Ruby Granger #7 Fake Smiles and Facsimiles

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow these threads go by so fast nowadays! Tbh Ruby is so boring I can't even differentiate what happened in the last thread lol

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Ruby these last couple of days:
Monday - 15 layers and complaining about the cold
Tuesday - summer dress and no socks

not sure what else happened? She’s still uploading basically the same content each week and constantly proves she ain’t as organized and productive like she wants us to believe...

Reactions: 26
-still seems to be pushing the 'state school holocaust memorial' vanity project to cover up for her greed

-produces the same boring daily routine videos that are actually filmed over a number of days

-contributes v little to her book club zooms while other people say intelligent stuff

-continues to wear clothes full of holes, creases etc.

-continues to exhibit some ED like behaviours, possibly to fuel speculation (especially as she reads this forum and we've discussed it a lot)

-still idolises Victorian life but can't get off her laptop and loves her mod cons (eg boiling water tap)

-hasn't heard of famous authors and doesn't bother to learn to pronounce things correctly

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Oh we can add that her house is still bleeping gross (special mention of the dead fly next to an aesthetic bowl of porridge).

Btw what happened with that world books day contest in the end? Wasn't she supposed to grant someone with her personal book recommendation or sth? :ROFLMAO:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I remember a user giving a summary to esch chapter of her book. I lover those they were really funny. Were they completed or didn’t the person continue with it?

Reactions: 2
It annoys me seeing such a beautiful house being treated so poorly.

Reactions: 16
Recap: (I haven’t gotten everything, so please add anything I've missed!)
Ruby…
- holds a book on walks because it’s the ✨bookworm✨ thing to do
- always portrays herself as an organized, tidy person but actually seems kind of messy and disorganized
- still idolizes people like Emma Watson as well as her favorite characters
- tries to appear childlike and naive, but it kind of clashes with her fixation on aesthetics, number of books read, perfection, productivity, being perceived as super intelligent, etc.
- might be seeing an exposing Ruby video from Martha in the near future
- is definitely the “golden child” of the family while poor Martha probably feels left out
- seems to base everything off of an “I’m better at everything than everyone else” persona
- is still making some questionable outfit choices (and doing strange poses for her outfit of the day stories on Insta)
- has said: “I usually don’t follow measurements when I’m baking”
- twirls nonstop since she is so ✨grateful✨ and ✨full of wonder✨ and everything is just ✨magical✨ outside
- is still doing a bunch of monologues that she might perceive as being poetic
- tries to make everything ✨aesthetic✨, ✨literary✨, and ✨bookworm-themed✨
- mentioned in one of her videos how she downloaded Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens on Kindle, which is "not as romantic as reading the beautiful old edition that I have of it."
- seems to think that everything has to revolve around an ✨aesthetic✨ or be romanticized to a T
- continues to recite poetry and quotes from her favorite books
- seems to be trapped in her fantasy/bubble/own little world of being a bookworm, being productive, living an aesthetic, perfect life, running about in fields, etc.
- is bringing an increased, constant flow of cringey posing, “acting” videos, lookbooks, outfit of the day stories on Insta, selfies, reciting monologues, etc. that no one really needed
- seems to be writing (or may have already finished writing, for all we know) a book called Woodland Wonder
- posted a picture of her breakfast with a dead fly in the back near her window
- has been reading a lot of books about the Victorian era, Victorian recipes, Victorian life, etc.
- might have a newfound obsession with Alice in Wonderland
- seems to put in minimal effort when it comes to making her videos
- constantly talks about how she writes an essay thousands of words over the word limit acting like it’s something to show off and be proud of when in reality all it does is showcase her inability to master being concise
- is wearing more tights with holes
- still seems to be quite oblivious to her privilege
- is going to continue with her “underfunded state school” vanity project, most likely because that’s all she could come up with to save face when she was getting backlash about the Holocaust Memorial Day ad, and now has to keep her word
- seems to think that her idea for her little vanity project is better than taking accountability and redonating the money to the Holocaust Memorial Day Trust, an actual charity that probably knows more and has more resources than she does, but wait, she doesn’t want to admit that, so vanity project it is
- put out a new routine video (this might be the 33rd one) where some bits make it clear that it was filmed over the course of a few days
- will wear thin, summer clothes out in the cold one moment and then wear four layers the next
- is doing/might have already done a “dress up as your favorite character” contest-type thing for World Book Day (congrats to the winner who gets to experience the “immense satisfaction of winning such a prestigious competition”)

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Ruby's new video: paper not laptop
Ruby's next video: typing up all her paper notes to seem productive
I can't with her, I'm at the same university as her (albeit a different course) and still have time to do so much more than study all day, I don't understand her mindset at all

Reactions: 31
Yeah I'm currently doing the Graduate Diploma in Law/ GDL (super intense law conversion course) and I don't study all day every day, she has a very warped attitude of what being a student and being productive means

Reactions: 15
Yeah I'm currently doing the Graduate Diploma in Law/ GDL (super intense law conversion course) and I don't study all day every day, she has a very warped attitude of what being a student and being productive means
I'm doing law too! I study at MOST eight hours during essay/exam season, no way would I be pulling 15 hour study days all day every day, and I balance a job alongside studying, she really needs to re-evaluate because there's no way she can keep it up as she goes

• Heart
Reactions: 10
im second year medstudent and never studied more than 8 hours a day during exam season, still pass with good grades and have time for friends and stuff...but you know, roobee is studying the hardest course ever, lol yes sure

Reactions: 22
surely she’ll eventually burn out from giving herself more (possibly unnecessary) work? burnout is such a horrible feeling (as i’m sure a lot of you know!) and as much as she irritates me sometimes, i do hope that she starts looking after herself better

(sorry if there’s any grammar issues in my comments, i’m still learning English)

• Heart
Reactions: 22
surely she’ll eventually burn out from giving herself more (possibly unnecessary) work? burnout is such a horrible feeling (as i’m sure a lot of you know!) and as much as she irritates me sometimes, i do hope that she starts looking after herself better

(sorry if there’s any grammar issues in my comments, i’m still learning English)
honestly being a student then starving yourself on purpose to look frail is about as counterintuitive as binging mickey d’s as a ballet dancer or gymnast. there’s no point in making herself struggle studying on an empty stomach because it’ll make her an (even more rubbish) student. for her sake i hope she gets help too! it would be horrible to waste all her studies to drop out now due to illness.

Reactions: 4
her threads used to never move this fast! this is my fav thread on here tho lol. there's so much info I learn from these as well!!

Reactions: 17
At this point with Ruby I just follow her to watch what she will become after Uni... Like... Will she get a job? (Doubt it), Will she still plan out her weeks like a crazy person (likely) , will she even continue a study channel? (Possibly).

These are all questions I ponder over in my mind, I think she's definitely going to have a culture shock when she no longer has deadlines and actually has forced free time.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
At this point with Ruby I just follow her to watch what she will become after Uni... Like... Will she get a job? (Doubt it), Will she still plan out her weeks like a crazy person (likely) , will she even continue a study channel? (Possibly).

These are all questions I ponder over in my mind, I think she's definitely going to have a culture shock when she no longer has deadlines and actually has forced free time.
Same, especially as I am studying English as well. I wanted to become a full time journalist, but I am now thinking part time teacher and freelance journalist. Maybe Ruby should make a video on career perspectives with our majors because becoming a writer or work in publishing is definitely not the only option😅 She should also talk more about her major in general, like what skills you acquire with it etc.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.