Ruby Granger #4 Please sir, may I have some more (priviledge, playtime, and fake productivity)?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Recap cont:

-continues to value quantity over quality
-greatly exaggerates the number of books she reads by inflating the numbers with re-reads, children's books and partly-read texts
-never strays far from her comfort zone and has daddy tracking her location
-has superficial understanding of the things she reads and only engaging with the text on a "liked-didn't like" spectrum
Sorry to bring back an old message, I've watched Ruby for years but I'm new to this site and I deleted insta and all that last year so I'm out of the loop on a few things. Can someone tell me more about how her dad tracks her? What do you mean by that?

Reactions: 2
Sorry to bring back an old message, I've watched Ruby for years but I'm new to this site and I deleted insta and all that last year so I'm out of the loop on a few things. Can someone tell me more about how her dad tracks her? What do you mean by that?
In her morning routine video she was getting ready for an early walk and in the text on screen she said she takes her phone with her so her dad can track her location

Reactions: 4
This is going to sound weird af but I sort of hope her next book is a sequel: Erimentha Parker’s To Do List 2.0: Going Off to Uni

‘Chronic overachiever Erimentha Parker is off to university! Having been Head Girl and gotten all A*s at A levels she thinks she’s fully prepared for what her prestigious university has to offer and is excited to start this new journey of her life. She is off to a great start having met some lovely new friends to go to the bookshop with and even joined the anti-bullying society but she quickly discovers uni isn’t quite what she pictured it to be – her noisy flatmates aren’t always the most considerate of her important needs and her lecturers aren’t easily impressed with her having memorised the text within the first week of classes. In this addition, an 18 year old Erimentha struggles with growing up, adjusting to a new environment, and overcoming her destructive perfectionism and need to be the Best of the Best in her first year of university.’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I can't help but think she drinks a lot of tea to suppress her appetite. Its not unusual for people with ED to try and use liquids to replace food, and if that's what she is doing then its very concerning

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I can't help but think she drinks a lot of tea to suppress her appetite. Its not unusual for people with ED to try and use liquids to replace food, and if that's what she is doing then its very concerning
It's possible. But I always put it down to her trying to be "exceptionally British" for her videos.

Reactions: 10
Tbh I find her food instagram concerning. Obviously it depends one what you eat in the rest of the day, but this for lunch? 20 spinach leaves, couple of olives and mushroms, few slices of avocado and some seeds? Some of the other ones aren’t too bad but like some of her meals are tiny, also I don’t want to trigger anyone who might have an ED so I don’t recommend viewing it if you are struggling with an ED
DA8AB369-1498-4EEB-A90D-7AED258FE3AC.jpeg

Reactions: 8
Tbh I find her food instagram concerning. Obviously it depends one what you eat in the rest of the day, but this for lunch? 20 spinach leaves, couple of olives and mushroms, few slices of avocado and some seeds? Some of the other ones aren’t too bad but like some of her meals are tiny, also I don’t want to trigger anyone who might have an ED so I don’t recommend viewing it if you are struggling with an ED
It's a pretty sad plate too tbh. Like I love vegetables and plant-based meals and I am very vegan-curious lol but that just looks like a (tiny) pile of grass. Not appetizing at all. And where is the protein?

Reactions: 13
I’ve always thought she’s one of those non experimental vegans who just eats bland and boring food. Will never forget her eating a dry af crumpet for dinner sometime in one of her uni blogs. I think her parents really need to sit down and have a word with her, especially if she’s posting her sorry looking food online for her younger viewers to see.

Reactions: 16
Yeah that's more of a snack than a substantial lunch. It worries me that a women like this use veganism as a cover to eat a restrictive diet. As someone said above, all that tea behaves more like a way of staying full

Reactions: 7
Having lurked on certain sites where people post pictures of their meals, I can say with certainty that her salad is pretty sad even for disordered eating. I hope she’s just doing this for attention (she does a lot of things for attention and to be ✨different✨ lol) and eats substantially more off camera, because restricting to this extent will have an effect on her brain. She’s already got insomnia, possibly limited ability to concentrate (judging from the way she needs to break up all her work into tiny units that she can tick off one by one), without sufficient macronutrients her brain isn’t going to function at full capacity and all that nice education will be a waste of her time and money.

Reactions: 14
Ruby has a playlist on her channel called 'Hermione Granger tutorials' and I've gotten through 7 of the videos so far and am slowly dying of the second hand embarrassment.

In her how to be like Hermione at school video, she talks a lot about getting to know your teachers inside and out and I can see how maybe she centralised all of the ideas she talks about in this video and that's why her uni experience is a bit weird to watch - imo it definitely feels like some of the 'tips' she shares (using examples mostly from Hermione's first year, of course) she still upholds when comparing them to her daily routine videos now.
I looked through the playlist and most of these were made when she was like 15/16?? I can understand videos like that from someone younger or even just cosplaying videos from someone her age but the routines etc seem super immature

Reactions: 5
This girl managed to do with one Hermione video what Ruby could never dream of achieving.
Yes, Ruby has a bunch more subscribers, good for her, but seriously, just compare the energy and, in the end, the message.

Reactions: 7
i find it so odd that ruby doesn’t seem to fully understand that, in all the books with the characters that she worships (Hermione, Anne of Green Gables), they are written to be v annoying at first because they are know-it-alls, and they eventually learn to let go of constantly using big words and wanting to sound smarter than everyone else and develop their social skills (not saying everyone has to be extroverted, they mostly learn to sound less condescending), which makes them more likeable to the reader

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Yeah that's more of a snack than a substantial lunch. It worries me that a women like this use veganism as a cover to eat a restrictive diet. As someone said above, all that tea behaves more like a way of staying full
True, my HS classmate once told me she developed an ED and then went vegan for the animals AND the handy "excuse" to restrict even more 🙁 She is doing okay now! I wonder whether this is that case as well... I mean everyone could be full from different size portions but hers always look tiny and are rarely cooked or baked, always a lot of fresh veggies, but a little of other stuff. Maybe this is just a cultural thing, but our lunches here are always soup and a second course. Salads are snacks. That's always enough for me and I'm not shooing the stomach grumbling away with cups of tea later.

I’ve always thought she’s one of those non experimental vegans who just eats bland and boring food. Will never forget her eating a dry af crumpet for dinner sometime in one of her uni blogs.
Agree. She is always at home, spending a bit more time by the stove instead of mixing a salad is less productive?

Reactions: 1
True, my HS classmate once told me she developed an ED and then went vegan for the animals AND the handy "excuse" to restrict even more 🙁 She is doing okay now! I wonder whether this is that case as well... I mean everyone could be full from different size portions but hers always look tiny and are rarely cooked or baked, always a lot of fresh veggies, but a little of other stuff. Maybe this is just a cultural thing, but our lunches here are always soup and a second course. Salads are snacks. That's always enough for me and I'm not shooing the stomach grumbling away with cups of tea later.

Agree. She is always at home, spending a bit more time by the stove instead of mixing a salad is less productive?
Exactly idc what anyone says, a bowl of leaves isn’t a meal (unless you’re adding a decent amount of protein, fats and some carbs with it). Even if you’re someone who is overweight and is losing weight for health reasons, you can’t be eating a meal like that on a regular basis.

Reactions: 9

Salads can be really filling but her salads honestly look like something I'd eat as a side dish, alongside something else. No way I'm full after eating a handful of leaves and three pieces of avocado.

Reactions: 10
I just saw on her instagram she's starting to use protein powder. Generally that's something I associate with sports nutrition, which I'm assuming isn't the reason she's using it. I'm massively concerned by this, protein powder can be used for weight loss by decreasing your appetite, and honestly I can't see her using it for another reason - it's not like she's super athletic or trying out bodybuilding...

Reactions: 12
I just saw on her instagram she's starting to use protein powder. Generally that's something I associate with sports nutrition, which I'm assuming isn't the reason she's using it. I'm massively concerned by this, protein powder can be used for weight loss by decreasing your appetite, and honestly I can't see her using it for another reason - it's not like she's super athletic or trying out bodybuilding...
Maybe it's a sponsorship? Either way, super weird. Aren't those powders pretty expensive too? Maybe start eating some legumes or tofu or some kind of protein and make larger portions instead of using that stuff?

Reactions: 4
She's probably just realised that she's not getting enough protein in her diet. I personally think her showing off her meagre meals is just her trying to show how "disciplined" she is and it also adds to her whole victorian aesthetic. If she was eating as little as she claims then she'd be constantly losing weight. You can't continually under-eat yet stay the same size.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.