Ruby Granger #36 Pumpkin Bread Activity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't believe she actually doesn't know how to pronounce aurora borealis and doesn't care enough to look it up? English is not my native language and it's still ridiculous to me. I can't imagine not knowing something so basic in my own language and happily broadcasting it for everyone to see šŸ˜­
One of her most annoying traits. Itā€™s just pure laziness. Whenever I donā€™t know how to pronounce a word/name I look it up, it takes a minute in google. Even more so I would look it up if I was broadcasting it to people. People will correct her and sheā€™ll hit back with the passive aggressive ā€˜itā€™s jussst my accent! Or I didnā€™t know!!ā€™šŸ™„

Reactions: 12
I'm in my early 30s and I still love stationery and still collect nice notebooks, notepads etc. I don't see anything wrong with it. None of the things Ruby likes is problematic on their own, it's the way she approaches this stuff and turns them into her entire identity and uses them as a way to put a wall between herself and the real world. If she likes stationery because it gives her pleasure to take note with pretty or expensive pens or notepads, so be it. But the way she buys and keeps this amount of stuff and never even touches a single one in a useful way is quite irritating, it's almost like a safety blanket. She has an issue with hoarding, she also showed it with that massive pile of childhood and teenager clothes she kept in the landing area wardrobes (why is this even a thing). I think not being able to declutter or throw away/donate useless thing is a major problem in their entire household. Her mother gives me the vibe that she finds all this mess 'quirky' and 'full of character'.
I agree with this, but have even more thoughts on it. I also collect stationary, pens, markers, stickers, planners, washi tape, etc.. But I have no need to take a picture of them or show them off to anyone. Now, if I had a crafting or planner YouTube channel or social media of sorts, it would fit in quite nicely and make sense. They show what they have, how they store it, which ones they recommend or which ones they don't care for and why. I've watched and enjoyed a lot of these kind of videos. But that is their niche. It isn't hers. She hasn't got one anymore. She isn't a study tuber. She isn't a book tuber. She isn't a planner/crafter/adult colouring booker either. She isn't what I consider cottage core or dark or light academia or anything, really. She isn't a fashionista or beauty guru. She doesn't fit in any category. Just some weird adult woman showing off the things she keeps in drawers which, yes, is what young pre-teens do. Not post grads who ought to be busy in the working world, too busy to be showing off their desk and bedroom at their parent's rented part of a house like an 11 year old. And yes, her mother definitely feeds this behavior and that just makes this whole family all the more cringe to me. Like I said in a previous post, this is so much like my cousin's situation, only now she is 50, 1 parent dead, 1 in a nursing home. And she has nothing, no job, no friends, no spouse, not even a college degree. She acts just like Ruby and it is bizarre beyond belief. It certainly won't end well for her. And it won't end well for Ruby either. Her parents are not doing her any favours.

Reactions: 10
Erimentha Parker Chapter 20:

Plot -
- Ruby goes to a PE class. She arrives before the class and the teacher and praises Ruby because she can get dressed quickly and gives her a house point. Even though it is only September the girls are shivering and their fingers are frozen.
- The teacher tells them to play around the world tennis and Ruby loudly tells everyone she knows how to play. She gets to go first and does a near perfect serve (because why would she do anything other than perfect).
- Kimberly and Ally tease Ruby for acting better than them all by bragging for being the first dressed and knowing how to play the tennis game. They continue to tease her, saying she has no friends while Ruby has her second go which is a "particularly tricky back-hand" that gains her praise from the teacher who seems to hate all of the other students.
- Kimberly lets Ruby know she has her own internet fan page and offers to give Ruby the hyperlink on her post-it note pad.
- Kimberly jokes about being Ruby's best friend and grabbing her arm. Ruby tells her to leave her alone
- Ruby gets hit in the head by a tennis ball and dramatically lowers herself to the ground. Ruby asks for her Mum. Sister Lizzie the nurse tells her that her mum is coming to take her to A&E (clearly we went to different schools as in my secondary school you would be lucky if they gave you a wet paper towel. Would usually just get told to stop complaining and get on with it.
- Ruby gets taken to the infirmary in a wheelchair while June is used as her servant and asked to get her things from the changing room.
- Ruby goes to A&E (now you know why it takes hours to be seen) and her mum has managed to bring Ruby's "Emergency Hospital Supply Kit" which contains spare clothes, pyjamas, spare underwear, toiletries, Charlotte, Sometimes the book, The origins of species book ,a notepad and pen (If I was clerking someone in the ED who was reading the origins of species and had brought an entire box of hospital supplies I would tell them to go home)
- The doctor is very impressed with Ruby's medical knowledge and asks her if she wants to be a doctor. Ruby replies saying she is considering medicine, politics, environmental conservation or teaching English. (I would legit cry if I had to do a hospital ward round with Dr Ruby)

Quotes -
- "The sun is watery amongst Byron's "cloudless climes" (this has a footnote for some reason) and warms my scalp as though it were once again August"
- "It is queer that barely a month ago there was a hose pipe ban; that barely a month ago, I wasn't scared to walk down school corridors by myself"
"Melody's teeth are chattering as she tries to revert her body temperature back to thirty seven degrees Celsius".
- "I agree loudly, my voice momentarily piercing the birdsong"
- "I am first and my serve, if I do say so myself, is nearly perfect"
- "For a millisecond, my head feels heavy. Like someone has filled it with paperweights. And I wonder how I've managed to keep this weight propped up on my shoulders. And then everything goes white".
- "One middle-aged man seems to have a broken arm - at least that is what I can infer from the deep bruising around the ulna bone. I am tempted to ask but he looks as though he is in rather enough agony" (I really was not prepared for how much i would be reminded of working in Orthopaedic surgery by this book)
- When in A&E talking to the doctor - "I thank her and she thanks me, complimentarily telling me that I am one of the most medically informed children she's met"

• Haha
Reactions: 28
- Ruby gets hit in the head by a tennis ball and dramatically lowers herself to the ground. Ruby asks for her Mum. Sister Lizzie the nurse tells her that her mum is coming to take her to A&E (clearly we went to different schools as in my secondary school you would be lucky if they gave you a wet paper towel. Would usually just get told to stop complaining and get on with it.
- Ruby gets taken to the infirmary in a wheelchair while June is used as her servant and asked to get her things from the changing room.
- Ruby goes to A&E ..
Whoever hit the ball at Ruby's head must've had a stronger forehand than Nadal. I've seen him accidentally hit a ball kid a couple of times and the ball kid just got back on with the job.

- When in A&E talking to the doctor - "I thank her and she thanks me, complimentarily telling me that I am one of the most medically informed children she's met"

I bet she just LOVED writing that about herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Yknow that quote that makes the rounds on social media along the lines of ā€œwhy are you lacking confidence in yourself when somebody with half your skill is out there doing it with twice as much confidence?ā€ - I think of that every time I read these excerpts.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Erimentha Parker Chapter 20:

Quotes -
- "The sun is watery amongst Byron's "cloudless climes" (this has a footnote for some reason) and warms my scalp as though it were once again August"
- "It is queer that barely a month ago there was a hose pipe ban; that barely a month ago, I wasn't scared to walk down school corridors by myself"
"Melody's teeth are chattering as she tries to revert her body temperature back to thirty seven degrees Celsius".
- "I agree loudly, my voice momentarily piercing the birdsong"
- "I am first and my serve, if I do say so myself, is nearly perfect"
- "For a millisecond, my head feels heavy. Like someone has filled it with paperweights. And I wonder how I've managed to keep this weight propped up on my shoulders. And then everything goes white".
- "One middle-aged man seems to have a broken arm - at least that is what I can infer from the deep bruising around the ulna bone. I am tempted to ask but he looks as though he is in rather enough agony" (I really was not prepared for how much i would be reminded of working in Orthopaedic surgery by this book)
Ruby thought she was being cheeky with that cloudless climes reference but it's the cringiest thing I've ever read.

It's a reference to Lord Byron's "She Walks in Beauty" poem:

"She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
..."
Wow Ruby, you're so clever for making an unrelated Byron reference for a character named Byron, how child prodigy of you! I've never seen anything like it!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Out of curiosity I typed ā€œErimenthaā€ into the Reddit search bar to see if anybody talked about it on there. I found one post, and it absolutely sums it up.

02C1FDAC-9091-4A38-8332-67258067C2DB.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 44
When in A&E talking to the doctor - "I thank her and she thanks me, complimentarily telling me that I am one of the most medically informed children she's met"
Not once has a doctor in history ever said anything like this whatsoeveršŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I really wish her old classmates came here and shared if she actually behaved like thatšŸ˜­ At the same time she did write and publish that book so it is very likely given her lack of self awareness.

Reactions: 19
gossip guy pointed out that Ruby couldn't possibly have got changed and done all that running before hand unless she either cut class or was wearing her PE kit under her clothes "like some kind of spoilt, narcissistic Clark Kent". My vote is for the second. Or else she's overstating her running accomplishments...

There was yet another dig in this chapter at "her peers" when Ruby sneeringly described hearing their "meaningless talk of weekend plans and television shows." The same Ruby who said it was bullying to make fun of someone's love of books.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Thing is too her peers probably had much more insightful things to say about their favourite tv shows or weekend plans than the way she waffles emptily about books sheā€™s pretended to read. That attitude would still be insufferable if she actually had read those books and had something worthwhile to say about them, but the fact that her reviews amount to a paragraph of words she doesnā€™t know the meaning of awkwardly cobbled together while still thinking herself superior is, uh, a lot.

gossip guy pointed out that Ruby couldn't possibly have got changed and done all that running before hand unless she either cut class or was wearing her PE kit under her clothes "like some kind of spoilt, narcissistic Clark Kent". My vote is for the second. Or else she's overstating her running accomplishments...

There was yet another dig in this chapter at "her peers" when Ruby sneeringly described hearing their "meaningless talk of weekend plans and television shows." The same Ruby who said it was bullying to make fun of someone's love of books.
I also need to know just how big Erimentha's bag is if Ruby expected readers to believe she can somehow cart around an entire spare uniform, a full PE kit, all her planners, books, stationary supplies, etc. in a regular school bag.

And the funniest thing is that Ruby lies about doing this herself; there's been many videos where she claims to AWHLWHEYS take stacks of books, attack alarms, water bottles, giant stationery kits, gifted snack bars, the entire range of PUNKY PLODDINGTREE products, post-it notes, backup planners, spare jumpers, etc., then claims she also puts huge binders of old schoolwork in there, all in one standard-sized KĆ„nken.

Whoever hit the ball at Ruby's head must've had a stronger forehand than Nadal. I've seen him accidentally hit a ball kid a couple of times and the ball kid just got back on with the job.
Footage of Erimentha getting "knocked unconscious" in PE.

7Rcrh.gif

Erimentha totally took a dive to play the victim.

• Haha
I also need to know just how big Erimentha's bag is if Ruby expected readers to believe she can somehow cart around an entire spare uniform, a full PE kit, all her planners, books, stationary supplies, etc. in a regular school bag.

And the funniest thing is that Ruby lies about doing this herself; there's been many videos where she claims to AWHLWHEYS take stacks of books, attack alarms, water bottles, giant stationery kits, gifted snack bars, the entire range of PUNKY PLODDINGTREE products, post-it notes, backup planners, spare jumpers, etc., then claims she also puts huge binders of old schoolwork in there, all in one standard-sized KĆ„nken.
Mother Granger with a huge wheelbarrow following Erimentha just out of sight?

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Footage of Erimentha getting "knocked unconscious" in PE.

View attachment 2007334

Erimentha totally took a dive to play the victim.
šŸ¤£ lol tbh Erimentha seems like the type to take a dive like that in PE. Every class has one.

Her bag must have some kind of Mary Poppins carpet bag type situation going on.
---
Not once has a doctor in history ever said anything like this whatsoeveršŸ˜‚
I'm surprised the doctor didn't take her around A&E and have her re-set some bones and suture up some wounds.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Mother Granger with a huge wheelbarrow following Erimentha just out of sight?
Confirmed:

4928 copy - Copy.png

(Not pictured: Ruby, who has apparently been running laps of the school for 3 hours before all the other students had even woken up.)

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I'm gonna need everyone to stop dissing marinara pizza, it's delicious šŸ˜… it's my go to if I don't feel hungry enough for a margarita šŸ˜…
I know, I actually love them! Ok, if you're at a bad pizza place and the sauce sucks they're depressing, but at a decent Italian place they'll make an amazing sauce and drizzle olive oil with garlic and basil all over it - it's simple but can be amazing if effort is put into the ingredients imo. Besides, the dough is so substantial that you don't want to put too many toppings on, or it's too heavy :/

Reactions: 5
I'm picturing it like those magicians' tricks where they keep pulling items from a regular-sized hat.

Wow. Imagine calling everyone's weekend plans 'meaningless' and then wondering why you have no friends. And I'm still not over Rubimentha taking Origin of Species into A&E. Yeah right, good luck reading that with concussion. šŸ˜…

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I still can't believe she wrote and self published an entire book to pat her own back for being a condescending, arrogant, insufferable, hateful little tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I still can't believe she wrote and self published an entire book to pat her own back for being a condescending, arrogant, insufferable, hateful little tit.
It's the online popular fake bookworm version of the self insert OC in fanfictions I guess? Except she made money of it.

Reactions: 2
I think someone said it on here quite recently, but I've been thinking about it a bit more: Ruby has no real brand anymore. Its not StudyTube, its not BookTube, she seems to be moving away from 'productivity'. She is sort of just vlogging bits of her life at the moment. Her life is quite boring so she doesn't have much to show or tell. If she does get in to Oxford for Masters, I doubt she will have time for YT. And who exactly is her target audience?

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.