Ruby Granger #45 "Um" -- Ruby Granger, 2023

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dress makes her look much more chubbier than she actually is, really unflattering, she is a very thin girl but looks so different in that dress

Reactions: 5
Dress makes her look much more chubbier than she actually is, really unflattering, she is a very thin girl but looks so different in that dress
She frequently uses an elongating filter when it’s just her in the picture, this is probably closer to how she really looks.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
For gods sake she looks ridiculous. There’s plenty of ways to dress modestly without looking like a fool. A thin white tshirt or vest top under that dress and some low denier tights if she insists that she needs them.

Reactions: 9
I miss cheesy fringe Ruby. She seemed so much happier back then. As many here have been saying for a long time, most of her content is just so miserable these days. I know it’s hard not to project my own experience of ageing/change onto Ruby, but watching her lose her enthusiasm and appear more anxious and stuck than her peers as she ages is too relatable 😬. I’m older and not privileged like her though, so I feel like she has time and far more resources to turn things around mental health wise. I really hope she does someday, because I’m sure she’s realising how quickly time flies now and the older we get the more deep rooted all these issues become. I feel like so much would change for her mentally too if she gave her brain some proper nutrition 😅

Reactions: 19
For gods sake she looks ridiculous. There’s plenty of ways to dress modestly without looking like a fool. A thin white tshirt or vest top under that dress and some low denier tights if she insists that she needs them.
Or just wear another dress? That one clearly does not lend itself for being worn with stuff underneath.

Reactions: 16
I miss cheesy fringe Ruby. She seemed so much happier back then. As many here have been saying for a long time, most of her content is just so miserable these days. I know it’s hard not to project my own experience of ageing/change onto Ruby, but watching her lose her enthusiasm and appear more anxious and stuck than her peers as she ages is too relatable 😬. I’m older and not privileged like her though, so I feel like she has time and far more resources to turn things around mental health wise. I really hope she does someday, because I’m sure she’s realising how quickly time flies now and the older we get the more deep rooted all these issues become. I feel like so much would change for her mentally too if she gave her brain some proper nutrition 😅
I think the word for her whole existence is "waste". She wastes money, ressources, relationships, opportunities and time constantly and isn't even happy with her life.

Reactions: 7
In my language, we call that colour goose turd. :D It looks horrible.
Hungarian? :')

I think the word for her whole existence is "waste". She wastes money, ressources, relationships, opportunities and time constantly and isn't even happy with her life.
I think for ages growing up she was told she was something and maybe even saw Martha told off for not being that ideal, and avoiding all those comments she ended up building up a persona that is everything but not her if that makes even sense. Sad, really :/

I think for ages growing up she was told she was something and maybe even saw Martha told off for not being that ideal, and avoiding all those comments she ended up building up a persona that is everything but not her if that makes even sense. Sad, really :/
French I'd say, it's "caca d'oie" for us.

Also, it's a possibility but that doesn't explain why she didn't tried to learn how to milk this side properly, she doesn't do anything fully, it's always rushed. Building a persona isn't already that good but when you can't keep with it, it sounds even more ridiculous.

Reactions: 5

Haha, yes 😁

I guess she’s busy panicking over her diss, and it’s going to be a disappointment anyway, but I’m still going to ask - when are we getting a new video?

Also, is she ever going to actually talk about her dissertation topic? You’d think she’d be on fire for her topic and wanting to talk about it, like most grad students are who share their academic journey online. Blurring for semi-OT I attended a doctoral dissertation defense this week. It was in the field of ethnomusicology/musical composition, and the now-doctor had been doing field research on some very obscure indigenous music for twenty years. It was surprisingly emotional, because there was just so much passion and humanity and dedication involved, and they were clearly not doing it just to have an academic degree. Roobee doesn’t have even 5% of the spark I saw.

Reactions: 23
I doubt she’ll talk about her topic, especially if she’s thinking about a PhD. Ruby reminds me of those people in school who would wrap their arms around their work so no-one could copy them - which is amusing when someone’s nine (or TWALVE) but weird in someone who’s mid-twenties and hoping for an academic career …

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I doubt she’ll talk about her topic, especially if she’s thinking about a PhD. Ruby reminds me of those people in school who would wrap their arms around their work so no-one could copy them - which is amusing when someone’s nine (or TWALVE) but weird in someone who’s mid-twenties and hoping for an academic career …
It’s just laughable. If you have a genuine interest in what you’re doing and a genuinely original angle, you’re not going to worry about someone copying your topic. Her idea of academia is that it’s just like school, only with higher stakes.

Reactions: 24
Apparently Dakota Warren is writing a book. So that's Jack Edwards, Dakota and Ruby all working on their 🌟debut novels ✨ at the same time. Place your bets, who'll be published first?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Apparently Dakota Warren is writing a book. So that's Jack Edwards, Dakota and Ruby all working on their 🌟debut novels ✨ at the same time. Place your bets, who'll be published first?
I had better get my preorders in for those! Rambling "poetry" that tries to be quirky but falls woefully short, regression into childhood with a sprinkle of bullying because "I'm not like other girls, I'm smart! Everyone hates me!", and whatever drivel Jack will be writing... surely worth the read. I can't wait!

In seriousness though, I still can't understand Ruby seeming to prioritise this "daybeu" novel over her dissertation. Is she really stumbling through it that badly? I guess so. Not the best look for Miss "acadaymia". I wonder when she'll post or when a sponsor will pay for a new video.

It's absolutely ridiculous and just not how academia works at all. It's always a conversation of sorts, where you refer to and build up on the work of others, carrying the research forwards and adding your own thoughts, which then gets quoted and taken further by future researchers. You never work in a vacuum.

Reactions: 11