Ruby Granger #36 Pumpkin Bread Activity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is this how Ruby's thought process works? Is she just walking around constantly judging everyone she meets and jumping to conclusions about them based on the tiniest interaction?
---

The detailed descriptions of everything (the water, the saliva, etc) are making my skin crawl. Also this feels like an ED thing.
Agreed, and she also has included a few descriptions of describing people as thin and small and talked about small portions of food etc. I think at one point they got a hot drink for pudding?

Also it is quite bizarre how often she talks about anatomical stuff like cerebrum, spinal vertebrae, epiglottis etc. I think it is just her attempt to sound intellectual but it just gives off serial killer vibes

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Erimentha Parker Chapter 11:

Plot -

- Ruby is lonely because she is not speaking to her friend Simone (because she is concerned Simone will suggest she reports the bullies again) so she starts having lunch break in the library
- Ruby finds a year 5 girl in the library and spends a page of the book basically describing how small and sad the girl looks
- Miss Soloman decides to go against her actual lesson plan so Ruby can present her PowerPoint on hurricanes
- Kimberly asks Ruby if she would ever go look for a hurricane, Ruby says no as you can die and Kimberly says that's a shame
- The bullies throw some paper at Ruby which she finds immature
- Ruby asks to go get a drink of water, Miss Solomon abandons her class to come check on her and gets her an orange from the staff room
- When she gets back to class Ruby realises her parker pen has leaked all over her worksheets and her pencil case. She investigates and finds that someone cut her ink cartridge in half. When Miss Soloman returns the bullies tell the teacher Ruby was trying to show off by doing a trick with her pen and it exploded
- Miss Solomon doesn't believe Ruby was messing around because she points out Ruby told off another student earlier for throwing her pen around
- Ruby is too upset and ashamed to eat the orange Miss Solomon gave her

Quotes -
- "Kimberley leans over and taps me on the forearm. Her fingers are cold and so her circulation is probably not very good. Maybe she doesn't get enough exercise" (I'm sorry but this quote killed me)
- "I try to concentrate on my worksheet but her comment is not eroding quite so quickly as the Holderness Coastline"
- "They throw little pieces of scrunched up paper my way, scattering my desk surface with snowflakes, each one torn of hastily and irregular. I see little raindrops of saliva, indebted with pathogens, land amongst them as they giggle"
- "I wash my hands well and turn off the tap with my sleeve, having read about just how many germs can be found on the handle"
- "True to my word, I take a long drink from the water fountain, feeling the cold water against and down the back of my throat. My stomach feels full after a few seconds and I wonder just how much water it takes to kill a person. I make myself a note on my Post-it pad to find out"
- "I go to say something but I feel my voice breaking. It catches in the back of my throat and pulls against my epiglottis"
Still can’t believe she was 17 whilst writing this and thought to herself ‘Yep, this so great the public needs to be able to read this’. This reads like a villain origin story, purely psychotic😭

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Still can’t believe she was 17 whilst writing this and thought to herself ‘Yep, this so great the public needs to be able to read this’. This reads like a villain origin story, purely psychotic😭
And according to Ruby, Erimentha's only fault was her "incessant optimism"...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
And according to Ruby, Erimentha's only fault was her "incessant optimism"...
Of course because none of these are faults:

1) Being judgemental of others academic ability
2) Being judgemental of others appearance and if they exercise
3) Disliking someone who is NINE because they like lego and not studying
4) Telling off other students in class
5) Ghosting a friend because they suggested she report bullying

The list could go on ...

• Haha
Reactions: 19
True to my word, I take a long drink from the water fountain, feeling the cold water against and down the back of my throat. My stomach feels full after a few seconds and I wonder just how much water it takes to kill a person. I make myself a note on my Post-it pad to find out
Chapter 12 twist: she is going to waterboard Kimberley.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Plot -

- Ruby is lonely because she is not speaking to her friend Simone (because she is concerned Simone will suggest she reports the bullies again) so she starts having lunch break in the library
- Ruby finds a year 5 girl in the library and spends a page of the book basically describing how small and sad the girl looks
- Miss Soloman decides to go against her actual lesson plan so Ruby can present her PowerPoint on hurricanes
- Kimberly asks Ruby if she would ever go look for a hurricane, Ruby says no as you can die and Kimberly says that's a shame
- Ruby asks to go get a drink of water, Miss Solomon abandons her class to come check on her and gets her an orange from the staff room
- When she gets back to class Ruby realises her parker pen has leaked all over her worksheets and her pencil case. She investigates and finds that someone cut her ink cartridge in half. When Miss Soloman returns the bullies tell the teacher Ruby was trying to show off by doing a trick with her pen and it exploded
- Miss Solomon doesn't believe Ruby was messing around because she points out Ruby told off another student earlier for throwing her pen around

Quotes -
- "Kimberley leans over and taps me on the forearm. Her fingers are cold and so her circulation is probably not very good. Maybe she doesn't get enough exercise" (I'm sorry but this quote killed me)
- "I try to concentrate on my worksheet but her comment is not eroding quite so quickly as the Holderness Coastline"
- "They throw little pieces of scrunched up paper my way, scattering my desk surface with snowflakes, each one torn of hastily and irregular. I see little raindrops of saliva, indebted with pathogens, land amongst them as they giggle"
- "I wash my hands well and turn off the tap with my sleeve, having read about just how many germs can be found on the handle"
- "True to my word, I take a long drink from the water fountain, feeling the cold water against and down the back of my throat. My stomach feels full after a few seconds and I wonder just how much water it takes to kill a person. I make myself a note on my Post-it pad to find out"
- "I go to say something but I feel my voice breaking. It catches in the back of my throat and pulls against my epiglottis"
Ugh I love it when he pulls against my epiglottis 😩🍆

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Of course because none of these are faults:

1) Being judgemental of others academic ability
2) Being judgemental of others appearance and if they exercise
3) Disliking someone who is NINE because they like lego and not studying
4) Telling off other students in class
5) Ghosting a friend because they suggested she report bullying

The list could go on ...
She was just incessantly optimistic that they would do better with all of those things.

Reactions: 6
Also it is quite bizarre how often she talks about anatomical stuff like cerebrum, spinal vertebrae, epiglottis etc.
Ruby loves using the scientific names of things to feel smart. Not that she is actually able to use this knowledge in a useful way at all. She just memorized a bunch of scientific terms when she was 12 to show adults she's not like other children

Reactions: 21
duck me, this reads like The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole
You’ve finally made it obvious who Ruby reminds me of 😀

“I have a problem. I am an intellectual, but at the same time I am not very clever.”
― Adrian Mole; Sue Townsend, The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, Aged 13 3/4

Edited to add, this is one of my favourite quotes from the books and I can totally see Ruby saying something like this …

‘In my desperation I went to the Lake District on the train. I was struck down by the beauty of the place, although saddened to find that there were no daffodils flashing in my outer eye as in William Wordsworth the old Lake poet. I asked an ancient country yokel why there were no daffodils about. He said, "It's July, lad". I repeated loudly and clearly, (because he was obviously a halfwit) "Yes I know that, but why are there no daffodils about?"

"It's July," he roared. At that point I left the poor deranged soul. It's sad that nothing can be done for such pathetic geriatric cases...‘

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

Plot -

Quotes -
Nah why does this actually read like American Psycho monologue I am crying

Well guys she's off for a ski trip with her family. Must be nice to book a holiday anytime anywhere.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Well guys she's off for a ski trip with her family. Must be nice to book a holiday anytime anywhere.
Ruby: "I'm syo, syo poor. Januinely nyot sure how oiy'll survoive the winter."
Also Ruby: (Goes on 6 luxury holidays in a year.)

Reactions: 23
Ruby: "I'm syo, syo poor. Januinely nyot sure how oiy'll survoive the winter."
Also Ruby: (Goes on 6 luxury holidays in a year.)
She mentioned in her tiktok she liked the CHEAPER pair of ski goggles compared to the luxury and more expensive ones...I can't stand her

• Haha
Reactions: 22
She mentioned in her tiktok she liked the CHEAPER pair of ski goggles compared to the luxury and more expensive ones...I can't stand her
Also more often than not, if you order things to try on and then return something, the packaging won’t be resalable and stuff ends up in a landfill.

Reactions: 14
Yeah I’m not sure if they know how many times she’s applied? As there’s different tutors interviewing and reviewing applications every time. She probs should have tried for Cambridge :)

Unless it’s changed, Oxford uses the Banner system behind the scenes for admissions and student progression which is an enormous database that holds ALL the information relating to a student as they progress through the student lifecycle at the University.

This means that every time she applies it will add to her record in the system. Even if she used a different email address, there are people employed to literally match student records already in the system. They’ll have a full picture of her application history across all Oxford colleges at both UG and PG levels.

Reactions: 20
Unless it’s changed, Oxford uses the Banner system behind the scenes for admissions and student progression which is an enormous database that holds ALL the information relating to a student as they progress through the student lifecycle at the University.

This means that every time she applies it will add to her record in the system. Even if she used a different email address, there are people employed to literally match student records already in the system. They’ll have a full picture of her application history across all Oxford colleges at both UG and PG levels.
So we reckon she’s applied before for postgrad, what’s changed in a year, some extracurriculars? Think she may have got it though, good for her :)

Reactions: 2
So we reckon she’s applied before for postgrad, what’s changed in a year, some extracurriculars?
1. One essay published on a non-peer reviewed publication.
It's an amateurish collection of disconnected thoughts and borrowed ideas, which won't do her much good if anyone at Oxford reads it.

2. The AMMILY DICKENSON MUSEUM "job", which might look impressive at a glance, but if they actually look into any of it, won't do her any favours. She's painted it as a full-time social media strategy consultancy for her time there, but one look at their social media will reveal what bullshit that was - she just posted a few poor-quality, self-promoting videos on a pretty much dead TikTok channel.

3. The school "job". I feel like this will screw her over the most. Any admissions staff will be very good at spotting entries on a CV that're purely there for padding to tick a box. All they have to do is notice that she's working at the same private school she attended as a student, that one (or more) of her academic references are her high school teachers from that school, and that her tenure there is very short and incredibly last-minute. It won't cast it in the best light and it'll make her look incredibly sheltered.

This might make her look a bit more impressive than last year if they're only glancing at her CV, but if they actually scrutinise any of it even slightly, she's screwed.

Reactions: 17
1. One essay published on a non-peer reviewed publication.
It's an amateurish collection of disconnected thoughts and borrowed ideas, which won't do her much good if anyone at Oxford reads it.

2. The AMMILY DICKENSON MUSEUM "job", which might look impressive at a glance, but if they actually look into any of it, won't do her any favours. She's painted it as a full-time social media strategy consultancy for her time there, but one look at their social media will reveal what bullshit that was - she just posted a few poor-quality, self-promoting videos on a pretty much dead TikTok channel.

3. The school "job". I feel like this will screw her over the most. Any admissions staff will be very good at spotting entries on a CV that're purely there for padding to tick a box. All they have to do is notice that she's working at the same private school she attended as a student, that one (or more) of her academic references are her high school teachers from that school, and that her tenure there is very short and incredibly last-minute. It won't cast it in the best light and it'll make her look incredibly sheltered.

This might make her look a bit more impressive than last year if they're only glancing at her CV, but if they actually scrutinise any of it even slightly, she's screwed.
It's an academic application and English lit is not a vocational degree, they don't care if you come across as 'sheltered' or if you haven't had a real job before. Lots of people who do masters/phds have never worked a day in their lives (especially in subjects like English where most students are wealthy - most working class undergrad English students don't have the privilege of forking out to do a masters in a subject with so few career prospects).
They care that you have a good undergraduate transcript, letters of recommendation, decent writing skills and potential to succeed. Ruby was more than capable of cobbling together essays made up of other peoples ideas to convince Exeter lecturers to give her firsts, so there's really no reason why she wouldn't also convince Oxford to let her in. Her little side projects she's done over her gap yah are only filler to bulk up her application and for her to show she has an interest.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
We stan a frugal queen 🤩
This is literally why she did choose to post this I guess? She's so out of touch with the world that she thinks choosing the cheaper of two ski goggles is a humble brag. Like, she could just have bought the goggles and NOT make a tiktok about it? Again shes just flashing her privilege at everyone and thinks its a humble move, I cant even with her. Also how she doesnt even notice the way this makes her performative environmentalism crumble completly.
I mean, I get it, she has privilege, and noone is 100% perfect in regards to eco living. But since she has chose to make this half her brand, why show it??

Reactions: 17
Her new night routine is basically a return to her old ones, when she wasn't at uni. Maybe it's strange but I kinda feel like it suits her rather well, I can feel her more dark Hogwardish macademia than poor victorian kid ( despite this very sad pasta plate). And frankly, I miss the Hermione Granger deliriums, it was fun. Now only miss the fringe and it'll be a total return in the past, living her sugar plum fairy boarding school days in mommy & daddy's house far away from these filthy modern peasants.
Nah seriously I'd like her to return on the Hermione side, it was stupid but entertaining.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.