Ruby Granger #4 Please sir, may I have some more (priviledge, playtime, and fake productivity)?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nothing in literature has shocked me as much as Mr. Aldridge's revelation as a villain since Hermione's change from an irritating little twerp to a good, well-rounded, polite and heroic character!
I AM LOVING IT. Poor Mr Aldridge had no choice but to follow the path of evil, tbh. After all the most terrible villains are often the good guys who have gone through so much suffering (Aka being in the presence of Erimentha) that they just go mad and fall in a dark pit of endless destruction.

Now I want Nathan to join Mr. Aldridge’s dark call for vengeance, build a Lego-cage for Erimentha and make. her. pay.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Cool! When did you go? I believe I went in a October 2016 :) I wish I could say the same but the weather was atrocious the day we were there and we went straight to the graveyard. I would love to go back one day and look around more.
Not OP, but it was so eerie when I went in April —it was hot and sunny. We always imagine the camps as cold and bleak but the summer would have been just as hard to bear.

Reactions: 1
Ooof, ‘underfunded state school’. I know that many are but perhaps it could have been phrased better?

• Sick
Reactions: 55
Chapter 9: Beth and co find an erimentha shaped voodoo doll in Mr Aldridges cupboard. Please give my man a break before he turns to the bottle

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Everyone was right at the ‘re-investing’ instead of ‘donating’.
I’m sorry but I’m done with this girl. There was no need to take the money POINT BLANK. I feel like she’s panicking from back lash and rightly so... funny how she didn’t address before the add.

• Sick
Reactions: 47
Well, the charity is still best placed to arrange memorials in schools? Is she just looking for something else to put on LinkedIn? She’s ridiculous.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Wow. This is all so unnecessary. There are charities whose exact job is to educate kids on the Holocaust by taking them on trips, arranging events, etc. How about she donates to one of those instead of half-assing something herself? Is it because she wouldn't be able to take any credit for it or profit in any way or get visibility?
I'm sorry but this whole thing is extremely suspicious.

Reactions: 46
"Hi Ruby, I'm in Year 10, in a crappy underfunded state school, I'd love to pair with you, sadly it will only be temporary as I'll be going off to have my 2nd baby, but my classmate will be returning from rehab real soon."

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Wow. This is all so unnecessary. There are charities whose exact job is to educate kids on the Holocaust by taking them on trips, arranging events, etc. How about she donates to one of those instead of half-assing something herself?
Yes ... I can see this going a bit wrong. Equally what is Ruby’s qualification to decide who gets the funding, and for what?

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Yes ... I can see this going a bit wrong. Equally what is Ruby’s qualification to decide who gets the funding, and for what?
And why would a school want to work with her on this? Her only qualification is that she has a bunch of subscribers. She isn't even a History student.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Would you be able to set up a permanent memorial in a comprehensive anyway? Correct me If I'm wrong but if it's going to be there forever not just a poster on a wall or something wouldn't the council or another governing body have to give it the go ahead, I went to a state school and I don't think they'd have let me give them some money for a memorial or something similar

Reactions: 18
Wow. This is all so unnecessary. There are charities whose exact job is to educate kids on the Holocaust by taking them on trips, arranging events, etc. How about she donates to one of those instead of half-assing something herself? Is it because she wouldn't be able to take any credit for it or profit in any way or get visibility?
I mean she can’t even manage a Facebook book club. She’s full of tit man

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Sorry but on what authority?? She’s not Jewish, no Jewish ancestry as far as we know, has never shown any particular interest in this before (that I remember)?

Oh wait, she’s doing a module as part of her LITERATURE degree so must know everything about how to approach this subject in a range of education contexts, this is of course building on her experience working with state schools and educational leaders with a specific emphasis to spread the word about the horrors of the holocaust... oh wait 🙄

YouTubers do this all the time. They do some reading then think they’re an expert on the subject. If she was setting up a huge project or drive or hashtag or charity I’d get it but this is RANDOM

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
I’m sorry but I’m done with this girl. There was no need to take the money POINT BLANK. I feel like she’s panicking from back lash and rightly so... funny how she didn’t address before the add.
That's the impression I got as well. There are charities much better suited to education surrounding the Holocaust. It sounds like she plans on multiple memorials - how much was she paid?!

I went to a state school that ended up losing pretty much all of their money while I was there - we had contact hours for our lessons cut short, no trips of any kind and definitely no speakers coming in. Not to say memorials aren't important, but a charity would be much better suited to this than a very privileged and tone deaf influencer.
Would you be able to set up a permanent memorial in a comprehensive anyway? Correct me If I'm wrong but if it's going to be there forever not just a poster on a wall or something wouldn't the council or another governing body have to give it the go ahead, I went to a state school and I don't think they'd have let me give them some money for a memorial or something similar
We had one memorial for a 6th former who was murdered, but other than that I can't imagine my school doing this.

Reactions: 14
I mean she can’t even manage a Facebook book club. She’s full of tit man
Exactlyy this is driving me insane. Girl, let people who know what they're doing use your money.
It's so clear she doesn't care about doing a good thing. Otherwise, she'd just donate it and post a receipt or something. But she wouldn't be able to add it to her LinkedIn in that case.

Reactions: 14
Anyone else getting the feeling that this is something to do with Ruby’s end-of-module assessment for her Holocaust course?

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
Also things like that won't matter in schools, especially not underfunded state schools. It's a nice idea but like, my secondary school could barely afford a second exercise book for us if we finished our first and most of our classrooms were in demountable caravans, money would be better invested on learning resources than statues or plaques saying that the school is committed to remembering the Holocaust.

Reactions: 30
Silly question, why can't the Trust themselves invest the money into schools, why does the money need to go via a 3rd party like Ruby?

ETA:
By accepting the money she's made a rod for her back because now she has to do a performative task of proving the money has been 'reinvested'. If she had declined the money and simply said 'We remember those who died so cruelly in the Holocaust' then she could carry on. Because she accepted the money she now has a dent in her reputation and also now has to be seen to do something about it.

This is where influencers get caught up because they are greedy. The Trust wouldn't know her bank details without her providing them so she brought this on herself.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.