Ruby Granger #40 Ruby the linguistic terrorist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
also it just occurred to me that damp digestive = literally soggy biscuit, I will see myself out

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Watson has a new celebrity booze brand with her brother to shill so I doubt she'll be hanging around in oxford coffee shops like Ruby plans to.

Reactions: 3
(By the way, Watson is also a fairly awful person - she may not be on par with Ruby, but she’s certainly not a wonderful, ideal role model.)
Sorry, OT: Out of sheer curiosity, what makes you say that? I've honestly no idea. I seem to remember controversy in the past where Watson was allegedly the victim of bullying and so on.

Reactions: 4
Hypocrisy about the environment; major proponent of superficial “girlboss” feminism; lazy engagement with the complexity of sex and gender issues.

The very fact she’s skated into the creative writing MSt with no meaningful/good quality work as yet shows she’s trading on celebrity and connections vs actual skill and talent, which is what she’s done for her entire post-Potter career. I don’t know her personally but we are…let’s say, quite close in degrees of separation via one or two things, and I know several people who find her very annoying!

Reactions: 11
Screenshot (618).png

Did she not take a single shower during her trip? nothing she did in the video would have made her knees that dirty. I used to come home with knees like when I was a kid lol

OT: I feel very bad for kids today. There's literally no space for them to play now, just some small parks with limited space. Three swings at most, and the slides are the shortest things ever, nothing exciting nor very engaging. There's no safe and empty space for groups of children to run and play one of those complicated games that is somehow known all around the world, just called with different names.

Reactions: 10
Welp, I guess we put it on the bingo card for a reason 🙃

IMG_2356.jpeg

lol she really thinks she’s going to be traipsing around Oxford, writing letters and decorating them with stamps, using her portable cutlery and two pencil cases full of pens and pencils and mildliners and page flags and washi tapes 😂 This confirms it, she really is only doing this for the aesthetics and the bragging rights. She’s such a bleeping dilettante 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
No period sanitary products. I wonder if she is either too malnourished to have a period OR because she lives in her 12 year old world she is too embarrassed to admit/show that she has periods. Those small bags are the perfect place to keep spare tampons/pads/whatever you use!

also a leather bag? Isn’t she a vegan ??

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Welp, I guess we put it on the bingo card for a reason 🙃

View attachment 2384238

lol she really thinks she’s going to be traipsing around Oxford, writing letters and decorating them with stamps, using her portable cutlery and two pencil cases full of pens and pencils and mildliners and page flags and washi tapes 😂 This confirms it, she really is only doing this for the aesthetics and the bragging rights. She’s such a bleeping dilettante 😂
Here is what is in my bag as a masters student, without all the tit you don't need:

- Laptop
- Charger
- Food
- ID for uni/hospital
- Sanitary products
- Paracetamol
- Pen
- Lip balm

that is it ... you dont need tons of stuff Ruby. The more crap you bring the heavier the bag so why pack excessively, it is pointless

Reactions: 28
Oh my god, why, why would you embarrass yourself on the internet like this? I almost feel sorry for her. (Almost.)

• Haha
Reactions: 19
No period sanitary products. I wonder if she is either too malnourished to have a period OR because she lives in her 12 year old world she is too embarrassed to admit/show that she has periods. Those small bags are the perfect place to keep spare tampons/pads/whatever you use!
I bet the topic of periods etc. is too embarrassing for her. I was embarrassed when I got my period for the first time at 12 and I didn't know how to tell my mother. lol I knew I would get my period at some point but I was embarrassed nonetheless. But that was in the late 90s and people didn't talk about stuff like this so openly like they do now.

Since Ruby is a Victorian Ghost Child (yes, capital letters), she probably thinks periods are bad or some evil thing.

I'm on the pill and don't get my period (which is a huge relief), so I don't need any sanitary pads to take with me. But I don't think Ruby is on the pill. haha

Reactions: 9
I bet the topic of periods etc. is too embarrassing for her. I was embarrassed when I got my period for the first time at 12 and I didn't know how to tell my mother. lol I knew I would get my period at some point but I was embarrassed nonetheless. But that was in the late 90s and people didn't talk about stuff like this so openly like they do now.

Since Ruby is a Victorian Ghost Child (yes, capital letters), she probably thinks periods are bad or some evil thing.

I'm on the pill and don't get my period (which is a huge relief), so I don't need any sanitary pads to take with me. But I don't think Ruby is on the pill. haha
Very similar to you I started at 10 and was too awkward to tell my mum. Now I’m on the pill and don’t get periods. Maybe she does take the pill so she can live in her teenage body state forever. If she has a private family doctor and they’re rich af I think it can be managed without an actual medical reason.

I see somebody on her video has commented about an error within the planner. I have however noticed something in the planner ( there are 2 dates saying January 25th in the calendar part before the weekly overviews- it means that the 31st falls on the Thursday whereas it is on the Wednesday, with Thursday being 1st February)

• Angry
Reactions: 3
Multiple shots of Blakeney in the first 45 seconds.
"...Foive PRE-SANT off..."
Waterstones sponsor-begging.
Performative kindness. She AWLWHEYS wroyte thankyouu cards, AVVERY SINGOL DAY!
Claimed to be a huge Sherlock Holmes/BBC Sherlock fan. Doesn't know how to pronounce "Holmes" ("Hollums?").
Jump cuts, overlapping audio and distracting background noise everywhere. NO SECOND TAKES, HOW DAAEER YOOO SOJJAST THAT!

My favourite part, though, is that Ruby now claims that she AWHLWHEYS keeps her planner inside a protective padded "bookvelope" and that is JANUINELY why hers stays miraculously pristine for and entire year of ACKSHUAL YEESE. She has done this for YAAAHRS, even though it made no appearance in previous "WOT IS IN MOIY BAHHG?" videos. It's HONNASTLEEE not been thrown in now because she doesn't actually use the planner herself and keeps it in a drawer until it's time to advertise it, and then she'll scribble some vague bullshit or virtue-signalling fake activities in a random date for an Instagram photo, you can be VARRY SURE OF THAT!

Reactions: 16
That thumbnail just isn't right. The outfit choice suggests uniform. 23 years of age and she's posting "what's in my school bag" videos. Honestly knocks me sick

• Sick
Reactions: 13
  • Ruby opens the backpack, there’s a long hair on it, and she doesn’t bother to take it off and refilm that section.
  • The bloomin’ YALLOW rainhat, again. Seriously, Ruby?

90B82380-F00C-42CC-BDB6-0384FE7FE92A.jpeg

• Carries a stock of thank you cards, just in case.
  • 2 big pencil cases, when for most of the sessions she’ll be writing on her ipad. I love stationery, but there comes a point where it’s silly to carry two full pencil cases around to lectures when also taking electronic devices. Save all your highlighters for your night time study sessions in your room, Ruby.
That said, I am here with the popcorn for her Oxford vlogs because this is what she has been waiting for :ROFLMAO: 🍿
She’s definitely going to do walking-past-the-camera shots on college campuses whilst wearing that yellow rain hat. I call it now. She’ll be so smug in her vlogs for the first couple of vlogs but then I think she will start to flounder about once the deadlines crop up.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
  • 2 big pencil cases, when for most of the sessions she’ll be writing on her ipad. I love stationery, but there comes a point where it’s silly to carry two full pencil cases around to lectures when also taking electronic devices.
You’d think with her professed love for busywork, she’d welcome the opportunity to just bring one type of note-taking apparatus and rewrite notes to her heart’s content when she gets back to her accommodation.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
You’d think with her professed love for busywork, she’d welcome the opportunity to just bring one type of note-taking apparatus and rewrite notes to her heart’s content when she gets back to her accommodation.
Exactly! All the ‘LAMMY PANS’ and washi tape and special highlighters and stamps and wax seals can come out when she does her work. There’s no way she will need all those pens in her lectures or supervisions. My shoulders are getting sympathy pain just thinking of toting all that stuff.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.