Ruby Granger #4 Please sir, may I have some more (priviledge, playtime, and fake productivity)?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also things like that won't matter in schools, especially not underfunded state schools. It's a nice idea but like, my secondary school could barely afford a second exercise book for us if we finished our first and most of our classrooms were in demountable caravans, money would be better invested on learning resources than statues or plaques saying that the school is committed to remembering the Holocaust.
It's because she apparently set up a Holocaust memorial at her fancy private school so she thinks it's the right thing to do in these circumstances.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Silly question, why can't the Trust themselves invest the money into schools, why does the money need to go via a 3rd party like Ruby?
The trust can, I think this is something Ruby’s cooked up by herself. She’d have mentioned it it was some kind of partnership, I’m sure.

Reactions: 7
Silly question, why can't the Trust themselves invest the money into schools, why does the money need to go via a 3rd party like Ruby?
I’m also curious as to how much she earned from this. If it was a few hundred quid, splitting that between even just a couple of schools will be fairly pointless, given that any kind of permanent physical memorial would have to be designed, built, risk assessed, installed, maintained and so on. If she earned many thousands then this makes it all the more shocking,

Reactions: 28
I think she was well intentioned it just strikes me as something you would think to do when you're younger and don't fully understand funding and things, I think she has a bit of a hero complex mixed with privileged naivety

• Heart
Reactions: 45
The more I think about this the more it seems like some kind of last-minute elaborate emergency measure to control damages. It seems to me she had no intention of donating the money, she wanted to treat this as any other paid ad, then she got called out on it and panicked and had to think of something.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
She's definitely read on here (or maybe people have messaged her?) and panicked about the whole thing.

Ruby if you're reading, stop trying to salvage this one - lesson (hopefully) learnt here. Either not accepting payment, or clearly re-donating the money back TO AN ACTUAL CHARITY would have been perfectly fine. Just do that next time rather than faffing about with some cobbled together memorial idea

Also "underfunded state school"?! Big yikes (and sounds like something Erimentha would say...)

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Would you be able to set up a permanent memorial in a comprehensive anyway? Correct me If I'm wrong but if it's going to be there forever not just a poster on a wall or something wouldn't the council or another governing body have to give it the go ahead, I went to a state school and I don't think they'd have let me give them some money for a memorial or something similar
Yeah I was thinking the same

Also curious how much money she accepted for this if she’s wanting to do this in a few school!? A permanent memorial wouldn’t be cheap

Also slightly offended at her phrasing underfunded state school...we get it, you went to a private school 🙄
She’s gross

• Angry
Reactions: 23
I feel like she accepted the money, then received backlash so pretended that her plan was to 'reinvest' it back into the cause (keeping it deliberately vague in the hope that this would be enough for people to stop questioning her). But this prompted even more questions, so she hastily came up with a half-baked idea to make it seem legit. I highly doubt that the memorials will actually happen, she's just covering her back. It's the laziest way to do it as well - she's literally asking her followers to come to her rather than doing any of the work herself. Just seems like a steaming pile of bullshit to me.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
Also things like that won't matter in schools, especially not underfunded state schools. It's a nice idea but like, my secondary school could barely afford a second exercise book for us if we finished our first and most of our classrooms were in demountable caravans, money would be better invested on learning resources than statues or plaques saying that the school is committed to remembering the Holocaust.
This! I could hear rats running around under my history classroom, but it's alright, because benefactor Ruby is going to put up a memorial! At a time when lots of students are struggling to learn from home with no access to technology or the Internet, this really doesn't sit well with me.

Reactions: 14
I feel like she accepted the money, then received backlash so pretended that her plan was to 'reinvest' it back into the cause (keeping it deliberately vague in the hope that this would be enough for people to stop questioning her). But this prompted even more questions, so she hastily came up with a half-baked idea to make it seem legit. I highly doubt that the memorials will actually happen, she's just covering her back. It's the laziest way to do it as well - she's literally asking her followers to come to her rather than doing any of the work herself. Just seems like a steaming pile of bullshit to me.
Seriously I've lost so much respect for Ruby after this. Before she just seemed like a clueless, immature girl playing make believe, but ultimately harmless. But this really sounds like she's trying to profit off of the freaking Holocaust. What is wrong with her?

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
She's definitely read on here (or maybe people have messaged her?) and panicked about the whole thing.

Ruby if you're reading, stop trying to salvage this one - lesson (hopefully) learnt here. Either not accepting payment, or clearly re-donating the money back TO AN ACTUAL CHARITY would have been perfectly fine. Just do that next time rather than faffing about with some cobbled together memorial idea

Also "underfunded state school"?! Big yikes (and sounds like something Erimentha would say...)
And how would most pupils know if their school is underfunded, and ‘underfunded’ compared to what measure? I mean you can probably say yes generally for most state schools but is Ruby going to rank them?

Reactions: 17
And how would most pupils know if their school is underfunded, and ‘underfunded’ compared to what measure? I mean you can probably say yes generally for most state schools but is Ruby going to rank them?
Bit awkward when she gets a load of messages from people suggesting their school, how is she gonna pick? Is she going to asks for the schools individual financial report and get her finance daddy to pick which would benefit the most from the memorial?
She puts up the creepy childlike persona to cover for the fact she’s a greedy money grabbing influencer, just like most of them
I cannot believe she was going to profit off of this before the backlash just wow

• Heart
Reactions: 23
As someone who went to an 'underfunded state school' I find her defensive statement so bizarre. It's like saying 'hello poor people let me help you remember this thing that you clearly don't remember enough'. And how much was she paid, if she's talking about setting up memorials in multiple schools? The whole thing stinks.

Reactions: 37
I don’t wanna bash her too hard but like, just because its an underfunded school doesn’t mean they’re suddenly cutting out history classes on the holocaust to save money? Like why does she think that these schools aren’t educating their students, they follow a national curriculum.
Gives me private school girl selflessly going to educate the ignorant holocaust denying unwashed state school masses

Reactions: 43
Also, the point of a memorial would be lost if it didn't come with lessons, assemblies etc about the Holocaust in the schools, which I bet Ruby isn't going to provide. She really needs to accept that she doesn't know best about this and let a dedicated charity decide how best to spend the money.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Also, the point of a memorial would be lost if it didn't come with lessons, assemblies etc about the Holocaust in the schools, which I bet Ruby isn't going to provide. She really needs to accept that she doesn't know best about this and let a dedicated charity decide how best to spend the money.
Shes gonna plant a tree with a plaque on it with ‘holocaust memorial’ and her name underneath, put your house on it

Reactions: 18
Jesus bleeping Christ Ruby. Essentially earning money from the Holocaust is SO sickeningly wrong I don’t have the words, but it’s impressive that she’s actually managing to make things worse. It’s a miracle the hole she’s dug for herself hasn’t broken trough to Australia yet. Of course it’s nice for a school to have a memorial if they can afford it, but I’d have thought teaching quality (which is obviously massively impacted by funding) is going to be considerably more important when it comes to education about the Holocaust. Can you imagine being a school headteacher getting an email from Ruby going “hi I know you have no money for teaching staff, books, technology, but one of my insta followers told me your school is really poor, but I went to private school and so I know that the solution to your issues is to set up a memorial funded by wildly immoral advertising”. I mean bleeping hell, headteachers in all schools are under unbelievable pressure, does she genuinely think this is going to be in any way useful?? At all??? Why??? I think we all knew that she was pretty out of touch, but this is another level. How can one person actually be this stupid? She really has no clue...
Shes gonna plant a tree with a plaque on it with ‘holocaust memorial’ and her name underneath, put your house on it
Oh please no. Now you’ve said it, I bet it will say “donated by Ruby Granger” won’t it. I mean...duck Ruby, repeat after me, you do not know best. She’s got “white saviour” vibes all over her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Has anybody watches Ja'mie private school girl? Ruby wanting to help underfunded state schools has the same energy as Ja'mie when she took Kwami in

edit: the speech she makes 30 seconds in you can't tell me this isnt ruby

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.