Ruby Granger #45 "Um" -- Ruby Granger, 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay, so there's a to-do list widget. Rumbster says she doesn't tend to use it because her to-do list is "mainly on Notion" lolol what about your dream planner??? that you say you use EVERY SINGLE DAY and can't live without??? the one you DESIGNED to meet your EVERY NEED??? can't do a single video without putting her foot in her mouth. How does it never occur to her smh

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The fact she doesn’t even have the most up to date version of her own planner on her iPad… surely that would have taken a minute to download before filming this video 😂

And the obvious lie that she’s just “forgotten” about ChatGPT. Also it’s so unclear has previously been sponsored in this video.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
The fact she doesn’t even have the most up to date version of her own planner on her iPad… surely that would have taken a minute to download before filming this video 😂

And the obvious lie that she’s just “forgotten” about ChatGPT. Also it’s so unclear has previously been sponsored in this video.
Not only that, but that her own planner isn't even have a short cut on the screen. She needs to open an app, then open a file, then open another file to access it.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I always get the impression that she isn't able to settle down in one place anymore, like she did when she was a kid, and concentrate on studying for a long period of time. She is too worried about taking pictures, getting selfies, moving around from library to cafe, back to library, too concerned about social media content. She never seemed to have settled well in her room at Oxford for long. I think the days of devoted concentration left her years ago, especially as the work material became more intellectually challenging and dense. In a nutshell, she is not the amazing student she always defined herself as, and it is showing. She probably spends far too much time gazing out the window, checking her iPhone, looking up answers on the internet and finding ways to get an easy information for her thesis. Then she goes off and add more depressing pictures to her Pinterest account.
It's the varnish cracking like never before. At this point, people should realise that she was lying all the time when the pretended to like this extreme study life and kept saying that spending time on social medias was bad. She's addicted to social medias, it's the place she can shine easily just by fooling idiots seeking for a rolemodel they could find IRL if they weren't with a smartphone in the hand every five minute.
---
I love how her pretentiousness *almost* passes for something genuine, but then you’re hit with ”Nabakov” and realise it’s probably just another Goodreads quote she saw and decided to run with because it fits whatever flimsy narrative she’s trying to build.

Let’s all take a moment to reflackt on Roobee’s 8 months’ worth of lift selfies and running from coffee shop to loibry to coffee shop and how that apparently counts as stoddying for her, and shed a tear or two of premonitory loss.

View attachment 2957045
Except for the disgusting nail polish, she could almost look like a normal 13 years old from any vintage ghost story on this picture.

Reactions: 3
Whoever edited this latest video didn’t edit out rubys personal email.

noticed two contradictions…Ruby saying it’s best to use a case on your iPad if you’re using it in tablet form but showed her using it without a case throughout the video. Also when she put the whole thing in her bag she said it’s very lightweight but near the end she said it’s quite heavy??

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
We are speculating now, what she is doing after her Masters: And there is an opportunity that she can do both:
Studying/ staying in academia AND living in her childhood bedroom: 😜a course via distance learning ...

• Wow
Reactions: 8
"RWOARY GILMWOAR becoss oiy really got intyo GILMWOAR GAHRLS this yahhhr."

She's been claiming she "rilly got intyoo Gilmwoarr Gaaaahrlllls this yeaaahhr" for 3 years running and yet still hasn't watched past the first episode.

"Moiy OIYPAD has NAVVER PLAYED OP ON MEEE."

Untitled6786786 - Copy.png

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Nothing says ”varry organised person who JANUINELY has their tit together and sticks to a routine” like Roobee’s clock app. So many questions. Does she roll a D20 every night to decide what time she’s going to get up? Does she activate all of them, just to be able to say she NAVVER snoozes her alarm? Am I abnormal for only having three alarms (one for weekdays, one for weekends, and one that’s not on repeat that I can set when needed)?
IMG_2900.jpeg

Time in general is meaningless. Is it April? Is it January? Is it whenever bluebells were around last year when she was working on her nature lapbook? Roobee cares not for these earthly matters!

IMG_2899.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 20
We are speculating now, what she is doing after her Masters: And there is an opportunity that she can do both:
Studying/ staying in academia AND living in her childhood bedroom: 😜a course via distance learning ...
In Japanese there is a term 箱入り娘 which means "pet daughter" or a daughter that led a sheltered life. No wild experiences, always close to her parents, well mannered, and polite. Such daughters usually stay around the house after finishing school to "help around the house" but in reality they are kept under their parents care and supervision. I see such a future for Ruby with her constant visits to her family home and her inability to live her life on her own.

Reactions: 23

She's been claiming she "rilly got intyoo Gilmwoarr Gaaaahrlllls this yeaaahhr" for 3 years running and yet still hasn't watched past the first episode.

View attachment 2967451
Ruby each time someones noticed something wrong: "That's weird!"+ passive agressive reply or more lies.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Ruby each time someones noticed something wrong: "That's weird!"+ passive agressive reply or more lies.
''That's so strange! I actually wrote a different time on my wall calendar, but MaYBE YoUR EYES DoN'T wOrK as WeLL As MINE DYOO.''

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Nothing says ”varry organised person who JANUINELY has their tit together and sticks to a routine” like Roobee’s clock app. So many questions. Does she roll a D20 every night to decide what time she’s going to get up? Does she activate all of them, just to be able to say she NAVVER snoozes her alarm? Am I abnormal for only having three alarms (one for weekdays, one for weekends, and one that’s not on repeat that I can set when needed)?
View attachment 2967450

Time in general is meaningless. Is it April? Is it January? Is it whenever bluebells were around last year when she was working on her nature lapbook? Roobee cares not for these earthly matters!

View attachment 2967455
My clock app looks like this too (but worse, with many more alarms at random times with cryptic labels) because I set alarms for different purposes and then never delete them so they tend to accumulate BUT I have adhd and definitely don’t claim to be organised 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 17
My clock app looks like this too (but worse, with many more alarms at random times with cryptic labels) because I set alarms for different purposes and then never delete them so they tend to accumulate BUT I have adhd and definitely don’t claim to be organised 🤣
My alarm is set for 7:29 on weekdays and 7:30 on the weekends 😂 I live to snooze though, I set both of these semi-randomly at different times and haven’t bothered to disable or really think about them since waking up at some point in the morning is the main objective. So I may be slightly more minimalist but definitely not any more organised than you 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Just jumping in to say, thanks to lurking on here for so long I have no idea how to pronounce academia anymore. Tried to say, ‘They would suit a job in academia.’ at work last week and my brain was screaming “ACA-DAY-MEE-A, ACA-DAY-MEE-A, DARK MACA-DAY-MEE-A” I even read it in my head as ‘aca-day-mee-a’. Pronouncing it ‘aca-Dee-mee-a’ just sounds wrong now. I ended up having to say, ‘They would suit a job doing something academic.’

I only have 2 alarms, 1: Weekdays, 2: Saturdays. I delete the random ones.

And I still read whilst brushing my teeth

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I watched her whole iPad video just now but I can't for the life of me remember anything she said

I only have ONE alarm on my phone, but I get up at a different time every day so I change the alarm every day before I go to bed

Reactions: 4
My alarm is set for 7:29 on weekdays and 7:30 on the weekends 😂 I live to snooze though, I set both of these semi-randomly at different times and haven’t bothered to disable or really think about them since waking up at some point in the morning is the main objective. So I may be slightly more minimalist but definitely not any more organised than you 😅
OMG I feel that! My superpower is to set the alarmclock an hour before I have to leave the house, then not get up until I really need to, to rush through a quick shower and leave the house running I order to get my train to work/uni 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
OMG I feel that! My superpower is to set the alarmclock an hour before I have to leave the house, then not get up until I really need to, to rush through a quick shower and leave the house running I order to get my train to work/uni 🤣🤣🤣
My issue is that I know I can leave the house in 30 minutes. So my brain just refuses to wake up before I actually need to. I have to leave the house at 7, if I put my alarm any earlier than 6:30, my half-asleep morning brain will just automatically snooze. Sometimes it would actually be nice to have a nice breakfast, do my makeup and do my hair before work...but my brain just refuses lol.

Reactions: 6
My issue is that I know I can leave the house in 30 minutes. So my brain just refuses to wake up before I actually need to. I have to leave the house at 7, if I put my alarm any earlier than 6:30, my half-asleep morning brain will just automatically snooze. Sometimes it would actually be nice to have a nice breakfast, do my makeup and do my hair before work...but my brain just refuses lol.
Same here. I can get up, have a shower, get dressed and leave the house in 30 mins. I just have breakfast nd a cup of tea at work. I work for the uni I study at,so uni and work are the same place and I've become the student that's well known for taking a cup of tea to her lecture. I'd love to be the person who goes running and has a full breakfast before work, but that's just not me.🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I time block in all my tasks so I have a shitton of alarms for any time of the day. I delete none. I only change the labels so I know which one starts what step.
It helps me keep my working memory free to concentrate on whatever task I'm doing at the moment and I never have to think about time or look at the clock so I'm stressed less.

My wake up alarm is my fitness band vibrating so I don't disturb other people and I'm never accidentally snoozing that one so that's a double win.

Reactions: 2

View attachment 2967451
That's such a weird thing to lie about oh my lord. That's like, compulsive liar type behaviour.

Would any really look down upon you if you said: yes, I reused some footage for this video. Yes, it was filmed across different days.

When people are this blatant about it, you have to wonder what they're getting away with under the radar.
---
Same here. I can get up, have a shower, get dressed and leave the house in 30 mins. I just have breakfast nd a cup of tea at work. I work for the uni I study at,so uni and work are the same place and I've become the student that's well known for taking a cup of tea to her lecture. I'd love to be the person who goes running and has a full breakfast before work, but that's just not me.🤷‍♀️
Same. I find if I leave too much time in my morning, I actually end up being late because I lose momentum wasting time.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.