Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

figgypud

Chatty Member
So her parents have less than three hours between dropping her off and picking her up? How are they supposed to do anything themselves? 💀 She must realise that a working class family would be at their own jobs and that she's extremely privileged to have their help.

If she does those hours every day, then I've worked her weekly hours in one day.

Reactions: 28

lmwfh17

some of us have real jobs ruby we don't have time to pretend
the part i hate the most is “we should bring these things into adult life too” - i don’t need to bring playing pretend waitress into my adult life ruby, because i’ve been an actual waitress! in multiple different restaurants! she’s getting further out of touch by the day, it’s actually bonkers

Erimentha Parker Chapter 17:

Plot -
- The girls are in textiles and are making felt. Kimberly asks to borrow the bottle of soapy water. Ruby says no and she will have to wait. Kimberly takes the orange soap water and sprays it on Ruby. Kimberly threatens to spray it on Ruby's face unless she admits she is scared of her.
- Things get a bit weird, dark and unrealistic. Kimberly takes Ruby to the bathroom to help her 'clean up'. She then blocks the door and shows Ruby she smuggled a sewing needle into her jumper. She threatens Ruby and basically makes Ruby agree to lie and not tell her parents what happened to her shirt. I have included the full quote of her "stabbing" Ruby because it is just weird, unnecessary and just completely the wrong tone for a book aimed at kids. Just remember as well its a needle, not a knife
- After that whole event, Ruby changes into her spare uniform and throws away the orange stained shirt so her mum won't find out
- Ruby starts spending her lunches sat next to Ella in the library (Kimberly's younger sister who is year 5 I think?)
- One day Ruby goes to the library and Ella is crying. Turns out she is being bullied by two girls in her class. Ruby says they should tell her teacher. Ella asks if Ruby will tell a teacher about her bullying as well and Ruby says no, saying she isn't being bullied and that she is older and can cope with it (great advice to give a kid ...)
- Ella is scared to tell the teacher and Ruby decides to let the child continue being bullied since it might not fully be counted as repetitive yet

Quotes -
- "On Wednesday, we make felt in textiles and, as is customary, I am rather ahead of my classmates" (I have no words)
- "For a second I just stare blankly, unable to comprehend the hatred in those icy eyes"
- "A broken stream of rich orange flies in an arch between us and the dye seeps through the cotton of my shirt like blood from a wound" (Ruby please stop reminding me of working in surgery I hate this)
- "She stops and directs the nozzle at my face, holding it so close that it is blurry: light focused behind the retina"
- "Before I have a chance to move away, she has grabbed my wrist sharply. My carpal bone aches against her strong hands" (I am begging you please stop)
- "She takes the needle and hovers it over the inside of my arm, tracing the skin in mid air as though deciding the best point of contact. Then she lowers it: carefully and deliberately. The tip of the needle presses so hard against the sallow epithelial tissue that a depression forms in the skin. Applying the same pressure, she moves down my arm, leaving a trail of white and I watch quietly. She pauses when she reaches my central forearm, her eyes boring into my forehead, and mine focused on the needle: mesmerised. She pushes down. Hard. It pierces the skin and a bead of blood swells from the pinprick, growing to the size of a pea before trickling down towards the crease of my elbow. She washes the needle under the tap and threads it back through her jumper as I nurse the small wound with my mouth, wincing at the metallic crimson on my tongue" (small PSA, if you do get a sharps injury from a dirty needle like this, please don't lick the blood, let the wound bleed and then wash it and get medical assistance)
- "My epiglottis seizes up, as though I have swallowed a tablet withiut water"

• Wow
  • Haha

ammie

"I think skincare is a placebo effect"

Bestie...you just need a good routine. You don't apply a moisturizer which can be so drying but you can exfoliate and apply niacinamide? No wonder your skin is dry. Also, anything could be a placebo effect like drinking tea before bed and using a pillow mist but go off Rudy

Redrose97

Chatty Member
She's doing a valentines day promotion for buy one get one free for her planners, it just feels so desperate. Who would want to give their loved one a planner for valentines day? Also, her website is so out of date, she's still nineteen and studying Theology at uni, shouldn't she have changed that by now or kept it up to date or have staff who do it for her?

• Haha
Reactions: 27

exopolitics

Sometimes, life is magical, and the title of your video states exactly how you feel about the ad that comes before it...
Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 14.32.53.png

• Haha

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
One of Ruby’s students has found her tiktok! Hopefully she finds tattle soon 😬View attachment 1948082
Anyone else find this… very weird? For me this is an extreme blurring of boundaries. This girl is clearly a minor, she shouldn’t be interacting with adults who work at her school on social media. Ruby shouldn’t be allowing this.

Erimentha Parker Chapter 11:

Plot -

- Ruby is lonely because she is not speaking to her friend Simone (because she is concerned Simone will suggest she reports the bullies again) so she starts having lunch break in the library
- Ruby finds a year 5 girl in the library and spends a page of the book basically describing how small and sad the girl looks
- Miss Soloman decides to go against her actual lesson plan so Ruby can present her PowerPoint on hurricanes
- Kimberly asks Ruby if she would ever go look for a hurricane, Ruby says no as you can die and Kimberly says that's a shame
- The bullies throw some paper at Ruby which she finds immature
- Ruby asks to go get a drink of water, Miss Solomon abandons her class to come check on her and gets her an orange from the staff room
- When she gets back to class Ruby realises her parker pen has leaked all over her worksheets and her pencil case. She investigates and finds that someone cut her ink cartridge in half. When Miss Soloman returns the bullies tell the teacher Ruby was trying to show off by doing a trick with her pen and it exploded
- Miss Solomon doesn't believe Ruby was messing around because she points out Ruby told off another student earlier for throwing her pen around
- Ruby is too upset and ashamed to eat the orange Miss Solomon gave her

Quotes -
- "Kimberley leans over and taps me on the forearm. Her fingers are cold and so her circulation is probably not very good. Maybe she doesn't get enough exercise" (I'm sorry but this quote killed me)
- "I try to concentrate on my worksheet but her comment is not eroding quite so quickly as the Holderness Coastline"
- "They throw little pieces of scrunched up paper my way, scattering my desk surface with snowflakes, each one torn of hastily and irregular. I see little raindrops of saliva, indebted with pathogens, land amongst them as they giggle"
- "I wash my hands well and turn off the tap with my sleeve, having read about just how many germs can be found on the handle"
- "True to my word, I take a long drink from the water fountain, feeling the cold water against and down the back of my throat. My stomach feels full after a few seconds and I wonder just how much water it takes to kill a person. I make myself a note on my Post-it pad to find out"
- "I go to say something but I feel my voice breaking. It catches in the back of my throat and pulls against my epiglottis"

• Haha

gossip_guy

VIP Member
I see people travel mostly in gap years, what is expected to accomplish other than that in gap years? For Rubys case i guess book could have been in order but what else could be done? (I am asking because I want to learn people's ideas please dont think i defend Rubys laziness)
I think the intent is to gain some perspective, broaden their horizons and gain some life experience in a gap year. Travelling is the go-to way to do that, but some people might get a proper job for a year.

Ruby technically travelled and technically got a job, but she did the absolute bare minimum and I don't think she gained any new perspective or grew as a person from it in any way. She was still very much in her usual bubble of pampered privilege. There was a lot she could've done to grow and improve in that year, but she squandered it.

She went to France with her family, Italy with her family, Scotland with Mummy. She went to Boston by herself, which was the closest thing to progress, but then cocooned herself in her hotel room for the whole time out of fear.

It was also a trip centred entirely around her very fake interests - she doesn't read and there's no evidence that she has any genuine passion for literature, but she went on a £2,000+ trip devoted to "being a bookwaaahrm". She did what she claims was "volunteer wahhrk", but it was a role she got purely because of her influencer following and it was essentially getting paid with free tours to do nothing for a few days and lie about the nature of it. Nothing new there.

She got her first ever job, but it's one she only got through nepotism. No other school would've hired her but the one where her daddy sunk a shitload of money and where Ruby has clung to the staff for years to keep a tether there. 3 hours every few days after starting halfway through the school year is not work. It's very clearly a nepo-job that she only went for as a very desperate, last-minute attempt to pad her CV with one example of a "real job" before her Masters application was due.

She also went into the gap year with her one goal being to get a publishing deal and a book on shelves, which shows a huge sense of entitlement and a misunderstanding of how the publishing industry works. And, again, it's more of her fake interest: She has no interest in writing and merely cannibalised other books in a very commercial genre to get a shitty draft finished in hopes of a quick and easy sale. And she gave up at the first taste of rejection rather than persevere and improve.

She was never really outside her comfort zone or doing anything genuine. She should've spent this year taking a step away from YouTube to figure out who she is and what she actually enjoys when she strips away all the fake interests and performative affectations. She should've returned to therapy and worked on her deep-seated childhood fixation and fear of growing up. She could've learned to drive, which would've given her some independence. She could've moved into her cottage. She could've gotten a job that wasn't secured through nepotism and would put her in daily contact with people completely unlike herself. She could've learned to improve at any of the number of core skills that she's absolutely atrocious at, like filming and editing. Instead she just spent the year festering in her room, clinging to mummy and doing all the same shit as usual.

• Heart

ammie

That was her excuse for it, but she lies about everything and that especially never rang true. If she needed more room, there's a shitload of unused rooms in that house that would provide more space (or better yet, she could move out into the house she owns).

Combined with everything else - her starving herself to look younger, the non-stop school uniform cosplays, her regularly trotting out childhood clothes to mention that they still fit her, children's books being the only thing she actually reads, along with her decorating her room with a child's school desk, boarding school trunk and pictures of children - and it seems clear that her switching to a child's bed is just part of her fixation on childhood and her crusade to become TWALVE again.
Didn't Erimentha Parker have a single bed so she could sleep as straight as a pencil and told off her brother for sleeping in a starfish position... Ruby is larping as her own character

• Haha
  • Wow

Griftwood

VIP Member
She’s entered her Dadaist era. ”You can still get one while you can x”

Or she could be referring to the fact that it’s physically possible to spend money on a pile of flimsy crap whilst you’re doing something actually useful, such as preserving fruits and vegetables in cans or jars. At this point, who the fuck knows. Eat a meal, Roobee, your remaining 2 brain cells will thank you for it.

B2C17901-B78E-4768-9BDA-AD8E339C70B3.jpeg

edit: what is she looking at in this picture? It’s not the screen. It’s not the mug. Is there a pile of charity cash floating just outside the window?

• Haha

Lovely_rita

"The daffodils have begun to peer."

That line has me created for some reason. I keep imagining daffodils with those googly eyes watching Ruby stamp by.

• Haha

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Erimentha is a truly horrifying look into Ruby's psyche
I've said it before, but I'd love to see her do a video where she does a deep dive revisit of it and explains what she was thinking when she wrote it, what she thinks of it now, what she'd do differently. I think she'd need to be honest for that video to work though, and I don't think she's capable of that.

Other than the note in her video descriptions to say she's a bit embarrassed by it, she hasn't spoke of it since. But she's still happily selling it, and Lottie Parton seemed to be the exact same book written again through the lens of some stolen YA mystery tropes, so I think the only think she's disappointed and embarrassed by is that she self-published and didn't get huge success and a publishing deal at 17.

I hope she realises that self-publishing was one of her better decisions and gives us Lottie Parton to cringe though and laugh at soon.

• Sick

pinkmug

VIP Member
I still can't believe she wrote and self published an entire book to pat her own back for being a condescending, arrogant, insufferable, hateful little shit.

• Haha

ariawyn

Yknow that quote that makes the rounds on social media along the lines of “why are you lacking confidence in yourself when somebody with half your skill is out there doing it with twice as much confidence?” - I think of that every time I read these excerpts.

• Haha