Ruby Granger #8 Government checks, body checks, and yet no privilege checks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i know this won’t apply to everyone who’s suffered from an ED, but when i was dealing with mine, my mum did tend to baby me even more and kind of went along with it until it was too much to be ignored. so i kind of relate to what Ruby’s parents are seeming to be doing atm. i think my mum personally just “went along with it” because she thought i’d just grow out of it i guess? maybe that’s what Ruby’s parents are doing too?

(like the rest of you guys i’m not trying to diagnose Ruby with anything but i just see a lot of similarities)

• Sad
Reactions: 6
No way do I believe that is her afternoon routine (In regards to her newest video).

I'm from the U.K myself and yes, alot of people do have afternoon tea. Its usually in the form of a cup of tea or coffee with a couple of biscuits, with the occasional slice of cake or scone.

We don't stop everything we are doing, get the fine china out, put on our posh frocks and sit around the kitchen table pretending were the Queen of England.
Yeah, but that’s because you’re not cottagecore enough. A fine English lady like Ruby *has* to make a show out of having some tea.

Reactions: 11
Watched the latest video...

-uses her Mac despite being paid to advertise that other laptop 😂
-that tree house is MASSIVE omg
-she mentioned having to be 'woken up' by facial spray in the afternoon and feeling unproductive in the afternoon. This really isn't normal. I imagine it's because she eats so little and by this point her body is crying out for a decent meal
-she explicitly mentions only cutting two slices of jam roly poly for her parents, just to make it abundantly clear that she's not having it. She knows EXACTLY what she's doing and what she's projecting to her vulnerable and impressionable viewers
-3 outfits in one afternoon?? Also that yellow dress is ridiculous and is basically a primary school dress

Reactions: 24
Yeah, but that’s because you’re not cottagecore enough. A fine English lady like Ruby *has* to make a show out of having some tea.
Im a country girl myself. I agree with you, I am no where near as cottagecore enough. If I decided to 'prepare' afternoon tea for my parents like that; they would not be able to take it seriously it would be one big joke.

Our idea of afternoon tea would be having a cuppa and eating half a packet of broken digestives, then probably fighting over the last biscuit.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
i can’t stand how many times she says “and” in one sentence... is this her way of acting more childlike? Because surely an english lit student would know better than to list things with about 6 “ands” in a sentence

• Haha
Reactions: 15
i can’t stand how many times she says “and” in one sentence... is this her way of acting more childlike? Because surely an english lit student would know better than to list things with about 6 “ands” in a sentence
her whole childish vibe is just getting creepy now

Reactions: 8
Look I know this is a gossip thread, but I'm starting to get really uncomfortable with the amount of people saying shes not thin enough to have an ed

• Heart
Reactions: 67
this is... not it roobee

Look I know this is a gossip thread, but I'm starting to get really uncomfortable with the amount of people saying shes not thin enough to have an ed
can we not get all personal and sensitive on a gossip forum? she lies about everything else, why isn't assuming she is about this as well fair game. she's obsessed with the starving victorian child image. she romanticizes poverty despite having money. need I remind anyone of her pathetic Oliver Twist impression as if she's ever had anything besides a full fridge in her house?

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I bet she just does that to sound/look like a 10-year-old Emma Watson....i.e. like a child

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
this is... not it roobee

can we not get all personal and sensitive on a gossip forum? she lies about everything else, why isn't assuming she is about this as well fair game. she's obsessed with the starving victorian child image. she romanticizes poverty despite having money. need I remind anyone of her pathetic Oliver Twist impression as if she's ever had anything besides a full fridge in her house?
I think theres a difference between saying she could be faking it because she's obsessed with play pretend and saying that her not being thin enough means she doesnt have an ed. Like, people of all body shapes have eating disorders so its not really evidence of her lying in my opinion.

Reactions: 19
Ok, this is soooo creepy.
In her most recent insta post, she says: "I tried recreating one of my very favourite paintings. Vladmir Gusev’s art is just divine and I most definitely recommend you looking through them online. They capture the wholesome beauty and simplicity of springtime girlhood" (I got chills all over when I read this tbh)
But my point.
I've done a quick research on the paintings of Vladimir Gusev... and seems like this painting is from another artist, Konstantin Razumov.
1617353612704.png

Apart from this mistake, both are creepy af and most importantly, troublesome artists.

What is more striking to me is that Ruby sees these pictures as "inspiration" (they are in her pinterest board), but let's see, what's the inspiration? White pure girls at puberty? Upper class "perfect" ladies doing what was expected to them in the 19th century, sewing and having perfect children? Why is she describing as "simplicity girlhood" themes that in reality show idealized underage girls in fantasy scenaries? (Reminder: these are paintings from the second half of the 20th century!!!!😣)

This is far from normal. I'm trying to understand why a 20-21 yo student would save and recreate these pictures but I can't.
1617354696422.png
1617354709054.png

• Sick
Reactions: 34
I don't think it's that people think she isn't thin enough to have an ED, I think it's more so that she shows herself eating very few calories but she hasn't lost the drastic amount of weight that you would expect with such a restricted intake. That + the way this behaviour started after reading books like Wintergirls makes it all seem very performative.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Ok, this is soooo creepy.
In her most recent insta post, she says: "I tried recreating one of my very favourite paintings. Vladmir Gusev’s art is just divine and I most definitely recommend you looking through them online. They capture the wholesome beauty and simplicity of springtime girlhood" (I got chills all over when I read this tbh)
But my point.
I've done a quick research on the paintings of Vladimir Gusev... and seems like this painting is from another artist, Konstantin Razumov.
View attachment 510632

Apart from this mistake, both are creepy af and most importantly, troublesome artists.

What is more striking to me is that Ruby sees these pictures as "inspiration" (they are in her pinterest board), but let's see, what's the inspiration? White pure girls at puberty? Upper class "perfect" ladies doing what was expected to them in the 19th century, sewing and having perfect children? Why is she describing as "simplicity girlhood" themes that in reality show idealized underage girls in fantasy scenaries? (Reminder: these are paintings from the second half of the 20th century!!!!😣)

This is far from normal. I'm trying to understand why a 20-21 yo student would save and recreate these pictures but I can't.
View attachment 510651 View attachment 510652
This and her seeming to almost stan Lewis Carroll is just so disturbing... Does she not realise how creepy this comes across?

Reactions: 12
”Springtime girlhood” 👀🤢

Also, her standing there looking at full-grown chickens with a droopy daffodil and an empty basket 😂😂😂 It’s like one of those ”ordered this online, and this is what arrived” pictures 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
"Girlhood", Ruby you are a twenty year old in college.
This is ridiculous

I don't think it's that people think she isn't thin enough to have an ED, I think it's more so that she shows herself eating very few calories but she hasn't lost the drastic amount of weight that you would expect with such a restricted intake. That + the way this behaviour started after reading books like Wintergirls makes it all seem very performative.
And we all know everything Ruby does is performative.
At the end of the day it doesn't matter if she actually does have an ED or not, we are not in her head, we can't know that, but she is acting like she does have one and she's harming herself, her body and her audience in the process. Whether she has an ED or she's just pretending to have one, she has a problem. It wouldn't be normal to pretend to have an ED either.

this is... not it roobee

Oh my God the Oliver Twist impression. That was r/TIHI material. So cringy and disrespectful.

Reactions: 12
This is ridiculous
Are you talking about "girlhood" or my comment? I don't mind people considering their early 20s part of their 'girlhood', but in Ruby's case she is glorifying childhood so a caption like that is worrying.

Reactions: 2
-3 outfits in one afternoon?? Also that yellow dress is ridiculous and is basically a primary school dress
Yeah that yellow dress literally reminded me of a primary school child... that and this weird recreation picture of the painting have creeped me out so much- if a 20 year old man did any of this wed literally be calling the police but since it’s a young white woman no one seems to care which is super concerning

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.