Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hart301

We have a day in the varied and exciting life of an AXEFUD Masters student over on tt, set to audio from The Secret History: ”She was still a girl, a slight, lovely girl…” I need to physically hold down my eyeballs so they don’t roll right out of my head 🙄🙄🙄 edit: the more I look at it, the more I’m reminded of how someone compared her default fake smile to Wallace & Gromit, and that somehow makes the cringy audio so much funnier

also I came across a recent video of hers on yt this morning and she was talking about Joseph Swetnam’s pamphlet The Arraignment of Women, only she keps saying ”sweet man” and ”arrangement” 😂

View attachment 2754131View attachment 2754132View attachment 2754133View attachment 2754134
She looks like the fucking exorcist :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5

emmer_moans

VIP Member
In the latest video, the music she chooses is a bit angsty, I think. Then you have a random Flight of the Bumblebee thrown in :ROFLMAO:

I enjoyed the bit where she reads on a bench at college, sets up her camera, just as a lad in the background gets up and moves away, probably because he saw the camera.

Her hairstyle would look so much better with a subtle side fringe/feathering. The long lank hair going straight from apex and straight down the side of her face does her no favours, and just emphasises the receding hairline.

The Wes Anderson exhibition at the end was quite funny though, I did nearly choke on my coffee due to the music.

Last edited:

Hannahebee

VIP Member
Doesn't it just mean getting rid of?
It basically means getting rid of books that you no longer wish to keep. With my books I have a certain rule that if they aren't over 6/10 then I will no longer keep them and sell them on the car boot.

bookworm39

Maybe we can lure her back with a good book rec.

Come on, Ruby. We all know how you love boring politician books! You thought David Cameron's autobio was good fun? How about KEIR STARMER: THE BIOGRAPHY, i.e. the dullest book in the universe.

Keir just looking like a man who's found peas in his porridge...

View attachment 2782111
Oooft. I fell asleep just looking at the picture! 😂

• Haha

moosesauna

Chatty Member
lol it’s probably not an existing term and I may not have phrased it right, but essentially what I mean is the image of ”someone who reads in a certain way” that people project on social media - people want to not only read, but read books that others they aspire to be like are reading, and talk about books in a certain way, and do book hauls, and show off bookcases, etc. It’s partly a type of consumerism but it also goes deeper than that, it’s finding an aesthetic that you want to embody, and a way of reading that connects you with a group of other readers you aspire to be like.
This is a really interesting concept to explore! I think this was a big thing in the Victorian era too; people would know how wealthy you were by the type of book-binding you had, there were 'reading parties', everyone discussed the latest serial or story a famous writer had put out...

hart301

Is the potential queerness thing really a thing? Obviously you can't generalise, but not being attracted to the opposite sex can mean you're comfortable around them/able to have casual friendships with them. There's really no evidence of that with Ruby at all (although coming to the channel as an outsider I did wonder if she and Blakeney were a couple, so I suppose I can kind of see the vibe).
It's a stretch w/ the queer arguments but I think a lot of it could have to do with losing a large portion of her audience if she did hypothetically come out. She shows everyone where she lives, and who her parents and sister are, so I doubt it's a privacy issue. A lot of YTers (LGBT or not) are afraid of losing their following because it can be their main / only source of income. Since Roobs markets herself as a 'traditional' girl and henceforth has a 'traditional' audience, coming out could genuinely piss off the older, more traditional side of her audience.

Liz.Lemon

Why is everything something she's always done, always loved, her favourite, her obsession, etc. It's never just 'I enjoy this', 'this was nice', 'Oh I quite like it'. Even in her daily routines it's 'I always X', not just 'At the moment I like to X'
Even just her admitting that "it's not her vibe" would be a change.

Thedudeabides

Chatty Member
Sorry late to the Oxford Union party but that umm ahh reading from an ipad was awful.. there are so many deluded positive youtube comments.

It’s very unhelpful to be consuming caffeine with anxiety like that
---
the dog drinking in the background of the latest TikTok literally scared me ahaha

Last edited:

hart301

1708813154305.png

i've been trying to figure out what the brown sticker on her laptop is. for some reason it's giving warrior cats? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Sibyl Vane

VIP Member
There are a few things I can see playing out over the next few months with Ruby:
- She struggles to the end of her degree, with patchy content uploads. Graduates, and spends another year fucking about and filming. (Normal ending)
- She has dropped out and comes back in a few months with an emotional piece to camera to explain where she's been. She says she's transitioning her channel to be more honest, possibly even using her real name. Maybe she's been in an inpatient facility for her anxious breakdown, but is genuinely committed to being better and more mature. (Good ending)
- She drops out, but makes something up about it really being the best thing and she doesn't change. (Bad ending)
- She never comes back. (Sad ending)
- She partners up with the unknown from the Wonka experience and transitions into Dave Riveria style prank content (? Ending)
Mad ending
---
OMG that Willy Wonka experience thing! It's such a late 90s pill-popping rave fever dream 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Anddddd Ruby has alllll the props and the coat!

• Haha

Strange

Have people seen this video or has it been posted? Lots of interesting comments that talk about Ruby amongst the others.

StatusWoe

VIP Member
She's spoken in public quite a few times, but those speeches haven't gone very well so she mostly keeps quiet about them. There was one panel discussion that was online, but there were audio issues so it was taken offline, and she did very badly. There was another occasion where she gave a speech over Zoom about productivity - we looked at her notes, which were massively off topic and mostly talked about how she's an influencer, and she pretty much cried in her vlog that day because it went so badly. She's spoken at her old school and no doubt there are other occasions. This was nowhere near her first time doing something like this. I don't know how much more practice we can be expected to suffer through 😂
She also did that speech about the suffer-agettes.