Ruby Granger #6 Holes in tights and Victorian delights!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She holds a book on a walk outside? Why would she not just listen to an audiobook? That's a good way to trip because you aren't noticing where you're walking.
Oh right, she just needs to prove how much of a bookworm she is. :rolleyes:
It reminds me of a very young child who can't leave the house without carrying their favourite object, whether it be a toy, a kitchen utensil, or video game case.

Reactions: 23
She holds a book on a walk outside? Why would she not just listen to an audiobook? That's a good way to trip because you aren't noticing where you're walking.
Because Belle in Beauty and the Beast does it so obviously Ruby must do it too. /s
Seriously tho I wonder why Belle isn't one of her role models like Hermione or Matilda.

It reminds me of a very young child who can't leave the house without carrying their favourite object, whether it be a toy, a kitchen utensil, or video game case.
Yeah when you see those 4 year olds lugging around a giant doll in a pram that's taller than they are lmao

Reactions: 13
i hope she’s not copying rory gilmore because oh my god that‘s a whole nuther academia aspect ☠☠☠

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I remember a comment one one of her videos ages ago asking her if she had autism/was on the spectrum and she replied saying no. I have no idea if she’s been tested for it by a professional though.

Reactions: 2
Because Belle in Beauty and the Beast does it so obviously Ruby must do it too. /s
Seriously tho I wonder why Belle isn't one of her role models like Hermione or Matilda.

Maybe because belle's story has so much romance in it? And knowing ruby, she doesn't like romance that much.

Yeah when you see those 4 year olds lugging around a giant doll in a pram that's taller than they are lmao
I have this feeling that ruby doesn't really see belle as a role model because belle's story has so much romance in it. And knowing ruby, and as to how she deals with anything romantic on litetature...

also can i just add as to how i find it a little disturbing as to how ruby idolizes emma watson? i mean, this video of martha doing a make up on her EXACTLY like emma watson is...disturbing

Reactions: 5
for months i used to see a man with a weird hat 🤠 holding a book and reading it while walking, while i was cycling to my old workplace
i became so fascinated with his ability to read while walking that i started paying attention to what he's reading
it turned out it was always the same book,
stupid showoff 🙄😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I would love for someone to take her to a proper salon and get her hair done, even that would make her look tidier.
Her hair bothers me so much it's so blunt and flat against her head. She would look so much better if she got a good haircut and a blowout

Reactions: 6
I don't think it's weird that she idolises Emma Watson. I think it's more sad that she's not comfortable in her own skin to be herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
also can i just add as to how i find it a little disturbing as to how ruby idolizes emma watson? i mean, this video of martha doing a make up on her EXACTLY like emma watson is...disturbing
i don’t know the full definition but i think hyperfixation might be appropriate?

Reactions: 3
I remember a comment one one of her videos ages ago asking her if she had autism/was on the spectrum and she replied saying no. I have no idea if she’s been tested for it by a professional though.
Didn't she ask on instagram about books on autism a few months back?

Gosh maybe it's because of my own trauma because I used to have bangs like that at 14 and looking back I looked absolutely cringy lmao but I'm really glad Ruby has grown her hair out. She looks way better without them.
And I agree that she needs a haircut.

Reactions: 5
She seems so normal in this video, I'm 100% convinced the childish naive innocent act she puts on for YouTube is just a persona.
She’s actually genuinely really normal in this video - I wish she’d act more like this in her own videos as she’s got quite a likeable personality outside of her YouTube persona

Reactions: 6
Ruby's announced a third book of the month in her book club - 'Such A Fun Age'. I have to say that it's a great choice and unlike the stuff she usually reads. Hopefully it will open her eyes somewhat...

Reactions: 9
I’m assuming the blonde hair is her natural colour but I think she would suit dark hair so much more.

Reactions: 2
This is what confuses me with Ruby. She’s obviously doing something right in order to be getting firsts in her university work, but whatever she shows online tends to just be a very surface-level analysis. I can’t quite work out if she’s dumbing everything down because she assumes her audience is not as bright as her, or if she’s doing that because she’s savvy and realises she has a very ‘young’ demographic (which is still a bit patronising), or if she genuinely doesn’t think about stuff very deeply, or if she’s so possessive of ‘her‘ knowledge that she doesn’t want to share it. It’s odd as what she’s presenting online doesn’t square with her results.
I think it may be this. I knew so many people like this at uni; from how they speak up in class, or how they come across in conversation, you'd never think they're deep-thinking or particularly intelligent. But then when you saw their assignments & their exam grades, it was like a whole different person. I'm pretty sure they wanted to save their hard work & thoughts for themselves, lest anyone copy it or something, idk. or maybe she doesn't want to come across as too deep & mature which is in keeping with her desire to be seemingly as childlike as possible.
in general, i think we only see the tip of the iceberg with ruby. If she were as surface-level in her degree as she is in her videos, there's no way she'd be getting such good grades at uni. Similarly, if she were as child-like and rigid in real life as in her videos, she'd never foster friendships like she did & find friends to share a flat with.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Tbf I don't think Ruby has that many friends and I've heard that when she was sharing a flat with multiple people she was constantly making noise complaints. I think she gets very good grades because she spends her whole life studying.

Reactions: 12
I mean yes this is true, but still, her assignments must be deeper & more insightful than the thoughts she shows on camera. otherwise she'd be getting low to mid 2:1s at best.

Reactions: 8
Ruby's announced a third book of the month in her book club - 'Such A Fun Age'. I have to say that it's a great choice and unlike the stuff she usually reads. Hopefully it will open her eyes somewhat...
I’m interested to know what she thinks about it! I read it last year and it’s definitely not something I’d ever see her picking up. It’s a great book for her to really put herself in others shoes for once and see how people from a different race experience life, something I think she could benefit from

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.