Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
She won't even include her former school on her LinkedIn profile for privacy and she leaves comments like these up?
She bloody blocks me off the story for no reason whatsoever, but allows this predator on her profile, wtf! this aint fair man hahahahahaa

• Haha
Reactions: 20

buflesse

Chatty Member

I watched Ruby's bookshelf tour for the first time and I was struck by how many children's books she had on there (she said this was a shelf of her 'favourite books') and how many books that she admitted she hadn't even read, they just look pretty.

I find it hilarious that The Austere Academy is her favourite A Series of Unfortunate Events book. Ruby just loves a boarding school book, even if the boarding school is third rate and sinister 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha

ECH

VIP Member
They'd probably be established middle class on the great British class calculator. It's not a great measure of class though in general. Martha is such a classic example of middle class rebellion though 😂😂
Martha's literally a cliche. It's always the ones who've had a decent and supportive upbringing who feel the need to go that far into being edgy.

xoxoxo13

VIP Member
She gave a book a one star rating in goodreads! And said it felt too young for her!
Say, Roobee, how busy are you if you have time to keep up with everything that's said on here?

• Haha

EllaEm87

VIP Member
I don't think it's a gender identity issue as much as it is a general identity issue tbf. She seems like someone who's never really been able to figure out who she is, and she's at an age where most of us are finding that stuff out. Clearly her parents encourage her to be a little childish, and she has some unresolved food &/or body image issues that influence the way she presents herself. I really hope she gets the help she needs and starts to become more independent and confident!
This. I really don’t think we need to stretch to conspiracy theories or assign issues that aren’t there. I think it’s just a general identity and body image issue.

That said it always makes me uncomfortable when people speculate on gender issues and EDs on these forums. It’s like some people are obsessed that everyone must have some kind of ED or deep routed issue speculating based off highly edited snippets of people’s lives. Sometimes I gotta roll my eyes and think is it really any of our business if they are? Does it make their content and taking money for questionable ads any less problematic?

Reactions: 19

CalatheaLater

Chatty Member
Martha will look back on this stage in her life 5-10 years from now and be so embarrassed.

not sure whether this is hilarious or just extremely cringe though
Honestly every time a Martha video is posted here I feel like I become more of a fan. I know it's proper cringe to ask your mum what her favourite sex position is, but honestly good on Martha for feeling comfortable enough to ask! Also at the end of the video it's so jarring how fake posh Ruby's accent really is, compared to the rest of the family

• Heart
I think that was part of her Hermione Granger phase - as Hermione’s parents are dentists Ruby seemed to make lots of references to toothbrushing and dental care, because ‘that’s how to be like Hermione’.
I may be showing my younger self's HP obsession here but I don't remember Hermione ever actually being into dental care as a trait. I remember her sending "healthy" sweets to Harry over the summer in the books because that was all her parents had but in the 4th(?) book she complained about her braces as her parents "didn't believe in magical dentistry" and later admitted getting Madam Pomfrey to shrink her teeth down and fix them magically instead after Malfoy hit her with a hex that made her teeth grow. I swear those were the only real references to Hermione and teeth (apart from her being described as having large front teeth) in the books. Just because your parents are like something doesn't you are - Ruby should just look at her sister for that lol. Maybe just shows yet another instance of Ruby interpreting the character of Hermione superficially?

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
What does she mean by "(including classics)"? Are they not books? Why specifically state that? 😂

I'm also absolutely annoyed by how people comments section are comparing how much they've read to how much she read in a month. It's not a competition, it's not about quantity, it's not a tell-all about how productive you are. You wouldn't be comparing how many movies, tv shows or games you've played, have you? I really think this is such a toxic attitude... Not blaming Ruby for it here, it clearly is something that comes from people who are more prone to, as I've said, compare themselves to Ruby, but still.

Another nitpick of mine: why so many children's books? Not that there's anything wrong with them per se, but damn, you wanted to get more involved with the Holocaust topic, maybe you could've gone a bit further and do some WW2 reading as well?

Nevertheless, it'd be a good idea if she kept doing these videos on a monthly basis. I think they work better than a single video at the end of the year.
Ruby is encouraging this attitude by prioritizing quantity over quality. Half of the quota is made up of short books, poetry, children's books and rereads.
Also her audience is mostly made up of young kids. Like if you're 12, reading The Secret Garden might sound perfectly reasonable to you, because you are the target reader for that book, and it might not be obvious that for 20-year-old Ruby it's a very easy read that would probably take her like an afternoon to finish.

Last edited:

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
I don't have an Instagram, is it actually that bad?
Ruby should be more mature than her 12 year old fans tbh like they are kids but she should know better
They’re not being overly rude, it’s more the fact theres like 20 of them accusing one girl of being over sensitive etc when all she’s said is pretending to be working class when you’re rich is a bit insensitive.
Idk I feel like it depends how she does this routine for me, if she makes it educational and sticks to facts, I don’t care. If she does all that cringe acting and tries to romanticize it, shes getting roasted.
I think this will be an interesting test of how emotionally intelligent Ruby is, she’s clearly seen that comment and also reads here so she knows how that type of video could be problematic. I’m curious as to whether she takes these views into account, or whether she just forges ahead and does something insensitive

CatCafe234

VIP Member
I was scrolling through her insta posts because I felt like some of the outfits she was wearing were things she wore when she started youtube. But then I came across this post. "Who else likes brushing thier teeth?" LmfaoView attachment 428739
I think that was part of her Hermione Granger phase - as Hermione’s parents are dentists Ruby seemed to make lots of references to toothbrushing and dental care, because ‘that’s how to be like Hermione’.

n8459

Chatty Member
I have subscribed to a fashion newsletter and they advertised this homewear and tell me, why can I see Roobee wearing this?
View attachment 430540
That looks like the type of thing I’d wear when I wasn’t planning to leave my flat, and was spending a day with my book and a bag of Percy Pigs

However, I can see Ruby pairing it with white tights and a boater, and frolicking in a field with it on

• Haha

carmex03

I've never actually studied abroad myself (not for a prolonged period of time like a semester anyway) but I know a lot of foreign students on Erasmus at my uni and I agree that the socializing and "experience" part in general is emphasized over studying. Which makes sense, I mean, if you wanted to only study and focus on that there wouldn't really be a reason to go abroad? Like, I can study at home too, if I'm doing a semester abroad it's because I want to experience the country I'm staying in and socializing with people.
Slightly o/t but this is a big part of why the Minerva school Jade goes to rubs me the wrong way. The students just get transplanted in random cities and take their courses online, instead of actually studying at a school in the new country or having to interact with students there. They seem to only hang out with other Minerva people, and step out only for shopping and tourism. It's basically study abroad without any of the actual work needed to acclimate to a new society.

Ngl she seems like the kinda person to constantly use hand sanitiser because they're worried about covid but then rarely actually wash their hands with actual soap and water... Like using hand sanitiser when you're out and about is fine but if you have access to a sink just wash your fucking hands...dirty fingernails are the worst 🤢

• Sick

figgypud

Chatty Member
She's so arrogant even when she's disappointed in herself. 'I understood this material inside out.' The whole thing about 'taking a chance' and basically not doing what was asked of her. I think she thinks it makes herself look good that she's somehow working on a level above everyone else and doesn't follow the instructions.
I saw a lot of people on the first year of my uni course trying to stand out and be original by "taking chances" on essays and they were all pretty privileged people who expected it to pay off by dint of them being special and naturally talented and I definitely see that in Ruby too.

tsuyu

Chatty Member
Can we please talk about her wall with the collage of children's pictures? Does anyone else find it weird/concerning that she has a clear obsession with prepubescent children and young teens? I mentioned this before, but in her 10,000 words in a day video, she had this picture of a young Mackenzie Foy just sitting on her desk. Idk, as an adult, I wouldn't put pictures of children who I am not related to on my wall. I also mentioned this in another post, but this would be a huge red flag if an adult man were to have this for "aesthetic" purposes. Something about it rubs me the wrong way View attachment 414123View attachment 414108
I find it super weird too. It’s like she doesn’t identify as being an adult if her inspiration/aesthetic is images children from whatever style she’s interested in. I dunno about anyone else but as I’ve gotten older of I’ve wanted to look up outfit inspo for example I try to find images of people my age? I wouldn’t even consider looking at images of people significantly younger than me let alone children.

But that plays into what others have said about her wanting to embody a starving Victorian child. If I were her parents I’d have a word with her, all the signs are there that somethings not quite right idk

buflesse

Chatty Member
It's so frustrating that she seems to have such a basic understanding of Jane Eyre. The whole point is that Jane's reunion with Rochester IS a radical act, because she now has financial independence and self respect and has found a family (the Rivers). He has been 'punished' for his crimes by being blinded and essentially losing everything. Now they can unite as equals. Obviously the novel can be seen as problematic in light of modern theories of postcolonialism etc, but it's not as if Jane Eyre is meant to be a 'girl power' 21st century feminist Cinderella story. The ending very clearly fits with the novel as a whole.

• Heart