Ruby Granger #4 Please sir, may I have some more (priviledge, playtime, and fake productivity)?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are these 11 year old Erimentha's rules or Ruby's? :ROFLMAO:
So... who is going to tell her exactly where the 'inappropriate' parts start and end? Will she have to cleanse her eyes with holy water if she so much as strays into an explicit passage?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
this is honestly very strange.
also why are “parties” included with drugs and alcohol?? there’s nothing so inappropriate about having a good time 😂
Literally! Such a weird thing to include in the book. I read somewhere (I think on one of the previous Ruby threads on Tattle?) about how these rules sound a lot like Ruby is trying to parent herself and provide a feeling of childlike security and I think that's definitely true, especially because she seems so obsessed with returning to the innocence of childhood.

Reactions: 18
Are these 11 year old Erimentha's rules or Ruby's? :ROFLMAO:
Wait what’s the context here? Are these rules “Erimentha” has set up for herself? Or another character has done it for her?

What’s the obsession with control/order/restrictions about?!

Reactions: 10
Wait what’s the context here? Are these rules “Erimentha” has set up for herself? Or another character has done it for her?

What’s the obsession with control/order/restrictions about?!
Yes Erimentha set these rules for herself!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I don’t know how that fits in with Erimentha’s alleged reading of The Bell Jar then ...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I don’t know how that fits in with Erimentha’s alleged reading of The Bell Jar then ...
Or with Ruby's alleged reading of Call me by your name lmao

I'm assuming these are also basically the restrictions that Ruby follows, or used to follow, herself.
In that case, I wonder whether she only reads Victorian literature and children's books because she's intimidated by those more adult topics, or if she sets all these restrictions to herself because she's never read anything with those topics and she's afraid of straying out of her comfort zone.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Just been catching up on the thread (what a fun time) and have a few things to add! (Not gonna quote as there are too many)

I'm that person who knows someone who used to live in Ruby's halls, and yes, she apparently made noise complaints every other day 😂 So her complaining about noisy neighbours at the end of that video is entirely on brand!

I listened to some episodes of the wooden spoon when it first came out, and (iirc) I remember Ruby saying that a therapist told her that she displayed 'obsessive-compulsive tendencies'. She gave the example of excessive hand-washing as one of these tendencies. So I think it would be accurate to assume that she still struggles with this, and if this is the case I really do feel for her.

Also, just wanted to say that this thread CRACKS me up, I honestly couldn't stop laughing as I went through it 😂 Special shoutout to @Satisfying Click for the absolutely hilarious reviews - keep em coming! Cheers all for brightening up my Monday x

Reactions: 27
I don’t think anyone’s mentioned this yet but I follow ruby on goodreads and she’s just read the secret garden (for the first time!) her review is, unsurprisingly, extremely short and doesn’t really touch on Mary’s behaviour too much. Thought it was interesting as I know people here were wondering if she’d read it!
325981C2-8B00-4DB2-B39A-BFF12B9152E0.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I don’t think anyone’s mentioned this yet but I follow ruby on goodreads and she’s just read the secret garden (for the first time!) her review is, unsurprisingly, extremely short and doesn’t really touch on Mary’s behaviour too much. Thought it was interesting as I know people here were wondering if she’d read it!View attachment 402789
I literally mentioned this book the other day! As did another poster. She obviously reads here. I’m surprised she hadn’t read it before.

Reactions: 4
Tbh I find her food instagram concerning. Obviously it depends one what you eat in the rest of the day, but this for lunch? 20 spinach leaves, couple of olives and mushroms, few slices of avocado and some seeds? Some of the other ones aren’t too bad but like some of her meals are tiny, also I don’t want to trigger anyone who might have an ED so I don’t recommend viewing it if you are struggling with an ED
I'm vegan and this is the saddest bleeping salad I've ever seen and I've had some really pathetic salads served to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I'm vegan and this is the saddest bleeping salad I've ever seen and I've had some really pathetic salads served to me.
plant based here too and I’d like to add that there’s no way she won’t be starving two hours after eating that meal

However, I think she mostly drinks tea not necessarily as a calorie restriction but because of the aesthetic / cozy / dark academia / cottagecore inspiring quotes which always mention it

Reactions: 8
omg I totally produced cringeworthy writings that I thought were close literary approximations as a teen. Almost feel sorry for her that her fans have deluded her to thinking that Erimentha stuff is any good as opposed to scrubbed from the internet...I would be really impressed if she critiqued that first effort of hers maybe she'll get there when she is close to finishing her degree

Reactions: 10
For someone as boring as Ruby this thread moves surprisingly fast🤣

I was going to mention this too! Is there a reason Ruby is still in the ‘quieter threads’ section? We’ve got through 22 pages in a couple of days - her thread moves much quicker than someone like Molly, Eve or Jade, and they’re all just in ‘influencers’. Is it because of the content that Ruby makes?

Reactions: 7
I was going to mention this too! Is there a reason Ruby is still in the ‘quieter threads’ section? We’ve got through 22 pages in a couple of days - her thread moves much quicker than someone like Molly, Eve or Jade, and they’re all just in ‘influencers’. Is it because of the content that Ruby makes?
Tbh its mainly the book thats been discussed recently which is why its gone so fast, a lot of people haven’t read it and we’ve just been discovering the full extent of how bad it is hahaha, hence all the posts

Reactions: 8
The weird thing about Ruby is that she does read some 'adult' books- she recently reviewed and liked 'on earth we're briefly gorgeous' by Ocean Vuong. She also read The Wasp Factory and Slaughterhouse Five last year. I agree that most of her reading seems to be children's books but I do think there is a side to her that enjoys the 'edgier' books. But it doesn't fit with her brand...

Reactions: 12
The weird thing about Ruby is that she does read some 'adult' books- she recently reviewed and liked 'on earth we're briefly gorgeous' by Ocean Vuong. She also read The Wasp Factory and Slaughterhouse Five last year. I agree that most of her reading seems to be children's books but I do think there is a side to her that enjoys the 'edgier' books. But it doesn't fit with her brand...
The other day I was looking through her GoodReads for some reading suggestions but I couldn't find anything interesting (and I am the same age as Ruby). It was all either stuff she read for uni or children's books or YA novels. I didn't think she literally only read these kinds of books but apparently she does.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.