Ruby Granger #4 Please sir, may I have some more (priviledge, playtime, and fake productivity)?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like she accepted the money, then received backlash so pretended that her plan was to 'reinvest' it back into the cause (keeping it deliberately vague in the hope that this would be enough for people to stop questioning her). But this prompted even more questions, so she hastily came up with a half-baked idea to make it seem legit. I highly doubt that the memorials will actually happen, she's just covering her back. It's the laziest way to do it as well - she's literally asking her followers to come to her rather than doing any of the work herself. Just seems like a steaming pile of bullshit to me.
I reread her post, and she's asking her followers to reach out to her. So if the memorials don't happen, she can just say, "oh well I didn't get any responses from my followers" or deflect blame. FFS just donate the money Ruby and let your followers know where you donated it. This is not your opportunity to pad your resume.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Also, the point of a memorial would be lost if it didn't come with lessons, assemblies etc about the Holocaust in the schools, which I bet Ruby isn't going to provide. She really needs to accept that she doesn't know best about this and let a dedicated charity decide how best to spend the money.
Also like are schools open in the UK right now? Because in my country they are (at 50% capacity) and it certainly would not be the time for an initiative about the Holocaust, unfortunately. My brother is in high school and normally they'd do an assembly with speeches with the whole school but they obviously couldn't do that this year.
The more I think about it the more flaws I find in Ruby's "plan".

Reactions: 6
Also like are schools open in the UK right now? Because in my country they are (at 50% capacity) and it certainly would not be the time for an initiative about the Holocaust, unfortunately. My brother is in high school and normally they'd do an assembly with speeches with the whole school but they obviously couldn't do that this year.
The more I think about it the more flaws I find in Ruby's "plan".
No!!! Pretty sure they’re shut except for vulnerable children + those of key workers!! And i don’t think they’re likely to open until March at the earliest! This is in no way shape or form the time for Ruby trying to boost her ego.

Reactions: 12
I reread her post, and she's asking her followers to reach out to her. So if the memorials don't happen, she can just say, "oh well I didn't get any responses from my followers" or deflect blame. FFS just donate the money Ruby and let your followers know where you donated it. This is not your opportunity to pad your resume.
Yes, it always comes down to her being the saviour, doesn't it?

Reactions: 4
Has anybody watches Ja'mie private school girl? Ruby wanting to help underfunded state schools has the same energy as Ja'mie when she took Kwami in
Off topic, but when we discuss Ruby’s novel I can’t read the name ‘Nathan’ without thinking about the Angry Boys series. ‘Nathan ... Nathan ... NATHAN!!!’

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm not saying remembering the Holocaust isn't important, but I think schools have more pressing issues to deal with at this moment in time than fielding emails from Ruby.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I don't have an Instagram, does anybody know if people on her instagram are reacting like we are?

Reactions: 1
It’s the “I’m going to reinvest into Holocaust education” what you buying resources, why not say who you donated too and that if your subscribers are able too they can as well?
I called her out for it on her insta, others should to. I mostly just watch and avoid directly criticising because a lot of times it feels unnecessary, but this is just so wrong and she can't be allowed to brush past it.

Reactions: 10
I'm not saying remembering the Holocaust isn't important, but I think schools have more pressing issues to deal with at this moment in time than fielding emails from Ruby.
I think it's very pressing given that anti-semitism is on the rise and so many hate crimes are committed against Jews. Maybe you'd speak differently if you were Jewish..

Reactions: 1
Why is she, a non Jewish woman, trying to make herself the face of this? Why isn’t she using her platform and following to push attention towards a Jewish activist?

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I don't have an Instagram, does anybody know if people on her instagram are reacting like we are?
It’s 50/50 a lot of people challenging her and questioning why she accepted the money (👏👏) buuuuut also a lot of people sticking up for her...
Have attached a couple screenshots

Attachments

Reactions: 9
I think it's very pressing given that anti-semitism is on the rise and so many hate crimes are committed against Jews. Maybe you'd speak differently if you were Jewish..
Tbh she probably meant because of coronavirus

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I didn't mean it's not important, and apologies for wording it incorrectly. I just mean schools are struggling juggling teaching in person, remotely and setting work for children to do at home, so reading and responding to an email from a random YouTuber probably isn't their highest priority.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I really don’t think ruby granger going into schools to make holocaust memorials is going to solve antisemitism tbf.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Yeah I'm not denying that anti-semitism isn't something important to combat, it's just that putting the money towards funding school trips to concentration camps or buying learning resources for schools is far more beneficial than putting up a plaque for a random YouTuber with no explanation.

Reactions: 27
Oh yeah, what happened to the anti bullying thing she was going to donate to with the money?! I don’t see how that’ll fit in with the memorials??! Someone been caught out...

• Angry
Reactions: 20
I've been thinking I should update my cv to include that I was a sixer in brownies it was over 20 years ago but its still important right
Does the fact that I was passed over for sixer mean I should resign from my adult job as a manager? Obviously means I can't lead anything if they didn't let me have that badge at the ripe old age of eight...

Exactly. I wouldn’t employ her, one of the only actual skills I picked out from that was her ability to edit videos and use photoshop. Other than that, nothing really stood out to me.
I redid mine recently and it was kind of amazing how much I have achieved that I didn't put on there... because

1. It's a summary
2. It's tailored to the job/career you want

Reactions: 3
Well, the charity is still best placed to arrange memorials in schools? Is she just looking for something else to put on LinkedIn? She’s ridiculous.
i don’t want to sound mean (just realistic) but she struggles to run a book club as is, setting up her own educational programme sounds a little too ambitious

ps i am also struggling to run a book club so i feel u ruby, just give the money back to the charity

Reactions: 14
Next Thread?

Ruby Granger: Definitely not a Tory

(weak af but I wanted to get it going, some of you are so good at this)

------

Edit:

Ruby Granger: Singlehandedly Solving Anti-Semitism

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.