Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FolderDuvet

I am no ruby expert but she recently did a tiktok where she said Glossier is the only brand she buys makeup from - I stg she has 100% bought/worn makeup from elsewhere in the past? Strange thing to lie about if true
Uh, like literally in her latest video, I think. Not sure if she bought that too faced pallette for herself, but she has like NYX makeup stuff as well.

Reactions: 5

hart301

I am no ruby expert but she recently did a tiktok where she said Glossier is the only brand she buys makeup from - I stg she has 100% bought/worn makeup from elsewhere in the past? Strange thing to lie about if true
I think she gets most of her other stuff gifted from her company / her family. She wears the Ordinary hyaluronic acid but who literally doesn’t these days. She seems more to be into skincare than makeup, but she seems to lean towards more ‘clean’ makeup brands like Glossier. You’d think she’d be interested in Korean skincare or Korean makeup due to that, but she isn’t into anything ‘too foreign’ so it makes sense why she’s so obsessed with Glossier.

Sibyl Vane

VIP Member
Hmmmm, broccoli! Yummy as a soup or in a stir-fry. Very healthy as well. I once won a pint off of one of the regulars in the pub I used to work in because he didn't believe me when I told him it was spelled with two c. 🤣
And they say good spelling doesn't lead to gifted ethanol 🤣

• Haha

bookworm39

Have people seen this video or has it been posted? Lots of interesting comments that talk about Ruby amongst the others.

I watched it the other day. Really interesting, she makes a number of good points. I've been folowing her for a while now.

FolderDuvet

"I don't know if you can hear me because I'm wearing Airpods." Umm, what?

Yet another video full of fake timescales wherein Ruby squints her way through lies about how much she got done in what is JANUINELY one day. If the seemingly endless hours that this 24 hour day holds weren't a dead giveaway, Ruby simply forgets what day she's supposed to be pretending it is.

After slipping up and talking about it being Sunday, squint-lying through a correction that it's ACKSHUALLY SATURDAY, HONNASTLEEEEEEE, she once again pays no attention when editing:

View attachment 2727179

View attachment 2727164

Whoops!

View attachment 2727183

Ruby VARRY KOINDLEEEE gifts her friend a presumably unsolicited planner from the old, damaged and now obsolete stock of planners that she never used (this one appears to have been factory-sealed with a torn cover, such quality!). Her new Blakeney-replacement friend will have to do more of Ruby's homework if she expects to get a new half-yearly "yearly" planner!

View attachment 2727191

View attachment 2727192

View attachment 2727193

View attachment 2727194

She really ain't getting any better at this whole writing thing.
So it's over two days, right? No way most stuff was open that early in Oxford on a Sunday, it's a late rising city. Only way I'm probably happy it is early, is that it isn't busy. Best time to be out an about in ox is before 9:30 on any day that isn't Sunday.

During her spiel for Nord she kept showing shots of her in the library and she looks like a little old lady in her outfit. The light turning her hair a gray tone doesn't help either. No one around her is dressed the same way, I don't get why she keeps trying.

Deeandra2020

I saw her blocking out the completed (?) essay on her insta.

Wonder if she’s trying to hide what a dumpster fire it is…

irunforfun

VIP Member
I wish the conferences have to present at only had 30ish people to humiliate myself in front of! I avoid as much as possible but my last one was to 400 people from education. Not the “little talk” my boss had promised me!
I see her iPad was out again - if it’s all written and just read out, how can it go wrong?! And is it the norm now to iPad and read?! I’ve clearly been doing it wrong all these years!

MavisBeacon

VIP Member
Something I just noticed: Before that box of free Crosstown donuts went on a topsy-turvy adventure in a cramped Kanken, getting crushed, smeared and upended every which way, it spent 24 hours in Ruby's dorm.

Now, you'd hope she'd stash it in the fridge, or at least a cool, dry place.

View attachment 2758482

Nope. They were kept on the filthy floor of her never-cleaned room. Next to a live radiator. And then she dumped the heaviest book she could find on top of it.
Maybe that's a trick to stop mice getting in 🤢 not saying there are mice in her room, but I don't understand why you'd put them on the floor.

• Sick

sasha667

It's a hard lesson to learn, but so worth it.

I think you're right about Ruby. In the past she's mentioned having therapy and I hope this is one of the issues she's addressing. Unfortunately, her actions lately don't exactly shout 'personal growth'. The fact she re-applied to Oxford is a sign that she's still in that mindset of needing validation. Ruby went for the English course with the lowest number of applicants even though it's not her area of interest, just to up her chances of getting into Oxford. This was a big mistake because now she's stuck on a course that doesn't hold her interest - it's a waste of time and money imo.

Although she got a first in her degree, Ruby seriously struggled with her dissertation. Not saying that other students find it easy, but she had a harder time than most, and there were lots of red flags/signs that academia might not be the right path.
I did my masters at Oxford some years ago. If Ruby is doing the early modern/Renaissance course, this is usually one of the more competitive English courses after the 1900-present course which has always trumped others in terms of applicants. I think you don’t understand the statistics published by the university? I just had a look and they are similar to when I was a student. It says there are 72 applicants to her course, and 74 places across ALL of the English courses. Each course has maybe 10-15 students. Say if there’s ~13 students on her course, out of 72 applicants I think that’s pretty good going, and likely not an indicator of her choosing the easy way in. The easier way would be the Medieval course, but that would be hell.

Deeandra2020

I agree with everything you have said Whisper2Me she is not happy at Oxford and seems to be really struggling the course hence the fact that she went home IMO. I mean a major red flag for me was the fact that she was struggling to come up with ideas for her 2 essays which instantly told me that she hasn't learned a single thing from the lecturers and seminars because if she did she would have a clear structure of what her essays would cover.
I like to think Ruby has been listening to her lectures and seminars, but is doing it of 'Ruby Knowledge' because nothing is better than what Ruby knows. Bet she thinks she knows better than her lecturers, but does she really?