of tea per a cup of boiling water
Step three leave the tea to brew for 3-5mins depending on the type of tea
Step four pour the tea using a strainer into a warmed cup
Step five have a spare teapot full of boiling water incase the remaining tea in the pot over brews

Not Ruby's way of put the leaves in a pot add boiling water and pour into a cup and drink trying not to get the leaves stuck in your teeth

Reactions: 8
Yeah I find it weird that she’s such a perfectionist yet there are so many things about her that seem quite the opposite. Like the quality of some of her videos and the editing... sometimes it’s just awful for someone with her amount of subscribers. I can’t believe she looks back at some of her videos and thinks it’s professional (especially when filming a sponsorship). And not to mention the clutter in her house lol, I really wouldn’t be happy showing that on YT if that was me but each to their own I suppose :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 23
Yeah I find it weird that she’s such a perfectionist yet there are so many things about her that seem quite the opposite. Like the quality of some of her videos and the editing... sometimes it’s just awful for someone with her amount of subscribers. I can’t believe she looks back at some of her videos and thinks it’s professional (especially when filming a sponsorship). And not to mention the clutter in her house lol, I really wouldn’t be happy showing that on YT if that was me but each to their own I suppose :ROFLMAO:
Yeah it's amazing that she still doesn't know how to edit her videos properly. Even basic stuff like not cutting off her sentences that any amateur would notice.

Reactions: 14
So her latest posts on Pinterest are beachy, surfer girl, Insta model fashion. Probably not great for her ED if she does have one, but at the same time I REALLY hope this means she's going to abandon the Anne Shirley cosplay and move towards dressing her age...

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 12.39.24 AM.png

• Haha
Reactions: 14
So her latest posts on Pinterest are beachy, surfer girl, Insta model fashion. Probably not great for her ED if she does have one, but at the same time I REALLY hope this means she's going to abandon the Anne Shirley cosplay and move towards dressing her age...
well some of them seam to be more like thinspo, not sure if i like that

Reactions: 1
Ughhh I wish he called her out for something other than just basically saying ‘lol she revised really hard and didn’t even get 3 A*s’, kinda just comes off as being mean for no reason
yeah, he even noticed that it is mean/rude like- bruh? just don't say it then? also why does he care about her grades? obviously her excessive studying isn't the healthiest (and smartest) but if she likes it? does it mean she has to have best grades then? she didn't sign a contract. also his voice is making me agressive haha

aaaand he said "there used to be a girl on youtube" i'm not a native speaker but to me this sounds as though she was dead lol

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.