Ruby Granger #4 Please sir, may I have some more (priviledge, playtime, and fake productivity)?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello, everyone! And hello, Ruby! (I’m guessing it is safe to assume that you read what is written here, at least occasionally.) Long time lurker, but decided to create and account and say something on here because this situation has set me off.

Ruby, I am going to try to say this as kindly as possible (this isn’t meant to hurt your feelings!) I can’t deny that I am deeply disappointed by what you’ve done. My first thought was, how is it possible to accept monetary gain, to earn money off of the suffering of so many people?

It’s not the fact that you did something to spread awareness and encourage people to take a part in Holocaust Remembrance Day, that’s not it at all. I think doing that is great. But why accept money for it? Why not do it just because?

I’m a high schooler. I by no means am claiming to have good, substantial knowledge regarding the Holocaust, or to be more knowledgeable than anyone else. I might not know much about the Holocaust, or anything really, but I know enough to understand that those impacted by it have been through a lot, through hell and back, for the lack of a better expression. I will never, ever be able to comprehend even the tiniest, tiniest fraction of what they must have felt then, nor will I ever know to what extent they have suffered. But I do know that the suffering of so many people is not to be perceived as something off of which I can benefit.

We don’t always have to be the leader of something to help create something positive, to create a light in the darkness, Ruby. These charities exist for a reason, and they offer (from what I have read in this thread- credit to those who posted about this) education for kids on the Holocaust through trips, event, etc., more than what one person would be able to do. There is always something that we won’t be able to do; we can’t be experts on everything, Ruby. But what we can do is offer up our skills and abilities to contribute to something, to support something we believe in, to help create positive change. And we don’t always have to be the hero to do that. Why not donate to them to contribute to a cause that you support since you’ve already accepted money for the ad?

Yes, it is important to remember and honor the lives that were lost, the survivors and those the Holocaust has impacted, and the devastating impact that the Holocaust has had. Yes, it is important to acknowledge that something like this has happened, to spread awareness of it and encourage people to do the same, to bring to the light what has come out of all of this, to never forget. But all of that can be done without monetary gain. Sometimes, we do things simply out of the kindness of our hearts, in efforts to inform others, to have them gain the knowledge that we have, to feel something and take action, or whatever purpose our contributions may serve and not because we will profit off of it or have something addition to add to our CV or resume.

The best kindness costs nothing and demands nothing in return. The best form of kindness, while we may receive nothing in return, the fact that our actions can mean the world to someone, can make the first steps, however small, towards sparking something positive, is priceless.

We can’t go back to the past and change what we have done. And it’s not about fixing a tarnished reputation, either. That’s not what should be the main focus. We may not able to change our actions, but what we can do is reflect on them, see what our actions have caused, and change for the better.

That being said, Ruby, I hope I haven’t hurt your feelings. That is not my intent at all, and not why I wrote this. I hope that you can see this situation from a perspective other than your own, and that you will be able to learn from this. While I don’t think that what you did was quite right, I don’t have any ill will towards you, I just want you to be able to learn from this. We all make mistakes and do something wrong, Ruby, but what truly matters is what we do with it, how we learn from it, and how we change.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Ruby Granger: ”Reinvesting” Questionable Ad Proceeds with Closed, Grateful Eyes

...or ”posing as a Holocaust educator” or whatever, really, I just really want to immortalize “closed, grateful eyes” somewhere 😂 (I see we have a few more pages to think about it but this thread is moving lightning fast these days!)

• Haha
Reactions: 18
It’s 50/50 a lot of people challenging her and questioning why she accepted the money (👏👏) buuuuut also a lot of people sticking up for her...
Have attached a couple screenshots
If you read the responses under her pinned comment on the post, a bunch of people questioned her about her intentions and where she would donate. Instead of addressing any of those comments directly, she's just replied to the one asking about the "ad" declaration. Like, no one is complaining that she declared it as an ad. It's illegal not to do so. They're complaining about the fact that it is an ad in the first place.

Reactions: 9
Ik this is so petty and out of nowhere but I really can't stand the music Ruby always plays in her videos it drives me NUTS... the weird covers and folksy style stuff lmao I guess it's just not my style but I almost wish she'd just stick to the same tchaikovsky tracks for every vid lmao . Also curious if she has the rights to use these songs lol not that I really care but wonder how she gets away without copyright strikes.. does she even mention the artists or song names ??
A few months ago she had a sponsorship from Sony Music and promoted a special Piano playlist, hope I remember it right. Maybe they gave her the rights for music they produced?

oh my god even reading your post before seeing the vid I still wasn't prepared for the collar .
I wonder what the other people on campus thought about her and if they watch her now from home to make fun of her with other befrieded students. And I would totally understand it...

It always surprises me that Ruby doesn’t seem to know more about music, you’d think some kind of instrumental lessons would be the kind of extra-curricular thing that her school and family encouraged.
She had a collaboration video with the Royal Orchestra in 2019 (?!). There she got a violine lesson. Does anybody remember?

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
This was a few years ago now but I did go to an underfunded state school, as Ruby would say. A girl in my year sadly passed away when I was at school and her parents wanted to do a memorial at the school as she loved school and everyone loved her. The whole entire school supported the idea but it still took about 2 years with all of the red tape surrounding it. And like who is going to design this memorial she wants to do ??? It just seems so incredibly random.

Surely that money would be better invested into charities or organisations that could actually educate students. Like I just do not understand why she’s doing this, why a memorial instead of like Holocaust text books that underfunded schools could actually use?

edit: just reread and take a shot every time you read school in my first paragraph

editing to add again that the memorial was fully funded by her family so no funding red tape, just the council

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I wonder what the other people on campus thought about her and if they watch her
I have a real distant memory (either first thread on here, or over on GG) of Exeter students being annoyed Ruby was accepting paid ads with the uni. I think they posted about it on an Exeter uni facebook page, one of the joke ones (I know my uni had a few) and someone anonymously submitted something about her, the comments went wild and it had to be removed. To be fair, she doesn't seem to pick her paid ads very well 😬 Does she realise she can talk about things, such as how much she loves the uni she goes to and also important historical events without being paid, right?

Reactions: 25
Ruby, sweetie, planting a few trees in “underfunded state schools” as Holocaust memorials does little in the way of actually educating. The only real person that benefits is you for having “done good”. The money, in my opinion, would be better donated to a charity that deals directly with Holocaust education. They are the experts, after all. Oh, and none of the money should go towards bullying as bullying isn’t the point of the ad (define this, please? Does this mean it funds your time to write an Erimentha sequel or something?)

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I have a real distant memory (either first thread on here, or over on GG) of Exeter students being annoyed Ruby was accepting paid ads with the uni. I think they posted about it on an Exeter uni facebook page, one of the joke ones (I know my uni had a few) and someone anonymously submitted something about her, the comments went wild and it had to be removed. To be fair, she doesn't seem to pick her paid ads very well 😬 Does she realise she can talk about things, such as how much she loves the uni she goes to and also important historical events without being paid, right?
i remember quite a few people pointing out the very stark difference between Selina Ozay and Ruby’s discussions of the uni they both attended and made YouTube videos of, and only one got any hint of a sponsorship from the uni 👀 But of course they are very, very different people and Ruby’s following was already soooo much bigger but if ahh one else here watched Selina whilst she was at uni will remember what I mean

Ruby, sweetie, planting a few trees in “underfunded state schools” as Holocaust memorials does little in the way of actually educating. The only real person that benefits is you for having “done good”.
She would also get visibility, which for an influencer equals money. So presumably even if she used the money to set up a legitimate memorial or even just a plaque that says "donated by Ruby Granger", she'd still be profiting off of it because her job depends on the views she gets on social media.
Conversely, if she just donated the money to a charity, the donation or the project it would fund would not have her name attached to it.

Reactions: 14
Lets be real though, Ruby's 'kindness' has always been about herself first and anyone she helps second. The kindness journal or whatever it was was all about doing things that made you feel good under the guise of kindness.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I messaged her in response to a story, questioning why she didn't give back the money to an organisation that would clearly be more qualified, and she said that she was "in conversation with the charity about this <3"

So, I can only hope that some people with actual experience and knowledge will also be involved in this vanity project.

Reactions: 15
I bet she 100% believed she's qualified for something like that lol. After all she's so smart and takes a module in the Holocaust studies :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Sick
Lets be real though, Ruby's 'kindness' has always been about herself first and anyone she helps second. The kindness journal or whatever it was was all about doing things that made you feel good under the guise of kindness.
I can see her jotting things down in it like 'cleaned the kitchen for mum', 'smiled at the postman' just really generic and common sense things that shouldn't even really count as acts of kindness . For someone that needs a lot of validation and is a bit of a narcissist, a kindness journal is perfect.

Reactions: 19
Also, I went to
i remember quite a few people pointing out the very stark difference between Selina Ozay and Ruby’s discussions of the uni they both attended and made YouTube videos of, and only one got any hint of a sponsorship from the uni 👀 But of course they are very, very different people and Ruby’s following was already soooo much bigger but if ahh one else here watched Selina whilst she was at uni will remember what I mean
I watch Selina! I remember she slagged off the psychology department for being terrible when she tried to appeal a grade. She said in a video that the uni got in contact with her and basically warned her to stop talking about it on her channel. It's so funny though because Selina is a FAR better representation of an Exeter uni student than Ruby, who gets up at 5am to do extra reading and makes noise complaints past 10pm 😂

• Haha
Remembering the Holocaust is important and memorials are important but UK secondary schools seems like a really strange place for it. If she wanted to help education, why not donate resources to schools, or pay for speakers, rather than try to set up a memorial that everyone will probably - unfortunately - just walk past after a week. I really don't understand her logic and this really goes to show how small her world is. Just don't accept the money in the first place but if you have to, definitely don't reinvest it this performatively :rolleyes:

I messaged her in response to a story, questioning why she didn't give back the money to an organisation that would clearly be more qualified, and she said that she was "in conversation with the charity about this <3"

So, I can only hope that some people with actual experience and knowledge will also be involved in this vanity project.
Sorry to double post but what conversation is there to have?? Surely it's a simple as just...donating it. Thank you for pulling her up on it though

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Interesting comment on the Instagram post that Ruby’s company made £38k last year - I’m guessing that not all of that is YouTube revenue and includes Pumpkin Productivity and her income as a landlord, but knowing she’s making that kind of money makes it even more icky that she took money to promote this. She really, really didn’t need to and it’s sad that it didn’t seem to occur to her that she could promote Holocaust Memorial Day without being paid to do it.

Reactions: 27
Interesting comment on the Instagram post that Ruby’s company made £38k last year - I’m guessing that not all of that is YouTube revenue and includes Pumpkin Productivity and her income as a landlord, but knowing she’s making that kind of money makes it even more icky that she took money to promote this. She really, really didn’t need to and it’s sad that it didn’t seem to occur to her that she could promote Holocaust Memorial Day without being paid to do it.
On top of that her family is already wealthy. So yeah she really did not need that money and it's a little disgusting that she's making that revenue off of one of the biggest tragedies in the history of mankind.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.