Ruby Granger #7 Fake Smiles and Facsimiles

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same, especially as I am studying English as well. I wanted to become a full time journalist, but I am now thinking part time teacher and freelance journalist. Maybe Ruby should make a video on career perspectives with our majors because becoming a writer or work in publishing is definitely not the only option😅 She should also talk more about her major in general, like what skills you acquire with it etc.
Yep, I study Journalism at Uni but you can do so many careers with it, not just Journalism! You can do PR, marketing, etc. She is the type of person to believe you can only get a job in what the uni degree means.

Reactions: 2
sorry if this is mean or rude but..that hat always reminds me of a tea cosy 😳
Why is her hat so far down? She can barely see!

I've just seen that Vee has got a book contract with Penguin - I bet Ruby is so envious!

Reactions: 12

I've just seen that Vee has got a book contract with Penguin - I bet Ruby is so envious!
I thought that too! I actually like Vee, her “write an essay in 4 hours” videos were very relatable and funny. She’s a very intelligent girl and i’m glad she got a book deal, she actually deserves it in comparison to someone like Ruby.

• Sick
Reactions: 16
I thought that too! I actually like Vee, her “write an essay in 4 hours” videos were very relatable and funny. She’s a very intelligent girl and i’m glad she got a book deal, she actually deserves it in comparison to someone like Ruby.
I LOVE Vee! So inspiring and down to earth! I love her "cry with me" mad panic at getting the essays done videos đŸ€Ł she's very intelligent but so relatable!

Ruby's writing is not that of an author's.

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Btw what happened with that world books day contest in the end? Wasn't she supposed to grant someone with her personal book recommendation or sth? :ROFLMAO:
My 'Carrot' from Peter Rabbit costume technically won, although it seems the competition was forgotten about

• Sad
Reactions: 19
im second year medstudent and never studied more than 8 hours a day during exam season, still pass with good grades and have time for friends and stuff...but you know, roobee is studying the hardest course ever, lol yes sure
Same, I'm studying languages and I can't do more than 8-9 hours in a day. Right now I'm preparing an exam and writing my thesis so I'm super busy, I've tried doing a bit more (since it's lockdown here so I have nothing else to do) but I just can't lol I get super distracted and tired and it's not worth it.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Same, I'm studying languages and I can't do more than 8-9 hours in a day. Right now I'm preparing an exam and writing my thesis so I'm super busy, I've tried doing a bit more (since it's lockdown here so I have nothing else to do) but I just can't lol I get super distracted and tired and it's not worth it.
I only have about 4hrs of classes (and about 1 of homework) but after that I'm knackered and want to relax 😭 i don't understand 9+ hr study days -- you're never going to absorb any info if you're stressed all the time!!

Reactions: 4
I only have about 4hrs of classes (and about 1 of homework) but after that I'm knackered and want to relax 😭 i don't understand 9+ hr study days -- you're never going to absorb any info if you're stressed all the time!!
I think 9h is needed in postgrad degrees (with breaks of course), but you need to schedule in some down time at least once in the week or you’ll break yourself.

Ruby basically lives for an undergraduate degree which just isn’t healthy, she should do other things at the weekends if and when she can! It’s sad to see her build a personality around a degree

Reactions: 7
Same, especially as I am studying English as well. I wanted to become a full time journalist, but I am now thinking part time teacher and freelance journalist. Maybe Ruby should make a video on career perspectives with our majors because becoming a writer or work in publishing is definitely not the only option😅 She should also talk more about her major in general, like what skills you acquire with it etc.
I seem to remember at one point her saying that she only picked English Literature because she found it interesting and had no initial desire to work in that field (except maybe for her sad examples of self insert fiction). Which always confused me, because like why study something you don't want to work in?

A friend of mine studied English Literature at Glasgow Uni, and he does some form of journalism. He told me it was an interesting course, but the job prospects are difficult to get into, but he had previous work experience that helped.

I wish you the best of luck!, I know job prospects after uni can be hard personally and especially currently in the economy thanks to Covid, but I hope it all works out for you. Just remember to have some fun sometimes, Ruby will look back one day and regret her uni experience, because all she did was read books 😂.

Reactions: 3
I think 9h is needed in postgrad degrees (with breaks of course), but you need to schedule in some down time at least once in the week or you’ll break yourself.

Ruby basically lives for an undergraduate degree which just isn’t healthy, she should do other things at the weekends if and when she can! It’s sad to see her build a personality around a degree
Also, like, I do 8h a day because I have a very high GPA and I need to maintain it in order to qualify for financial aid. I'm a bit neurotic about my grades tbh lol I'd recommend taking it a little bit easier than I do because now that I'm almost done with my Bachelor's I'm exhausted. But I do take breaks during the day and on weekends.

Reactions: 2
View attachment 469919
She just posted this a few hours ago... hi, Ruby!
This might be a stretch but when I saw that gif of Anna, I wondered if Ruby might think it’s Anne (from Anne of Green Gables/Anne with an E) but an animated version? I can’t imagine her really knowing about Frozen or knowing character names enough to search for that gif on Instagram 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
This might be a stretch but when I saw that gif of Anna, I wondered if Ruby might think it’s Anne (from Anne of Green Gables/Anne with an E) but an animated version? I can’t imagine her really knowing about Frozen or knowing character names enough to search for that gif on Instagram 😂
I think if you search 'excited' you get gifs like that. I feel like she would be a Disney person if she wasn't such a film/tv snob 😂

Reactions: 18
I doubt she doesn’t know the characters from frozen lol 😂 It’s a pretty famous ‘excited’ gif to use

Reactions: 5
I doubt she doesn’t know the characters from frozen lol 😂 It’s a pretty famous ‘excited’ gif to use
She didn't know Poirot and she's British so everything is possible

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I'm confused as to how you guys know Ruby reads these threads?
Everything that’s said/predicted here she ends up mentioning on her story or eventually does it, all within a quick time frame. It’s hardly a coincidence at this point.

Reactions: 20

omg this reminded me how much I LOVE Vee's videos!! I feel like she's a far more realistic version of what ruby is trying so hard to be. Vee has a lovely aesthetic however she doesn't base her entire personality on that. Vee also shows her flaws, unlike ruby! I feel like ruby tries so hard to keep her life as organized as possible but in reality, can someone really have a to-do list for like every single second of their life?? Vee is far more relatable i literally love watching her videos!!!

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.