Ruby Granger #45 "Um" -- Ruby Granger, 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm more surprised that she hasn't already packed up her accommodation and completely moved out.
I imagine it is only for 2 reasons. One, to keep her foothold in Oxford for as long as she can, since she probably won't be returning. Two, because she is still writing her dissertation and needs access to materials she can't take out and bring home. Other than that, the minute she can, she will be back at home, crammed in her tiny bedroom, dreaming of being an author and wondering who and what she really is.

Reactions: 12
What I never understood was why she didn't do a 'study with me' at all at Oxford. I remember she used to always do those videos where she props up the camera for an extended amount of time and would get tons of views just by posting them. I don't get why she wouldn't just sit there and prop the camera up and study (or at least pretend to). It's literally the easiest, most low-effort content possible.

Reactions: 33
What I never understood was why she didn't do a 'study with me' at all at Oxford. I remember she used to always do those videos where she props up the camera for an extended amount of time and would get tons of views just by posting them. I don't get why she wouldn't just sit there and prop the camera up and study (or at least pretend to). It's literally the easiest, most low-effort content possible.
I always get the impression that she isn't able to settle down in one place anymore, like she did when she was a kid, and concentrate on studying for a long period of time. She is too worried about taking pictures, getting selfies, moving around from library to cafe, back to library, too concerned about social media content. She never seemed to have settled well in her room at Oxford for long. I think the days of devoted concentration left her years ago, especially as the work material became more intellectually challenging and dense. In a nutshell, she is not the amazing student she always defined herself as, and it is showing. She probably spends far too much time gazing out the window, checking her iPhone, looking up answers on the internet and finding ways to get an easy information for her thesis. Then she goes off and add more depressing pictures to her Pinterest account.

Reactions: 22
I enjoyed seeing how she organised her work because I’m nosy like that but that dropped off very quickly in the first term. I think she is under contract to deliver sponsored videos and so that’s what she is putting out and nothing else. It’s a real shame and points towards her struggling with her course or life generally.

Reactions: 20
I imagine it is only for 2 reasons. One, to keep her foothold in Oxford for as long as she can, since she probably won't be returning. Two, because she is still writing her dissertation and needs access to materials she can't take out and bring home. Other than that, the minute she can, she will be back at home, crammed in her tiny bedroom, dreaming of being an author and wondering who and what she really is.
The Oxford room is little more than a set for her. She's only ever there to film videos and she can still milk it a bit longer.

Reactions: 7
Has she got chocolate or something next to her lips or is that a spot? (In her most recent video)

Also what’s with the three ‘freckles’ on her eyelid 🤣

Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 5.55.02 PM.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Another useless video. Most people know how to use their iPads by now. Thanks, anyhow, but skipped out about 2 minutes in. On TikTok she did a what's in my bag (school bag). 24 years old and this is the best content she can come up with. The stuff you see 9 year old kids doing. She is absolutely screwed up.

Reactions: 21
I don't remember anyone requesting a video on whether you should buy an iPad as a student.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
She filmed the video almost two months ago, my theory is she was waiting for a suitable sponsor to come through but as that didn’t happen, she was forced to just shill her own stuff (undeclared, of course).

• Wow
She filmed the video almost two months ago, my theory is she was waiting for a suitable sponsor to come through but as that didn’t happen, she was forced to just shill her own stuff (undeclared, of course).
What's with her uploading videos that have been filmed ages ago? The video from last week was filmed last month and now this one was filmed almost 2 months ago. The thing is with today's video is that I don't remember anyone requesting for it I know people have been asking her for a uni room tour but not an iPad video.

Reactions: 1
Is it me or is the frame rate off in the clips of her? Not so much the other footage but the ones with her sitting at her desk

Reactions: 4
yep, what's with the weird slow motion thing ahah

Also, I'm convinced she takes joy in making people feel queasy.

Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 20.42.40.png

Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 20.52.21.png

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Is it me or is the frame rate off in the clips of her? Not so much the other footage but the ones with her sitting at her desk
Yup, the whole video is screwed in about six different ways.

90% of the video is old B-roll footage pulled from other videos. She tried to adjust the speed of existing clips to stretch for time or to spice it up a bit and try to dazzle us with style and some frame-rate speed-ramping:

But you can't just adjust the speed of existing time-lapse footage or fixed frame rate footage like that without it looking completely fucked. It needs to be shot at a high frame rate otherwise there's nothing to fill in the blanks when you slow it down and it looks stuttery, glitchy and awful.

For the desk sit-down footage, it looks like she also dumped in footage that didn't match the overall frame rate of the exported video, so there's skipped frames and it all looks juddery.

I get the sneaking suspicion that Martha edited this. It's just as incompetent as Ruby's usual abysmal editing but in a distinctly different way. Whoever did it, there's no excuse for Ruby never giving any slapdash shitshow of a video a second glance and just uploading it without hesitation.

Reactions: 14
Very much feels like she was waiting to get a sponsor for this video, I was expecting a Nord VPN one to come up with how Ruby uses her iPad in public. A undisclosed adverts from things that she's advertised in the past, Casetify and Notion as well, and also the ReMarkable product which she was gifted. Backmarket as well. I feel that she was waiting for a sponsor from Castify or motion with the amount of focus she had on them during the video.

Reactions: 13
I think the days of the Notion sponsorships are over for her. The company is doing too well now (people I know in real life + myself use it often) so I feel as if they are reducing the begging with influencers to a minimum. Like others above me said though I believe she was waiting for a sponsor for this video, but I also believe that she needed to get something out and shat this out from the bowels of her hard drive.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She didn’t think to wipe the food off her face before filming or is she regressing back to being a toddler now

• Haha
Reactions: 2
yep, what's with the weird slow motion thing ahah

Also, I'm convinced she takes joy in making people feel queasy.

View attachment 2965427
View attachment 2965432
Call me overdramatic, but I actually gasped at that screenshot. It looks terrible. Why doesn't she just remove the polish rather than leaving it to peel off gradually?

I'll never understand why Ruby makes an effort with certain things only to neglect others. She'll film herself using moisturiser and that weird jade roller, then brushes her hair so aggressively it comes out. She cares enough to do OOTDs but doesn't iron her clothes or check for food stains. Makes no sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
That would require Ruby to actually study and be interested in her course. We've already called her out several times for copying down things and claiming that she's studying and I highly suspect that Ruby reads her tattle threads.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Yup, the whole video is screwed in about six different ways.

90% of the video is old B-roll footage pulled from other videos. She tried to adjust the speed of existing clips to stretch for time or to spice it up a bit and try to dazzle us with style and some frame-rate speed-ramping:

But you can't just adjust the speed of existing time-lapse footage or fixed frame rate footage like that without it looking completely fucked. It needs to be shot at a high frame rate otherwise there's nothing to fill in the blanks when you slow it down and it looks stuttery, glitchy and awful.

For the desk sit-down footage, it looks like she also dumped in footage that didn't match the overall frame rate of the exported video, so there's skipped frames and it all looks juddery.

I get the sneaking suspicion that Martha edited this. It's just as incompetent as Ruby's usual abysmal editing but in a distinctly different way. Whoever did it, there's no excuse for Ruby never giving any slapdash shitshow of a video a second glance and just uploading it without hesitation.
this makes a lot of sense, I thought it might have just been me going giddy again 😂 this, her Paris vlog, it's definitely dizzying!!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.