Ruby Granger #44 To be or not to be pretentious, that is the subjective question.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sorry but throughout this video it was so noticeable to see just how unhappy she was as she looked lost and uncomfortable especially when she was at the Bodleian library because even though she has been in several times before she looked very nervous and stressed out and was also visibly shaking. One thing is for sure it is very obvious in this video that she is struggling massively as she looked really tired and down and didn't seem to be as engaged in the content as she was previously and it looks like she is struggling massively with the workload as she looked very stressed out and appeared to be on the verge of tears.

Tbh I don't think we are going to get many videos between now and the day that she finishes her degree as it came across to me that she has had lost her enthusiasm for creating content and seems rather bored by it all as I don't think she even wanted to film this video. Plus it came across to me that she has mentally checked out as she has massively lost her focus as she had to keep going to different places to study, her enthusiasm for the course has massively declined as she didn't speak about what essays she was working on and what modules they were for and she was totally uninterested in studying as she looked utterly fed up by it all.
I think she's sick of Oxford though she'll never say it. She wants to go back home and LARP being Anne Shirley and Jo March again like TheCottageFairy :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think she's sick of Oxford though she'll never say it.
It's obvious to me that she has had enough of Oxford as her body language says she has 100% had enough of this place as she has lot her enthusiasm and seems rather bored by it all.

Reactions: 9
Whyyyy tho :( she wanted it for so many years and I thought she thrived on challenging work

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Whyyyy tho :( she wanted it for so many years and I thought she thrived on challenging work
I think she can't stand not being praised for everything she does. For example, that time at Exeter when her tutor gave her a less than favorable grade on her essay because she literally didn't follow the directions, and she was in tears trying to convince the audience that she was being punished for taking a risk.

Reactions: 15
Her diet in this last video is horrible. The so-called plate of pasta - in fact about two spoons of couscous with some tinned toms and a handful of lentils. Earlier in the day a piece of toast. Inadequate protein, fat and calories to fuel

First of all, she is definitely holding a grudge against Oxford for having rejected her in the past. They were smart, because she struggled enough at Exeter. But not like this. University isn't about spewing out everything your professors just lectured. It is taking that information, doing the research and using your own intellect to come up with unique views on a subject, and backing it up with a solid foundation. Professors want you to challenge them, not repeat what they already know. The higher up you go in academia, the more you are on your own. You will not be pat on the head, given ribbons and stars, and be praised. Just do the work, get your degree and get out into the work world. She has been struggling since Day 1 at Oxford and she can't hide it. If she has applied and been rejected from getting a PHD at Oxford, that is yet another Oxford rejection that she will hold a grudge with for the rest of her life, because Rubbish is Rubbish. No wealth is going to buy you a degree from Oxford and there are far more wealthier students there than her, from all over the place! Her heart isn't in it and it has not played out the way she imagined. Same with her writing career. Such is life. She better start realizing that things will go awry more than go smoothly in life. Learning how to cope with grace is what being an adult is, and we all know where Rubes stands on this particular subject. Peter Pan complex is not helping her in any way.

Reactions: 18
Because nothing is forcing her too.

Exeter was really a gift for her, as it was too far away from Bone manor to run home every time she felt a twinge of discomfort. She had no choice but to get outside her comfort zone and do things by herself and for herself. Through that, she was forced to meet new people and try new things and was able to find some resemblance of joy and a life. A sad little life, but a life none the less. She joined clubs, went out to brunch with her weird friends, tried new restraunts, went to the beach, ect.

With her classes in Oxford only being on Thursdays and Fridays, there is no way she is staying there more than 1 night a week. She is 100% at home the rest of the time, which is another reason why there is a lack of videos. And humans are creatures of habit. It is annoying and exhausting to break your routine every week to get up early in the moring, jump on a train to go to a city that you don't know, and don't know anybody, to study something you couldn't care less about. And even worse in Ruby's case because she needs to drag things around with her to give the illusion that she is living in halls.
---
i really really hope the change doesn't mean she has been picked up by a publisher and just cant announce it yet. as an aspiring writer i just might genuinely cry.
I think it's much more likely that she's just resorted back to her disassociative fantasy/delusion of being a super successful literature author that people will admire and study for generations to come.

I think it's her comfort fantasy when things aren't going the way she wants. Hence the obsessive nature of it in the first half of her gap year when she had no clue what she was doing with her life.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
During her spiel for Nord she kept showing shots of her in the library and she looks like a little old lady in her outfit. The light turning her hair a gray tone doesn't help either. No one around her is dressed the same way, I don't get why she keeps trying.

Reactions: 5
She thrives on being praised for busywork that she's good at. She hates actually being challenged and having to apply herself.

Reactions: 13
Her diet in this last video is horrible. The so-called plate of pasta - in fact about two spoons of couscous with some tinned toms and a handful of lentils. Earlier in the day a piece of toast. Inadequate protein, fat and calories to fuel
I noticed that when Ruby was talking about all the non negotiable things to do to keep good mental health, she didn't mention eating well. If you don't have energy to fuel your body then you won't feel well mentally. And drinking lots of caffeine instead won't improve that.

I was quite shocked at how nervous Ruby looked in the Bodleian Library. I had read comments on here about it but I didn't think she would look that unwell. She was mouth breathing and looked like she felt faint so I wasn't surprised when she said how anxious she has been feeling. Doing a Masters is hellish and I can't imagine how much stress there must be at Oxford so I feel for her.

Reactions: 11
I was quite shocked at how nervous Ruby looked in the Bodleian Library. I had read comments on here about it but I didn't think she would look that unwell. She was mouth breathing and looked like she felt faint so I wasn't surprised when she said how anxious she has been feeling.
When I watched the video last night the first thing I noticed was how uncomfortable she looked in the Bodleian Library as she looked very nervous, appeared to be on the verge of throwing up and was also visibly shaking. It is obvious in this video that she is overwhelmed with the whole content of the course and is massively stressed out by all the essays that she has had to submit as I don’t think she realised just how intense this masters course would be.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
She has blessed us with… a strange account of the anatomy and habits of birds. I have a blackbird living in my back yard, wonder if they’re pregnant too? Laying eggs, ugh. So middle class.

IMG_2800.jpeg

• Haha
Also ‘keratin beaks‘ makes me queasy. Ruby has a habit of getting oddly biological with her descriptions and it just makes everything a bit sinister.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.