Ruby Granger #36 Pumpkin Bread Activity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also it is quite bizarre how often she talks about anatomical stuff like cerebrum, spinal vertebrae, epiglottis etc. I think it is just her attempt to sound intellectual but it just gives off serial killer vibes
Did a pathologist write this story? 😅 It's giving me the ick.

I am an intellectual, but at the same time I am not very clever.”
Ruby Granger #37 I am an intellectual, but at the same time I am not very clever

• Haha
Reactions: 32
It's an academic application and English lit is not a vocational degree, they don't care if you come across as 'sheltered' or if you haven't had a real job before. Lots of people who do masters/phds have never worked a day in their lives (especially in subjects like English where most students are wealthy - most working class undergrad English students don't have the privilege of forking out to do a masters in a subject with so few career prospects).
They care that you have a good undergraduate transcript, letters of recommendation, decent writing skills and potential to succeed. Ruby was more than capable of cobbling together essays made up of other peoples ideas to convince Exeter lecturers to give her firsts, so there's really no reason why she wouldn't also convince Oxford to let her in. Her little side projects she's done over her gap yah are only filler to bulk up her application and for her to show she has an interest.
Would they not be looking at her CV and general work/academic history as an indication of what kind of candidate she is, though? (Genuine question, I have no history with Oxford admissions.) I assume there's a reason they ask for a CV as part of the supporting documents for non-vocational degrees as well, especially if she's likely to be highlighting "work" roles in her personal statement to try to boost her chances.

She also had the benefit of Exeter's well-publicised grade inflation on her side there. If the essays and writing she's shown are any indication of what she'll be offering up as her academic samples and proposal, I'd be shocked if she managed to bullshit her way past Oxford admissions with that kind of crap. I'm guessing at post-grad there's much more value placed on original proposals instead of rehashed ideas that have been explored countless times in academic research, which has never been her strong suit, so I'm not optimistic about her chances.

But maybe that's why she's off skiing, to celebrate her acceptance and "accidentally" nudge Martha off a mountain to come home an only child.

Reactions: 19
Does she seriously think she's kidding anyone by choosing the cheaper pair of what is inherently a luxury item? 😭

Reactions: 21
Unless it’s changed, Oxford uses the Banner system behind the scenes for admissions and student progression which is an enormous database that holds ALL the information relating to a student as they progress through the student lifecycle at the University.

This means that every time she applies it will add to her record in the system. Even if she used a different email address, there are people employed to literally match student records already in the system. They’ll have a full picture of her application history across all Oxford colleges at both UG and PG levels.
Please someone keep me right, I’m an undergrad currently and have never applied for a masters. Do you apply for masters programmes via UCAS too?

Reactions: 2
Let’s take a moment to appreciate the pretentious way she titles her journal entries

90B07B12-5CFE-47B3-BFFC-03494EC1B0E2.jpeg
83A125D4-9B08-4775-B38F-D151418DD331.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Please someone keep me right, I’m an undergrad currently and have never applied for a masters. Do you apply for masters programmes via UCAS too?
No UCAS - you apply directly to the universities and pay a fee of around £75 per application

Reactions: 9
No UCAS - you apply directly to the universities and pay a fee of around £75 per application
Ooooh I see! That clears things up for me, thank you. I always assumed it was through UCAS and so the application transcript would be visible through that.

Reactions: 5
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I've gone from a scathing response to a pity response with respect to Rubes books. It's all so pitiful. If the character Erimentha mirrors Ruby's own character, reflects her own thought process and represents experiences or interactions she had then my main emotion towards her is, as I wrote here, pity. It's all so pathetic on so many many levels

Reactions: 10
Ooooh I see! That clears things up for me, thank you. I always assumed it was through UCAS and so the application transcript would be visible through that.
No, Postgrad application info will be input into the uni records systems manually rather than via bulk upload from UCAS. Ruby’s UG and PG applications should all be visible in her record in the Oxford system

Reactions: 3
I've gone from a scathing response to a pity response with respect to Rubes books. It's all so pitiful. If the character Erimentha mirrors Ruby's own character, reflects her own thought process and represents experiences or interactions she had then my main emotion towards her is, as I wrote here, pity. It's all so pathetic on so many many levels
I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned earlier in the thread. I read the latest summary and thought to myself how much more sympathetic Erimethuby would be if she were given a backstory or a reason for why she was so condescending, detached, defensive and arrogant- maybe overbearing parents who'd constantly put her down, so she'd use an inflated sense of self as a coping mechanism. But now it's pretty clear that this whole thing was a self congratulatory vanity project. Even the bully shows great character development ffs, but Rube still thinks herself to be perfect and totally in the right. She's completely unrelatable because there are no lessons learnt along the way, and no sign of being a healthy, well-adjusted student. And it's pretty much the same with Ruby herself.

Reactions: 18
If she does get in I hope she leaves her former Youtube acquaintance, Molly, alone, remember she had signs of an ED, signs of relapsing then deleted all her YouTube videos? I hope she is doing well. The last thing she needs is Roooobeeee asking to meet for ass-stetic matcha lattes, for content.

Reactions: 17
I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned earlier in the thread. I read the latest summary and thought to myself how much more sympathetic Erimethuby would be if she were given a backstory or a reason for why she was so condescending, detached, defensive and arrogant- maybe overbearing parents who'd constantly put her down, so she'd use an inflated sense of self as a coping mechanism. But now it's pretty clear that this whole thing was a self congratulatory vanity project. Even the bully shows great character development ffs, but Rube still thinks herself to be perfect and totally in the right. She's completely unrelatable because there are no lessons learnt along the way, and no sign of being a healthy, well-adjusted student. And it's pretty much the same with Ruby herself.
Yes! Reading the quotes that @LostGhosts has been sharing has shocked me all over again. I'd forgotten how bad the book is. Erimentha-Ruby is so incredibly unlikeable. The character reminds me of someone I may have been nasty to in my childhood at school 🤣

What to speak of the anatomical language giving Hannibal vibes lol. I truly believe that Ruby is as up-herself as the Erimentha character. And I think she is surrounded with exhausted adult relatives who find it easier to indulge her.
---
My Oxford Theory: She got rejected and her family are taking her skiing to distract her.
Its just a thought, could be wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Oh god, the House of Pankhurst speech she has shared on her story. How has she been invited to speak at this? SHE SAYS NOTHING.

It's all buzzwords and the most shallow, basic observations - Emily Pankhurst's words are "still relevant today", there are people whose voices are kept quiet today TOO but she doesn't elaborate or give any specific examples, because she doesn't know any because she lives in a privileged bubble. The campaign is "so important", a phrase so overused by Ruby that it means nothing and signals her having nothing specific to say.

I absolutely loathe seeing her get opportunities like this. How do people not see through her?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Oh god, the House of Pankhurst speech she has shared on her story. How has she been invited to speak at this? SHE SAYS NOTHING.

It's all buzzwords and the most shallow, basic observations - Emily Pankhurst's words are "still relevant today", there are people whose voices are kept quiet today TOO but she doesn't elaborate or give any specific examples, because she doesn't know any because she lives in a privileged bubble. The campaign is "so important", a phrase so overused by Ruby that it means nothing and signals her having nothing specific to say.

I absolutely loathe seeing her get opportunities like this. How do people not see through her?
the irony of her saying "its all about giving voices to voices that had been quietened" lmao when has rubys voice ever not been heard (in recent history I mean) idk who was at the event but come on girly have some self awareness. Many women's voices are still not being heard, but not a rich white land lord from the south

Reactions: 22
how does she gets invited to those events? through her management or does her father have connections maybe?

Reactions: 6
how does she gets invited to those events? through her management or does her father have connections maybe?
It must be through her management and previous deals - she stayed in a Kimpton hotel on her Scotland trip so maybe there's a connection there?

Her speech looks and sounds like she's just randomly making it in the middle of a busy restaurant while people are trying to enjoy their meal :D

edit: except it looks to be a mostly empty restaurant lol - "intimate" = Roobee, mummy and the hotel's PR person?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.