Ruby Granger #41 Poor Blakeney, being replaced by ChatGPT

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh well if she actually believed she would get published it was high time for a reality check. I don’t feel bad for her at all honestly, she has all the means to better her life but is too full of herself to actually use it. Not to mention she could afford to just duck around “writing a book” for a year with no actual job and then just marched to oxford simply because she has money to burn on a degree she’s nit interested in at all and doesn’t need. She’s very lucky she got big on yt when she did cause if she was starting now she would’t get even 1k views, her content is just so uncreative and low quality.
I've done some creative writing and watched a lot of author talks (big authors like VE Schwab, Neil Gaiman, etc). Almost all of them stress that their first completed and fully edited novel wasn't picked up until they'd written several other stories, and when one of those several stories was finally published they still were not popular until much later. Of course, some authors do get published from their first novel and meet immediate success, but then you have the classics like Jane Austen novels and To Kill a Mockingbird that may have received some notoriety in their time but not nearly as much as now long after the authors have passed away. Validation cannot come from an outside source. If your self-worth hinges on other people, you are going to be miserable. I wish Ruby the best, but at the same time, she's a couple of years older than me and I really feel like this is a good time for her to learn this if she hasn't already.
---
So she got there then...

View attachment 2482908

I really do dislike that long pointed collar of hers.
I think she could benefit from temporarily hiring a stylist to put together outfits. Most of her clothes are actually not too bad, but she doesn't usually combine them in a way that actually looks smart and put together. She's not obligated to impress us by any means, but personally, I feel much better when I look better, and I've learned looking better has less to do with body size and fitness and more to do with putting together a nice outfit that fits correctly

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Wonder if her 'friend' Molly will be making a re-appearance at Oxford? Guessing she's in her third year now?

Reactions: 4
Is she confirmed to be at Jesus college? Her accommodation looks like one that is slightly out of the centre. I’ve seen a similar room in another post grads TikTok. Don’t want to give away locations but it was a very boozy rowdy area when I was there.

Reactions: 7
Is she confirmed to be at Jesus college? Her accommodation looks like one that is slightly out of the centre. I’ve seen a similar room in another post grads TikTok. Don’t want to give away locations but it was a very boozy rowdy area when I was there.
Oh please, please. This would be comedy gold!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
🤞🤞🤞Holding out for a Ruby rant about endemic ethanol use

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I just hope she’s getting some genuine enjoyment out of it now she’s actually there. As infuriating as I find her, I would still prefer that she benefit from the course and gain from the experience vs hating every minute and it being a totally wasted spot. I don’t actively want her to have a bad time. Fingers crossed she was able to be open enough in her therapy to get some actual coping skills for the year ahead.

• Heart
Yeah please feel free Oxfordians to correct me, but I'd be surprised if postgrads got a place in the main college? They're mainly for undergrads right? At the uni I was at postgrads weren't mixed with undergrads in halls at all, but I'm aware Oxford is different. Surely there's just not the space to put them all together in 15th century buildings?

However Donald she did post a pic of her at Jesus today

Reactions: 10
The boring but true answer is that, with both Oxford and Cambridge, the accommodation situation varies from college to college. Sometimes postgrads will get a room in college, but usually not - they do much prefer to keep the undergraduates more central and it’s more often the postgrads who get other college-owned property (this can be converted houses or purpose built), sometimes nearby and sometimes further out. I have known people live bang in the middle of old desirable colleges (again, sometimes via pulling strings/money), but also sometimes the graduate blocks are really great and actually a better place to be. (There are also flats for married students!)

Reactions: 8
The boring but true answer is that, with both Oxford and Cambridge, the accommodation situation varies from college to college. Sometimes postgrads will get a room in college, but usually not - they do much prefer to keep the undergraduates more central and it’s more often the postgrads who get other college-owned property (this can be converted houses or purpose built), sometimes nearby and sometimes further out. I have known people live bang in the middle of old desirable colleges (again, sometimes via pulling strings/money), but also sometimes the graduate blocks are really great and actually a better place to be. (There are also flats for married students!)
Yeah that's what I mean, usually not! As if they give it to one postgrad it's a bit unfair to not give it to the rest and it's the undergrads that are in bigger number. Interesting tea from Donald above that that room looks a bit modern for Jesus, do we reckon she's in some modern block and just pretending she's in the quad? :)

Reactions: 1
I think she’s in different accommodation, Oxford usually don’t give post grads their college accommodation, there’s already too many undergrads for them to cope each year. I think she’s further up in a certain well known private accommodation as they’ve built quite a few of them in Oxford over the last few years

Reactions: 1
If that’s the case posting a pic of her drinking her dark academia coffee in her ‘home’ is a lieeeee 😈

Reactions: 3
Yeah please feel free Oxfordians to correct me, but I'd be surprised if postgrads got a place in the main college? They're mainly for undergrads right? At the uni I was at postgrads weren't mixed with undergrads in halls at all, but I'm aware Oxford is different. Surely there's just not the space to put them all together in 15th century buildings?

However Donald she did post a pic of her at Jesus today
A lot of post grad Oxford accommodation is dotted around the city. It can be as far out as the headington area for some of the accomodation. From what I can tell it’s done on a random draw basis for post grads. If she does a day in the life it may be easier to suss out the area
---
Yeah that's what I mean, usually not! As if they give it to one postgrad it's a bit unfair to not give it to the rest and it's the undergrads that are in bigger number. Interesting tea from Donald above that that room looks a bit modern for Jesus, do we reckon she's in some modern block and just pretending she's in the quad? :)
There’s definitely nowhere central that would have that modern inside vibe. It’s easy enough to zip around the city and pretend she’s living centrally though

Reactions: 2
IMG_9462.jpeg
IMG_9463.jpeg

slightly OT but this girl is constantly commenting on roob’s tiktoks and she never gets a reply or even acknowledgement 🤣 i know her fans are weird but this is beyond sad

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
View attachment 2483639View attachment 2483641
slightly OT but this girl is constantly commenting on roob’s tiktoks and she never gets a reply or even acknowledgement 🤣 i know her fans are weird but this is beyond sad
I always eye roll at her comments because her difficult decision was between APPLYING or not applying. Any normal person would apply, see if they’re even accepted and then make their ‘difficult decision’. She simply didn’t apply so of course she wasn’t going to be attending Oxford.. she didn’t get in 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Wish we had a Tattler on her course.
I wonder if anyone knows about her online presence?!

Reactions: 3
In Lottie’s defense, she’s actually published several books with a real publisher in Finland.
to me that actually makes her begging for attention all the more embarrassing. why does she as an actual author care so much about interacting with little miss dark macadamia publisher reject?

• Haha
From what I understand there is a limit to the amount of times you can apply, so maybe that's why she didn't apply, but it does seem very attention-seeking to comment that on two different social media platforms and on Ruby's page.

Reactions: 10
From what I understand there is a limit to the amount of times you can apply, so maybe that's why she didn't apply, but it does seem very attention-seeking to comment that on two different social media platforms and on Ruby's page.
I think she’s been taken in by Ruby’s ✨💫aesthetic💫✨ and doesn’t realise it’s all smoke and mirrors. Also she has a tendency to latch on to people and substitute aesthetics for personality. (source: I’ve read her autobiographical book - one thing she definitely has in common with Roobee is that she was obsessed with never growing up, to the point where it got uncomfortable to read about)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I just hope she’s getting some genuine enjoyment out of it now she’s actually there. As infuriating as I find her, I would still prefer that she benefit from the course and gain from the experience vs hating every minute and it being a totally wasted spot. I don’t actively want her to have a bad time. Fingers crossed she was able to be open enough in her therapy to get some actual coping skills for the year ahead.
Same here. I'm old enough to have seen a lot of dreams go up in flames (some of them my own) and I can't find it in myself to wish that on anyone. I'm not rooting for her to become an academic superstar - I don't think there's any danger of that happening anyway - but I hope she does all right and has some sense of completion and closure at the end of the year.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.