Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bublifuk

Why would you change to a single bed? I’ve never had a double bed and really want one! 😂

Also, her room hasn’t changed since she was 11?? Do we think going to a single bed is another regression to childhood?
What really irritates me is the "modern double bed" phrase. Next thing you know she's gonna swap out the "modern" mattress and pillows with sacks of hay and use a potato sack as a cover.

• Haha
Reactions: 52

buflesse

Chatty Member
So Ruby has been gifted a £1000+ laptop...Shame she didn't donate it to an 'underfunded state school'

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 51

pipol

I just thought I’d put this out here as I wasn’t very comfortable with one of the discussions on one of Ruby’s previous threads:
A lot of people were criticising her for sharing her location with her dad when she went out for a walk and I just want to say that there is *nothing wrong with that*. As conversations about women walking home alone have become a talking point this week in particular, I was reminded of some people slating ruby for sharing her location. As women, there is always a danger when walking alone, whether it be in rural Buckinghamshire or London - and there is NOTHING wrong with wanting to take precautions!
I was so disappointed to see so many people criticising her for it when it’s a really important precaution that many of us really unfortunately feel as if we should take.

• Heart
Reactions: 50

n8459

Chatty Member
I’ve just read my earlier comments about keeping food in your room and realised how insensitive and tone deaf they came across as I hadn’t considered disordered eating. I live alone so I’m lucky enough to be able to keep food in the kitchen and know it won’t be eaten

I’m sorry if i upset anybody with my comments - I was being really insensitive and not thinking of other possibilities

• Heart
Reactions: 48

Ceecee3

Is anyone else finding Ruby's videos a bit triggering for their ED? I had pizza last night and watched the night time routine video where she just had mainly veggies and a bit of pasta and no (vegan) cheese. It reminds me of my own restrictive habits. Especially the way she pulled a face at the thought of cheese. I remember convincing myself/others I didn't like certain foods anymore. I'm finding myself bodychecking Ruby a lot which I never used to do before because there's so much emphasis on her size and diet now in her videos/photo angles. I think I'll take a step back from following her for a bit for my own sanity tbh because I hate myself when I'm like this, and I've worked so hard not to this obsessive about other's body/diet and my own. It might sound dumb but her doing yoga before bed really tipped me off the edge - cos I'm literally eating and going to bed. Again, I recall working out in the mornings and before bed and how much I was able to lose doing that, and how much I sometimes still feel that urge now. I don't know you guys - it feels less productivity inspiring and more toxic producitivity. Her habits could be perfectly innocent but at the moment, with a bit of lockdown pudge on, I feel awful and weakwilled as it is with my own diet and exercise and content that drops hints like this doesn't help. If she does have something ED going on, I hope she can get through it because it is devastating even when you're in recovery. It could be that there's other things going on -intolerances she has to accommodate, a lack of appetite due to stress, a genuine urge to eat healthy that may be bordering on orthorexia now but the unintended effect for me is that it's triggering. I wish my brain didn't overthink stuff like this but it's hard not to and I can see by others comments on here a lot of you feel the same. Look after yourself and don't be afraid to unfollow her and this thread if it's provoking anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

cheesecakes

Okay so I delved a little deeper into Ruby's goodreads and her 150 'books' read.

Her average book length was 249, with the shortest being 13 pages and the longest being 744 (which was David Cameron's autobiography :sick:).
I think it's completely fine to put short stories on it but she's put everything as a book read, including essays, single poems, and the majority of what she's read appears to be children's literature. She read 37,358 pages overall.

I read 150 books in 2020, my average length was 335, my shortest was 12 pages (yes a short story lol) and my longest was 803. I managed 50,266 overall. Just for some perspective. Same amount of books, significantly more pages overall.

Also I love libraries and what ruby said pissed me the fuck off, I grew up forcing my poor mother to drag me and my younger sister down there once a week at least, because we couldn't afford to spend fucktons of money on books so libraries were how I got into reading. They're such an important resource and I continue to use them as an adult.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

Welshgal

VIP Member
If she really loves children so much, she should get out there and work/volunteer with kids (once COVID calms down, of course). There are TONS of options. I think she might enjoy helping out a speech therapist, as it's a combo of both kinds and literacy skills.
She doesn’t love children. She loves behaving and dressing like a child.

• Heart

tawdryhepburn

That she's missing getting to her library because they're closed due to covid, that libraries are a ~gift~ and we should be aware of our privilege having access to public libraries. That they are the best way of consuming literature and mean you can read for free and don't have to compromise on having the physical book. Then she urges us to make use of our local library when they open up again so they can stay open.
i mean.......... she’s not wrong?

kbjhguih

VIP Member
..... I have to come clean.

I keep snacks in my room (just a few chocolates, maybe some sweets, and them birthday cake bars you can get). 😔 If I leave anything downstairs it’ll get eaten by everybody else in the house within a few days, whereas if I keep it in my room I can make it last a lot longer. Then again, I have intense Social Anxiety and it’s always been a comfort/control thing to know what I have. 😭

I don’t think it’s particularly weird to have a few snacks in a designated place (especially if they’re all prepackaged and it’s not just crumbs all over). I do think this isn’t really much to pull Ruby up on though, it’s honestly not THAT weird.
And the Frozen reference after it’d been talked about on here 😂
I thought that! Someone had only just said she might not know who Anna is, and now she’s mentioning Frozen. 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 45

ghostly_prince

Sorry this is off topic but I was just rewatching one of her videos from a couple of weeks ago and I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this but look at the question she want to explore in her assessment for her Victorian module!

Screenshot (26).png

"Examine how two texts explore starvation, food, or eating."

This is such a huge red flag. I know there's been speculations about Ruby potentially having an ed or at least disordered eating behaviours and I'm genuinely worried now. Ed's are obsessions and it's clear she's a bit obsessive about food/eating, even if she's using the Victorian era as an excuse.

I worry she's just going to make herself sicker. We can criticize her as much as we want but at the end of the day she is a bright young women who deserves to be the best and healthiest version of herself. I just hope she gets help before it's too late.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 45

Griftwood

VIP Member
People, we’re severely misunderstanding her. It’s obvious she’s ascended to the next level and is now embodying an entirely new aesthetic - toddlercore! When you dressed yourself all by yourself today. When you really, really tried to color inside the lines. When you can only handle about 200 calories per meal because you’re just so smol. Say it with me: Toddlercore!

• Haha
Reactions: 44

buflesse

Chatty Member
Screenshot_20210320-085834_Instagram.jpg

I see she's still boasting about reading 150 books a year. I honestly HATE this kind of obsessive quantifying of books. It's meaningless and turns reading into a competition. Also it's hardly a surprise she reads that many when we know she counts kids' books, short stories etc 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 43

meweme

I don't wanna offend anybody or shut down the discussion (after all that's a gossip forum), but I simply hate all this talk about 'skinny fat' bla. Yeah - another category we found to describe the unruly female body, another way to categorize body shapes.

(Sorry, just a short rant after a too long day.)

• Heart
Reactions: 42