Ruby Granger #40 Ruby the linguistic terrorist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
its odd that she put in the title "back to school" as a 23 year old? if it said "Back to uni" maybe it would be a little better? but the whole time I was wondering "Who tf takes washi tape to uni?" And why all the letter writing supplies? surely that's not needed either?

Also, the one video you'd get from me, a 23 year old is "whats in my bag for WARK!" which is literally just my purse, medication and phone.

Reactions: 31
No period sanitary products. I wonder if she is either too malnourished to have a period OR because she lives in her 12 year old world she is too embarrassed to admit/show that she has periods. Those small bags are the perfect place to keep spare tampons/pads/whatever you use!

also a leather bag? Isn’t she a vegan ??
In my friend group most use period underwear or cups these days so maybe she uses that as well.

Hypocrisy about the environment; major proponent of superficial “girlboss” feminism; lazy engagement with the complexity of sex and gender issues.

The very fact she’s skated into the creative writing MSt with no meaningful/good quality work as yet shows she’s trading on celebrity and connections vs actual skill and talent, which is what she’s done for her entire post-Potter career. I don’t know her personally but we are…let’s say, quite close in degrees of separation via one or two things, and I know several people who find her very annoying!
Thank God I am not the only one..I am so tired of everyone around me worshipping Emma Watson. I don't think she is a particularly good actress

Reactions: 12
Her most recent video looks like it could be from years ago when she still actually attended school. It’s embarrassing 🫣 I currently attend evening lessons whilst working and could not imagine taking that much stuff with me to school. I mainly use my iPad since I can access digital versions of the course books instead of having to haul them around with me the whole day (work starts at 9 am and lessons end at 10 pm with no time to stop at home in between 🥲).

Reactions: 15
I just can't believe she is doing such childish videos like this. What is in my back to school bag? Come on, Ruby. For effing sake, grow up. You are a 23 year old women. She is just so cringe and featherbrained. I can't even imagine this person attending Oxford. I hope she drowns there. She needs a severe reality check.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Very similar to you I started at 10 and was too awkward to tell my mum. Now I’m on the pill and don’t get periods. Maybe she does take the pill so she can live in her teenage body state forever. If she has a private family doctor and they’re rich af I think it can be managed without an actual medical reason.
Tbf in England you don’t need a reason to go on the pill. You can just say you don’t want to get pregnant and off you go with a prescription with no further questioning.

Also, the one video you'd get from me, a 23 year old is "whats in my bag for WARK!" which is literally just my purse, medication and phone.
I'm a student and I also work at the university. During term time I usually have my ipad, a college block, something to write with, purse, student ID, phone and charger with me. For work, I need my work mobile phone and laptop. I use a diary for both work and uni appointments and to-do lists because using a Google calendar for uni and private stuff and Outlook for work got really confusing 🤣. But that's usually it. I can get tea and water at the office.
Why on earth would you want to drag a whole stationery shop around with you every day when you live within walking distance of uni and you have to attend lectures/seminars anyway? When I'm at uni I usually don't have time to write fancy letters, I have to either work, study in the library or attend seminars. She really does live in her little Hogwarts fantasy world.

Okay okay. We‘ve been talking about this a thousand times - I‘ve been responsible for at least half of them. But excuse me, I want to throw up. 🤢

IMG_5270.png

IMG_5269.png

IMG_5268.png

Of course, nails grow, polish chips, life is much more than overly groomed nails. But for duck sake, that’s disgusting. And I have a high tolerance in real life concerning what I consider to be inappropriate nail hygiene. But just cut of the long ass pieces of nail that your polish has chipped of anyway?!

Also: I’m also prone to overpacking and I love stationery, but why does she carry two pencilcases with nearly exactly the stuff in it?! Just combine them and use one for all the random stuff (chargers, pain medication) and one for actual stationery?

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Jesus for work I just turn up with a couple of pens my name badge water bottle that I will fill up but not drink

I think my colleagues would be shocked if I pulled out half a stationery shop

Reactions: 14
I do wonder how much archive work she is really going to be doing in this course, as she is really emphasising the archives and manuscripts elements of the course. The way that she is going on about them, makes it sound that she will be going every day for the dark academia asthetic. I can actually see her doing archive study with mes.

I am just wondering with the archives as my course has some manuscript elements but it was through digitised ones and copies due to practicalities and conservation. I did use archives a lot for an assignment, well two trips and my photos that I took when there, but if was a minor element in comparison in comparison to my history source work.

Reactions: 8
God why do her nails remind me of the old school SAW posters. Yknow the ones with the severed fingers.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Tbf in England you don’t need a reason to go on the pill. You can just say you don’t want to get pregnant and off you go with a prescription with no further questioning.
In Italy too. My gynecologist actually offered me the pill off her own accord once she found out I was sexually active and my periods were painful and irregular. In certain regions it's free as well if you're under 25, even if you take it for non medical reasons

Reactions: 7
I was rattled by the fact she was keeping her Apple pencil in the pencil case instead of with the iPad?? It’s magnetic so it can stay with the iPad at
all times and get charged… that’s the point….

Reactions: 21
Anyway, I can't wait to see her walking around Oxford in her Caillou rainhat and boots

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Okay okay. We‘ve been talking about this a thousand times - I‘ve been responsible for at least half of them. But excuse me, I want to throw up. 🤢

View attachment 2384893
View attachment 2384897
View attachment 2384902

Of course, nails grow, polish chips, life is much more than overly groomed nails. But for duck sake, that’s disgusting. And I have a high tolerance in real life concerning what I consider to be inappropriate nail hygiene. But just cut of the long ass pieces of nail that your polish has chipped of anyway?!
I just don’t understand how her nails physically grow that way.
---
Edited because I misread/understood what you were saying. I’m in the uk too but I didn’t go for pregnancy reasons so I didn’t know they just gave it out like that to people who presumably aren’t sexually active so I thought she would need to find some other way/reason

Last edited:
I just don’t understand how her nails physically grow that way.
---

Edited because I misread/understood what you were saying. I’m in the uk too but I didn’t go for pregnancy reasons so I didn’t know they just gave it out like that to people who presumably aren’t sexually active so I thought she would need to find some other way/reason
Yeah they ask very few questions. I’ve had more questions asked for antihistamines lol. I mean, you can even just buy it over the internet via chemists

Reactions: 1
There likely will be a fair amount of archive work. This is the course you do as training if you want to become an academic working in this field, in order to acquire the professional skills (working with very old books, MSS, etc), so it does focus a decent amount on that stuff. However, Ruby manages to talk about it in a rather confusing and misleading way!

Reactions: 4
I hope the archives provide pencil-sharpening services, because Roobee hasn’t bothered with a sharpener, let alone an eraser.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.