Ruby Granger #45 "Um" -- Ruby Granger, 2023

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do feel that Ruby is so secretive as she wants to be the first person to do a certain subject or come to a conclusion. She has to be the best or the only person to do that. She is very much the school girl covering her work with her arms to stop people glancing at her jotter.
It makes me think of the time when she seemed really put off in Exeter when someone either asked a question she wanted to ask or did a piece of work that she wanted to do for a class.

She would honestly do wonders for her audience if she spoke about her academic work and what she is researching even if it's even mentioning her dissertation. She has made her time in Oxford look like a set for her to film in. She is so secretive even for her undergraduate dissertation and we only know it's to do with Lewis Carroll's letters and nothing else.
It was the same with her refusing to speak about her love for Emily Dickinson when someone else asked her about it. I think ruby said something along the lines of wanting to keep those thoughts to herself as Emily Dickinson ment so much to her.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I had better get my preorders in for those! Rambling "poetry" that tries to be quirky but falls woefully short, regression into childhood with a sprinkle of bullying because "I'm not like other girls, I'm smart! Everyone hates me!", and whatever drivel Jack will be writing... surely worth the read. I can't wait!

In seriousness though, I still can't understand Ruby seeming to prioritise this "daybeu" novel over her dissertation. Is she really stumbling through it that badly? I guess so. Not the best look for Miss "acadaymia". I wonder when she'll post or when a sponsor will pay for a new video.
She prioritise her novel because she knows she risks to fail this time. Eh, she never was so threatened in her teacher's pet/star student role before, she finally realized she wasn't the chosen one. That should hurt after a life trying to be Hermione.

Reactions: 3
I would love to hear about her dissertation and the research she's doing! Might actually make me watch one of her videos. It doesn't even have to be directly whats on the dissertation if she's worried about... something(?). Hearing people talk about their research is great, when someone is so passionate and knowledgeable about their particular topic

Reactions: 10
I would love to hear about her dissertation and the research she's doing! Might actually make me watch one of her videos. It doesn't even have to be directly whats on the dissertation if she's worried about... something(?). Hearing people talk about their research is great, when someone is so passionate and knowledgeable about their particular topic
The fact that she’s not talking about it is what’s making me (and probably many others) think that she’s NOT passionate or particularly knowledgeable about her topic.

Reactions: 19
The fact that she’s not talking about it is what’s making me (and probably many others) think that she’s NOT passionate or particularly knowledgeable about her topic.
I agree with you entirely the fact she isn't talking about her dissertation or has not talked about any of the her modules in detail just confirms that she is not passionate about the course and that she doesn't have any knowledge about the period in which she studying. She would have been better off choosing a Masters in one of the other time periods instead preferably the 1830-1914 Masters or the 1900-present day Masters.

Reactions: 7
I would love this! Is there anyone one YouTube who does this and anyone can recommend? Not necessarily dissertation related. I found Dr Jean Menzies to be close, I love hearing about the research for her book

Reactions: 2
I guess she’s busy panicking over her diss, and it’s going to be a disappointment anyway, but I’m still going to ask - when are we getting a new video?
On the first video that she did for Trinity Term she said that she hoping to upload regularly during this term, but that clearly hasn't gone according to plan as we are back to her not posting any videos again and when she has uploaded videos they were filmed a month or 2 months ago as the morning routine video was filmed on the 29th of April, yet she didn't upload it until the 23rd of May whilst the iPad video was filmed on the 2nd of April yet she didn't upload this until the 30th of May. I get that she's probably panicking over her dissertation but surely she's still got the time to film a new video as it's the only thing that she has got left to do at Uni so I honestly don't understand why she hasn't uploaded anything.

I didn't realise that she posted on Instagram this morning that she is trying to stay off social media at the moment because of universtiy but that she will start posting again soon. To me that's a massive sign that her dissertation isn't going well as she probably doesn't have a clue about the topic that she is researching and writing about plus I reckon she is panicking about getting it done on time.

Last edited:
I do feel that Ruby is so secretive as she wants to be the first person to do a certain subject or come to a conclusion. She has to be the best or the only person to do that. She is very much the school girl covering her work with her arms to stop people glancing at her jotter.
It makes me think of the time when she seemed really put off in Exeter when someone either asked a question she wanted to ask or did a piece of work that she wanted to do for a class.

She would honestly do wonders for her audience if she spoke about her academic work and what she is researching even if it's even mentioning her dissertation. She has made her time in Oxford look like a set for her to film in. She is so secretive even for her undergraduate dissertation and we only know it's to do with Lewis Carroll's letters and nothing else.
It was the same with her refusing to speak about her love for Emily Dickinson when someone else asked her about it. I think ruby said something along the lines of wanting to keep those thoughts to herself as Emily Dickinson ment so much to her.
For someone who cobbles together and plagiarizes other scholars' ideas that sure is funny. Or maybe she thinks that's standard practice and needs to "protect" "her" ideas.

Reactions: 8
For someone who cobbles together and plagiarizes other scholars' ideas that sure is funny. Or maybe she thinks that's standard practice and needs to "protect" "her" ideas.
Exactly, and let's not forget her constantly using Blakeney for resources/notes/ideas throughout her time at Exeter...

Reactions: 5
On instagram, Jade claimed that this happened '5 mins before' the formal dinner
1000068035.jpg

Yet here she is wearing a totally different dress:
1000068032.jpg

It looks like it might have been the PR manager's dress? In which case, what was she wearing? How quick did this change of clothes happen? Sounds like the story has been exaggerated for effect.

Reactions: 11
I would love this! Is there anyone one YouTube who does this and anyone can recommend? Not necessarily dissertation related. I found Dr Jean Menzies to be close, I love hearing about the research for her book
I recommend TheRedheadAcademic (Kaelyn Grace Apple) and especially GlutenbergBible on YouTube!

Reactions: 5
View attachment 2986181
View attachment 2986183
It looks like it might have been the PR manager's dress? In which case, what was she wearing? How quick did this change of clothes happen? Sounds like the story has been exaggerated for effect.
It’s interesting because she said on her stories at the time that Ruby saved the day with the black dress however it’s not Ruby’s style (I don’t think she’d wear straps) and they are very different heights so I’m not sure what went on!

It’s interesting because she said on her stories at the time that Ruby saved the day with the black dress however it’s not Ruby’s style (I don’t think she’d wear straps) and they are very different heights so I’m not sure what went on!
Yes, looking closer it's not the PR manager's dress. My theory is that either Jade always planned to change clothes for dinner (most likely) and the story is just made up for dramatic effect, or she bought a dress in Oxford.

View attachment 2986181
View attachment 2986183
Either she planned to change, either she would go with awful sport shoes like shown in the video. She def planned to change, and they used that as an excuse to make themselves more relatable.

I wonder if she'll even get her Master's degree, assuming she is struggling with the diss. If she doesn't, will she

a) Lie and say she did, then brush it under the rug and never mention Oxford again?
b) Release a 30 min long video explaining why "failure is productive"?
c) Drop off the face off the Internet?

Reactions: 3
To be honest, I know very few people who were happy to talk about their thesis while they were finishing it. We were happy with our topics and our work, but prepare to present any part of it whilst finishing so many bits and pieces… no way. And with a lot of her followers being quite young, I could see them not be the ideal audience for just that. In the past, soooo many comments complained about things like her using secondary literature rather than produce GCSE-style poetry analysis… that’s funny any other time, but not unusual to not want to deal with during this particular time.

This being said, I do hope she’ll talk about her degree more at a later time. Oxford partly lives off of the mystery and I think a lot of Oxford students are into it. But it could also make it seem more accessible to others, maybe make a little more transparent what a somewhat obscure-sounding degree actually looks like.

Reactions: 8
View attachment 2986181
View attachment 2986183
What the duck did she do to that dress? Did someone have explosive diarrhea on it? How do you duck up a dress so bad?

• Haha