Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Corneilya

Margot passed away in 2021. Don't feel bad about not noticing though because there was a complete lack of grief and emotion from Ruby about the death of a dog she proclaimed to love and had 'farever'. It was announced as a throw away comment in between her making tea and a studying timelapse, then Margot was promptly forgotten about, never to be mentioned again.

Regarding her busy bee list, it's a very weird time of the year to be doing her tax.
Yes I remembered wondering how someone could not seem at least sad when their dog dies. Especially when you see her crying for her results...

Reactions: 4

Griftwood

VIP Member
We never did get her thoughts on Mary Sidney Harrrbahrt. I’m not upset, just mildly disappointed.

soph30

VIP Member
View attachment 2710601

"This isn't an ad"

Yes, Ruby, this is an ad. You were gifted a product and chose to advertise it to people as a result. You were paid (free stuff still counts as payment with the ASA) and then showed the product off to your followers. That's exactly what an ad is.

It's just especially damning that, yet again, you chose to go out of your way to advertise something you have no interest in whatsoever (and naturally haven't bothered watching before advertising) purely because you were gifted it.

What a cretin.
Also what’s the company it was gifted from?! Looks cute, film and biscuits :) Terrible advertising

hart301

As someone with hair loss I will refrain from commenting on her hairline however I wish she’d learn to braid her hair properly or put it up in a bun wjrh pins. Her hair has the potential to be really lovely if she looked after it in more protective styles like French braids and buns
I wonder if she has traction alopecia? I know she has long hair and that can put a lot of weight on her head if she is pulling it back tight.

Redrose97

Chatty Member
My friend useed to do that with her book blog as well! I don't see why Ruby doesn't do that as it would be a good way for her to get books and we could have a review of a book that is more than a reading of the blurb or it being described as 'cool.'
Back in my blogging days I used to get free books in exchange for reviews and tbh that was my favourite method of payment

• Heart

Hannahebee

VIP Member
11. Filmed this weeks ago and just putting it up now. She is obviously tremendously overwhelmed with Oxford and their expectations, work load and basic life stuff. She is frazzled and coming apart at the seams. Very boring, very empty and really not much a vlog. Also very poorly edited with a late hello and sudden ending, like she couldn't wait to end it.
I agree with this comment @Whisper2Me as it came across to me that she has lost her enthusiasm for creating content and seems rather bored by it all as she was very disengaged and unhappy throughout the whole video in fact when she was at the Bodleian library it was noticeable that even though she has been in several times before she was very nervous and was visibly shaking. Also compared to her other vlogs it just felt very flat and despite filming it 10 days ago it came across as if it was very rushed and that it was filmed a few days ago and not 10 days ago like she claims.

YellowLadybird

Chatty Member
Why is Jade wearing a shoes and socks combo not seen since the age of 7
It seems to be A Thing at the moment; I've seen it on lots of 20-somethings who otherwise act their age.

I can't hate on it too much when I remember how horrible my feet are after a day of tights and close-toed school/work shoes!

Corneilya

WTF is sleaze academia? I'm definitely getting too old for all these different trends, I can't keep up! 🤣 I think I might just stick to my own "60s-70s-hippie-core" aesthetic. Which I just made up. That's the beauty of getting older: you tend to care much less about what other people think! 🤣
Well... Did you heard about dark academia? And white academia? I'm happy to announce that they created grey academia because some people were stressed by dark academia and the interpretation they had of it.
I once DM'd Ruby with a question. It was a brief, polite message but 1+ year on I still haven't got a response. I think it's so rude that she didn't reply after you went to all that trouble.

p.s. I'm studying art history!
I DM'd her on Insta two times, one first to let her know she made a mistake about the pronunciation of a french name ( which she asked in her video, she wanted people to tell her) and explaning her how to actually pronunce it well: not a single reply. Way later, during her gap year, when she went on holidays while school was open, and as we couldn't comment on her insta posts, I DM'd her again for asking her about it and she replied, very nicely I'd say.
Pretty sure she only replies when you touch some subjects, other than that nothing.
---
She's mentioned submitting essays and pieces of writing a few times but been purposefully vague about what she's submitting, where and why. Most of it's amounted to her tossing her bad seagull poems in every direction and hoping someone will publish one or it'll win a competition (naturally, nobody touched any of her poems or fiction with a bargepole).

She bragged that she got an "ACADAMMICK ASSAYYY POBBLISHED" a while back, but luck and low standards seemed to have been her friends there, too:

https://english.umd.edu/research-in...ing-2022/heaven-what-i-cannot-reach-how-emily

Every piece of academic writing she shares is the same brand of godawful mess, with a few borrowed, disconnected ideas and a bunch of Googled quotes lazily stitched together in one babbling essay with no regard for coherence or a clear through line. I can't see whatever this conference paper is being any different.

Ruby being Ruby, this'll no doubt be a wildly embellished minor vanity event of some kind, like Oxford's 3rd worst hotel agreed to let her use their karaoke mic to read out her essay to whatever guests might be milling around the bar area between the hours of 11am and noon.
Uh... That's supposed to be an academic essay? Damn, my highschool teachers were expecting more than that back then.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I can't speak for Ruby's situation but I believe some sponsors ( specifically Skillshare / maybe NordVPAnne? ) have contracts where creators have to upload a sponsorship regularly ( e.g. once a month )
I think you are right, I watch a few creators regularly and almost all of them do a Skillshare or Squarespace sponsored video once a month.

bookworm39

I doubt Ruby has watched this video 😂 :

Very informative though!
---
OOohhh, grab a cup of tea everyone, new video is up! 😂

Last edited: