Ruby Granger #4 Please sir, may I have some more (priviledge, playtime, and fake productivity)?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely she's not allowed to read Anne Frank's diary, per "Erimentha's" rules, as it has some quite frank discussions of her sexual desire in it and, particularly taboo for the time, being attracted to other girls.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
As long as she doesn't do an Anne Frank morning routine
You have called it into the world. First rule of urban legends: Don’t call it into being. Don’t invite it in. I’m holding you responsible for whatever ensues.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
I don't think she would have to mark the post as an ad if she didn't get something in return, right? It seems gross to take money to promote such a cause, she could have just posted about it without getting anything for it

Reactions: 11
For someone doing a module on Holocaust Studies, Ruby is making a LOT of blunders in this area. First "the New Yorker journalist Hannah Ardent", now accepting money for Holocaust Memorial Day...

Reactions: 18
Hi! long time lurker here
I've just seen her last ig stories about Holocaust Memorial Day... and i wanted to share my thoughts about Ruby.

The more colabs I see her doing, the more she appears to me as greedy. Now, don't take me wrong, I know that's her job. But I can't stop thinking about all that times she has remarked her module choice this term. What a coincidence.
I mean, I don't see her anymore as a naive girl. She clearly wants us to think that she is childish, modest, kind etc, but she is very aware of what she is sharing (that washing hands ad allegedly paid by nhs; those pics showing her cold and light meals, etc) and when to say certain things (those MissPatina casual comments and weeks later: "wow, they sent me these clothes!"). Everything she is doing has a purpose, mainly a economic, materialistic one. Even her "kindness values" have given her revenues through that """"kindness journal""". She has demonstrate that the only moral principle she follows is 💰.

And still selling that mediocre fanfic of herself indicates the same, as @Satisfying Click is wonderfully commenting.

Sorry in advance for any errors, English is not my first language.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Not Ruby doing an ad for Holocaust Memorial Day. For duck’s sake. Hope she won’t wear striped pijamas next time she goes frolicking in the snow.

Reactions: 21
Hi! long time lurker here
I've just seen her last ig stories about Holocaust Memorial Day... and i wanted to share my thoughts about Ruby.

The more colabs I see her doing, the more she appears to me as greedy. Now, don't take me wrong, I know that's her job. But I can't stop thinking about all that times she has remarked her module choice this term. What a coincidence.
I mean, I don't see her anymore as a naive girl. She clearly wants us to think that she is childish, modest, kind etc, but she is very aware of what she is sharing (that washing hands ad allegedly paid by nhs; those pics showing her cold and light meals, etc) and when to say certain things (those MissPatina casual comments and weeks later: "wow, they sent me these clothes!"). Everything she is doing has a purpose, mainly a economic, materialistic one. Even her "kindness values" have given her revenues through that """"kindness journal""". She has demonstrate that the only moral principle she follows is 💰.

And still selling that mediocre fanfic of herself indicates the same, as @Satisfying Click is wonderfully commenting.

Sorry in advance for any errors, English is not my first language.
I completely agree. Underneath the wholesome persona is a mercenary streak. She doesn't strike me as a generous person.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I finally got around to watching her Victorian morning routine and I could honestly write an essay discussing it, but my favourite bit was when she used her essential oil because I honestly thought it was a bottle of poppers 😭😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I completely agree. Underneath the wholesome persona is a mercenary streak. She doesn't strike me as a generous person.
I can imagine her being quite a mean sister, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in their house when the camera isn't rolling. Martha strikes me as a loud energetic soul so I can see Ruby complaining to her mum about noise.

Reactions: 14
I need an exorcism, or an intervention, or something. Youtube just recommended me a cursed version of Hall of the Mountain King, and the culprit is either Ruby or this thread.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
If she was being sponsored (which is such a weird concept) she didn't even get the hashtag right that the Holocaust memorial day trust are using. It's #LightTheDarkness not #LightTheDark

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
god don’t give her ideas, she’d have her mum dressing up as Otto Frank to boot
I’ll bet a fiver to charity that on Wednesday we have an Anne Frank book-look complete with a Miss Patina gifted item or three and Ruby looking wistful in one of the attics at home ...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
All about that ✨Holocaust aesthetic✨

(I'm so sorry, even typing that made me feel dirty)

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Yes!! I loved that show!!
Ruby would have loved that 🤣

Off topic but I can’t be the only person hoping she watches bridgerton for the aesthetic only to get to episode 6 🤭
But that would require supporting romance novels and their content and she wouldn't be caught doing *that*. How undignified!

Reactions: 1
So some thoughts now I'm a quarter-ish of the way through the book. A lot of the negative reviews say it's written poorly. I don't think this is the case - the prose and structure seems ok to me, I think it's the fact that Erimentha just isn't a particularly likeable or relatable character, and Ruby needs to decide who her target audience will be; 9-12 age group seems like a better fit?

Do I want a sequal of Erimentha Parker goes to uni, gets a few piercings, a hangover and learns some humility? Hell yes!

I don't think Ruby moving back home did her any favours, I do think her parents indulge this 'childlike Ruby' a little too much. When she did a video on reflecting on her Oxbridge rejection, it was really insightful and mature, not a, "I'm SOOOO much better off without them!" defensive take like that Jade person.

Anyway...

Simone arrives with her dad and Erimentha meets them outside and starts examining his car.

"Is your family otherwise eco friendly?" I enquire, running my hand along the green car frame. "As in, do you use renewable energy sources to power your home?" Mr Randolph indulges her, rather than wondering why this peculiar little gnome is asking strange questions. Philippa Forrester of Robot Wars meets Greta Thunberg.

They talk about solar panels and her dad chuckles at his daughter in an, "Oh, aren't you adorable?" kind of way, rather than reprimanding her for asking another adult such personal questions about his home life.

Simone asks Erimentha if she can make the papier-mâché as she has an allergy to glue. Erimentha says they can use rubber gloves, she isn't doing all the grot work for this, and did her feeble-minded friend not think about gloves? She also points out to Simone that she's getting drips down her shirt. Erimentha begins to wonder whether it's possible that Simone's inhaling her IQ points in such close proximity. Simone goes on about her clumsiness and points out how 'together' Erimentha is.

Simone tells Erimentha that the water spilling incident was intentional and she should tell a teacher to nip it in the bud. Erimentha gaslights her, telling her it was an accident.

She knows Simone is not convinced, and says she, "can see the cogs turning underneath the marrow of her skull, beating against the blood flow and the electrical impulses of her cerebellum."

I'm convinced that Erimentha has decided that Simone is so intellectually sub-par, she's going to harvest her brain to experiment on
tenor.gif

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.