Ruby Granger #40 Ruby the linguistic terrorist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does oxford do masters part time? Or maybe she is planning on doing a PHD after?
I have just checked the course that she is doing and you can only do it full-time which lasts 9 months. However, full-time PhDs usually last for 3 or 4 years whilst part-time PhDs can take up to 6 or 7 years.

Reactions: 4
Um when is Monday August 12th, because I’m pretty bleeping sure it’s not today 🙃

IMG_2353.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Um when is Monday August 12th, because I’m pretty bleeping sure it’s not today 🙃

View attachment 2380602
I have just checked the dates and the 12th and 13th of August are on Monday and Tuesday next year. I have also noticed that she included footage of her writing in the planner on Friday the 6th August yet this date was back in 2021, so she is using old footage of her planner to make it seem like it is her new one when it isn't.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
I have just checked the dates and the 12th and 13th of August are on Monday and Tuesday next year.
Let’s hope she’s using the end of the academic year for her make-believe to-do lists, because on the face of it, it just looks like she fucked up and put in the wrong dates 😂🤦 Also, this just in:

IMG_2354.jpeg

I wonder why the server isn’t being used, Rootoraptor. Could it be… *drumroll’ because YOU vanished into thin air and emerged two years later frolicking on the green, sponsored fields of Fable?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Let’s hope she’s using the end of the academic year for her make-believe to-do lists, because on the face of it, it just looks like she fucked up and put in the wrong dates 😂🤦 Also, this just in:

View attachment 2380637

I wonder why the server isn’t being used, Rootoraptor. Could it be… *drumroll’ because YOU vanished into thin air and emerged two years later frolicking on the green, sponsored fields of Fable?
Why has it took her 2 years before commenting on the fact that the server is hardly been used? I swear she hasn't been updating Fable either because the book club pick is still The Great Gatsby.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
And she's supposed to be that person who plan everything... That little detail tells so much about her.
It's almost like she goes out of her way to duck things up. She isn't even trying.
---
I have just checked the course that she is doing and you can only do it full-time which lasts 9 months. However, full-time PhDs usually last for 3 or 4 years whilst part-time PhDs can take up to 6 or 7 years.
I don't see her doing a PhD at all. The thesis is supposed to be ORIGINAL and contributes SUBSTANTIVELY to the field. She uses Cliffnotes and steals ideas from friends/ scholars, for Christ's sake.

Reactions: 19
Why has it took her 2 years before commenting on the fact that the server is hardly been used? I swear she hasn't been updating Fable either because the book club pick is still The Great Gatsby.
I really don’t understand her inability to keep any sort of fan interaction thing going… it would literally cost her nothing to send a couple of messages a few times a week on this server and keep it active, she could even put it on one of her many to-do lists or set an alarm on her phone if it’s hard for her to remember. Hell, I’m pretty sure most YouTubers pay someone to pretend to be them and interact on Discord. Someone from her management could surely do it.

I understand if she doesnt enjoy speaking to randos online who are obsessed with her - I wouldn‘t if I were in her shoes. But if that’s the case, stop making book clubs for them! She’s only letting them down. I remember how disappointed some of the admins were who ran her original book club that was supposed to have Zoom meetings that never materialised. That’s how you lose fans.

Reactions: 12
I remember at the time the general consensus, too, was that she was intimidated suddenly being in a server with people who had much more to say about the books assigned for that week/month/whatever than she did - actual intelligent analyses, too, not just "WOW the VIBES were so IRIDESCENT, the author really captured EVENTS and EMOTIONS, I've never seen this in a book before!!"

She barely gets away with that bullshit in IG posts/YT videos where she can just ignore the comments, never mind a server where engagement would be much more expected. It wouldn't be long before even the people who kiss her ass wouldn't be able to deny that it's all performative, and that she skims at best (or probably just reads summaries/reviews and regurgitates what they say).

Reactions: 13
I think she is going to apply for a DPhil (that’s what PhDs are called at Oxford), because remaining a student gives her an excuse for drawing out her “child” status even longer.

(No shade is intended to be thrown at normal PhD students, of course, who don’t see their research as an excuse to remain TWALVE.)

I really don’t understand her inability to keep any sort of fan interaction thing going… it would literally cost her nothing to send a couple of messages a few times a week on this server and keep it active, she could even put it on one of her many to-do lists or set an alarm on her phone if it’s hard for her to remember. Hell, I’m pretty sure most YouTubers pay someone to pretend to be them and interact on Discord. Someone from her management could surely do it.

I understand if she doesnt enjoy speaking to randos online who are obsessed with her - I wouldn‘t if I were in her shoes. But if that’s the case, stop making book clubs for them! She’s only letting them down. I remember how disappointed some of the admins were who ran her original book club that was supposed to have Zoom meetings that never materialised. That’s how you lose fans.
It's not like she's busy either. Most Booktubers I follow can manage one or more bookclubs on top of posting content, having a job, a family etc.

Reactions: 7

View attachment 2380637

Someone probably reminded her it existed 🤣 I still wonder what happened to the studygram server

Reactions: 5
I would love to see that first book club meeting, and the realization setting in that she was in over her head bc all these THARTEEN year olds had more intelligent things to say.

I remember someone here was in the livestream and reported back, if anyone remembers and can link the thread?
---
I'm convinced she created it purely to farm a few more young penpals and then bailed the second she had some details.
That's so so creepy. I can imagine her slapping together a sign that says: ATTENTION, BOSOM FRIEND NEEDED. ARE YOU TWALVE, A BOOKWORM, AND WANT TO BE THE DIANA TO MY ANNE? COMPENSATION: CLEAN MY ROOM FOR FREE!n

• Haha
Reactions: 6
"This is your sign to..." No it isn't. It's not my sign. The amount she uses this is grating on me so hard.

Her handwriting winds me up so much. I feel like someone so obsessed with being ASSTHATACK and ACADAMACK would have trained themselves to write in a prettier or more stylish way.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.