Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

anastasia1989

Erimentha Parker, the desperately poor scholarship kid who cannot afford postage stamps, yet takes an annual ski-trip to the alps.

• Haha
Reactions: 33

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Idk why so many people seem to think everyone who goes to Oxford is super intelligent and deserving of a place there. Of course there are many students with brilliant academics there who get there through hard work and merit. But for every one of those people there’s a Ruby (and tbh, a lot of them are even posher, more privileged, and less academic than Ruby) I’ve encountered enough unintelligent uninspiring oxbridge students to realise that.
I thought it was common knowledge that oxbridge is full of posh gits of slightly above average intellect. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah to all the people saying “I’ll lose respect for Oxford if Ruby gets in”, why? It’s well known that Oxbridge has always been rife with nepotism and those who have had the privilege of being privately educated their whole lives have a much better chance of getting in, even if they’re not the brightest or most academic students. Tbh I’d actually say that things have probably become fairer in recent years as there has been a drive to increase the number of state educated students admitted each year.
If you want an example of how things are, take a look at influencer Grace Beverley, she failed to get into Oxford for PPE (I think) then reapplied the next year for music at a different college where the guy in charge of admissions was someone who had previously taught her at the junior Royal College of Music 🙃.
It’s also way easier to get into Oxbridge for a masters than it is to get in at undergrad level.

Reactions: 32

pinkmug

VIP Member
Maybe it's just me but all that collation of pens, stickers etc seems very teenager. Admittedly I used to love stationary when I was 12 or 13 but after that not so much and by 22/23 definitely not. By 22/23 any pen that worked generally did me. Also why is it I feel that if you opened up Rube's head you'd find all her ideas ordered in rigid little drawers.
I'm in my early 30s and I still love stationery and still collect nice notebooks, notepads etc. I don't see anything wrong with it. None of the things Ruby likes is problematic on their own, it's the way she approaches this stuff and turns them into her entire identity and uses them as a way to put a wall between herself and the real world. If she likes stationery because it gives her pleasure to take note with pretty or expensive pens or notepads, so be it. But the way she buys and keeps this amount of stuff and never even touches a single one in a useful way is quite irritating, it's almost like a safety blanket. She has an issue with hoarding, she also showed it with that massive pile of childhood and teenager clothes she kept in the landing area wardrobes (why is this even a thing). I think not being able to declutter or throw away/donate useless thing is a major problem in their entire household. Her mother gives me the vibe that she finds all this mess 'quirky' and 'full of character'.

• Heart

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
If she were seen doing that in the US they would make her remove them, then remove her from the waiting room and tell her to go somewhere else. She thinks she can just deface things or do whatever she wants. We don't want your scummy notes in our books, magazines or anywhere else. You are a nobody who is breaking laws. I wish someone would just slap some sense into her.
Lmaooo what? Sticking a post-it note into a magazine in a dental surgery waiting room is cringe, but it’s certainly not illegal 💀.
Would love to know which law you think she has broken by doing this?

• Haha

ariawyn

Honestly I can easily imagine her having a lot of resentment in her - she grew up being top of the class and feeling so superior, and now she probably has to sit back and watch her peers who she always viewed as lesser than her go on to be functional adults while she sits at home pretending to read. When people don’t bow down and treat her as superior to the extent that she feels she deserves, she resents them for it because she thinks she’s not getting what she’s owed.

I’ve never seen an ounce of “yknow what you’re right, I could have worded that better, I’ve been pronouncing that wrong, whoops, how embarrassing! My bad!” - and honestly if she did that, I’d roll my eyes at people who made a big deal out of it. But it’s the fact that she always has to be right and she always has to take herself so seriously, even while crying out about taking it easy and slow living, that it all just makes her insufferable.

joonielovers

I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but in her latest TikTok.. someone commented, "incredible privilege", and she replied with "I know!!!" like that's such a weird reply? Not sure if I'm reading it in the wrong tone.

• Haha
  • Wow

irunforfun

VIP Member
She’ll also have to live in Oxford (aka not in her regressed child room) and the seminars and tutorials will shine lights on every gap in knowledge and critical analysis and thinking weaknesses. Using lots of words, and wrongly, will be challenged and ripped apart. Candles won’t be permitted in college and if they saw a woman with a beret pulled down like a beanie lighting a candle in the quad as she twirled round spouting magenta green, she’d be asked to leave. Maybe she should get a place if only to show her what life is really like, how she is a very small fish in a big pond, how intelligent people can be, how even at Oxford there will be more diversity than she’s ever been exposed to and how (gasp) average she is. (Though if she does, I will be pretty shocked as I have a colleague who used to lecture in medieval English and it was harsh and hard and so full on).

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Ngl the only reason I want Ruby to get accepted is coz I know how triggered the other dickhead studytubers like Jade and Jack will be lmfao

• Haha

VallegGirl

Somebody give Rubes some ✂ so she can cut off those dead ends.
---
View attachment 1984822
Are we cruising towards an Oxford era?!
Oh help. Here we go.. uploads by Rubes..My morning routine as a post-grad at University of Oxford, my 28 & a half hour day study routine at the University of Oxford, making tea as a post-grad at the University of Oxford using my post grad mug, moving into my room as a post-gradulate English student at the University of Oxford, lighting candles and collecting dead flies at UoO, my annual bed linen changing as a post-grad, trying to make friends as an introverted post grad, my night time routine updated in my first week as a post grad, coping without Ma Bones as a post grad, how to be a productive as a post. grad, finding a new Blakeney as a newbee at Oxford, going home for a long weekend (lasting 5 weeks) as a post grad and finally why I left Oxford to pursue a life as a 2b pencil. The last idea is a possibility the others, I think, more probabilities.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I greatly appreciate your service but can you please clarify for me if those quotes are genuine direct quotes or your own on-brand inventions… I don’t know what to believe anymore… she didn’t really write “Erimentha Parker’s List of the Best Pencil Brands”… did she?
Yes she did. For context when Izzy threw water on her, her to do list pad got ruined and her list of best pencil brands was stuck on top due to its importance ad that one got ruined. This is an actual thing that happened.

All the quotes are real parts of the book, and there are so many more I could include

• Haha
  • Wow

StatusWoe

VIP Member
Also it is quite bizarre how often she talks about anatomical stuff like cerebrum, spinal vertebrae, epiglottis etc. I think it is just her attempt to sound intellectual but it just gives off serial killer vibes
Did a pathologist write this story? 😅 It's giving me the ick.

I am an intellectual, but at the same time I am not very clever.”
Ruby Granger #37 I am an intellectual, but at the same time I am not very clever

• Haha

abcbabe

As an Oxbridge graduate, I genuinely don't know how she'll survive a masters there. The course load is intense and the 8 week terms make it hard to run back home every weekend. I even had some supervisions on Saturday mornings. Also she won't be able to do all her busy work because she will have so much reading to do every week.. and she will actually have to read the books for her supervisions and seminars. She should really reflect on whether she feels ready to deal with the stress and workload before she commits (if she got in) or she would get very overwhelmed and probably intermit after Michaelmas. Intermission is a good thing but Oxbridge (or at least Cambridge) are very bad at offering support and just tell you to get away for a year and come back ready to get back into it... idk I am just worried. I have seen people who are much more resilient really struggle and it took a big toll on their mental health and as much as she is annoying, I wouldn't wish the same on her.

• Heart

pinkmug

VIP Member
She has shown off her latest read on her Goodreads "The Awakening" by Kate Chopin which she gave a lovely 2 stars. Someone asked her why and I was half-tempted to state it was probably because she barely read it.
For a book called The Awakening, there was less waking up and morning routines in it than she expected.

• Haha

VallegGirl

Ruby appears to be such a contradiction between the person she purports to be and the person she actually is. She purports herself to be organised yet actually seems chaotic. She purports herself to be academic/intellectual yet just seems like a rote learner. She purports herself to be hard working yet actually seems slovenly and lazy with many activities aand tasks undertaken in very half-hearted manner. She purports herself to br mature yet seems to be very child-like. She purports herself to be some kind of fashinesta yet often appears like an unmade bed. She purports herself to be a literary genius yet seems very uninformed about books she has read. She purports tobe an introvert yet has an online presence dhere she's putting herself out there. It must be very stressful pretending to be someone your not. Best just be yourself, I say.
---

Sorry about my typos in the above. Lesson to self - to wear my reading glasses 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: 31

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
I hate it sm when she pulls this face 💀 she always does it when she thinks she’s saying something really intelligent
3DAFD1C9-9066-45B1-A54E-74CA1931EEDF.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31