Ruby Granger #36 Pumpkin Bread Activity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for the Jack recap @gossip_guy!

Also Ruby has been posting so much on Instagram and tiktok in the last few days – it’s making me think some recent news has put her in a particularly good mood…. :(

I’m really really holding out hope that she hasn’t got an offer but signs are pointing to her having got it 😢

Reactions: 8
You get … the pride of knowing you clearly have better focus than me, as i couldn’t make it past the first page 😂
I think it means you're more productive because you know when something's going to be a waste of time. :p Or, as Erimentha would put it, ''I decided to maximise my life hours by selecting only the topics which would optimise my day and expand my learning in the way that molecules expand when heated''.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Quotes -
- "I sit staring at the screen. Its brightness bores into my frontal lobe, inducing a slight headache and I close my eyes to escape the light"
- Upon reading another email calling her out for being rude Ruby says "I resist the urge to correct the girls grammar, knowing it is neither the time nor the place"
- "Telling them would raise a barrel of difficult questions and would damage my painstakingly crafted persona"
- "According to www.anxietyscentre.com, you sweat a lot when you are stressed and this is certainly true tonight"
- "When I look in the mirror the next morning, the tender epithelial tissue under my eyes has been bruised violet"
- When talking about her dry lips she says "They hang repulsively with slimy petroleum gel and the distinct odour of cocoa butter"
- "All I can taste is the flavourless whiteness of the milk"
- "His nose hairs quiver in the artificial breeze"
- "A brief shudder of hope rushes up my vertebral column"
Doubling down on my belief that Ruby has unintentionally created the most clinical psychopath in fiction. lf you told me that these quotes were from American Psycho Id believe you. The descriptions are so scary 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 25
- Upon reading another email calling her out for being rude Ruby says "I resist the urge to correct the girls grammar, knowing it is neither the time nor the place"
please PLEASE tell me she spelled it ”girls”, no apostrophes anywhere 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Also Ruby has been posting so much on Instagram and tiktok in the last few days – it’s making me think some recent news has put her in a particularly good mood…. :(

I’m really really holding out hope that she hasn’t got an offer but signs are pointing to her having got it 😢
Some people posted about rejections to the MSt English (1830-1914) on the Student Room today.. When I applied for both MSc and DPhil reactions came before acceptances, but who knows, Either way, she will hear soon!

Edit: Read deeper into the forum and it seems like people got offers for English yesterday so she must have heard back!

Reactions: 10
"Oiy johst wanted tyoo rip off sommone alse's oiydeas based on moiy nyeu JANUINE lovv of Wass Handington - HONNASTLY moiy favoratt diracktorr.

Oiy lovv awhl of his films, like The Regal Tinnypawns, Beetle Pocket, Oiy Love Dogs and The Fantabulous Sir Badger. But most aspashiouly, my varry myost favourat Wils Mandleston myoovie is Roshmwoar, which is like Matilda but with a boy, syo not as gud as Matilda but still varry gud.

Oiy JANUINELY watched all of these films boht moiy thwaots on tham are proyvit, syo please ask nyo farrther qwasschons. Boiy popular demahnd, oiy will gyo back tyoo making moiy yooshual contant of wrinkled clyothes oiy gwot for free in ondeclared ads fwaor Misspah Teena."

View attachment 1991296

Looks like it's still the case. Ruby would never survive.

But it would not shock me at all if Ruby and/or her parents just rented another home in Oxford that she has no intention of living in and did everything possible to get around this. She couldn't stay in Exeter for a full week, and that was a familiar place with her BASST FRAND, she'll break down immediately at Oxford.
I guess it depends on how much she wants to fulfil her dream of studying at Oxford. If she wants it that badly that she has reapplied, then maybe she should get over herself and live on campus. Surely living in the college itself might be an option?

Reactions: 3
please PLEASE tell me she spelled it ”girls”, no apostrophes anywhere 😂😂😂
Yep that is exactly how it is written! I am badly dyslexic so I don't pick up on any of the spelling and grammar mistakes but I am sure they are there

I mean, she's done this song and dance before. Last year, she visited Oxford, was posting cryptic photos and showing Oxford Uni merch, but it all amounted to nothing (that or she applied, got prematurely excited and then got rejected). I'll believe her acceptance when it happens, until then I'm extremely doubtful.

I guess it depends on how much she wants to fulfil her dream of studying at Oxford. If she wants it that badly that she has reapplied, then maybe she should get over herself and live on campus. Surely living in the college itself might be an option?
I think it's purely for the vindication of finally getting in, like it'll prove her right and prove that the previous rejections were all cruel mistakes. But I don't think she has any interest in actually studying, so I'm not sure how long the superficial thrill of actually going to Oxford will last, especially once she realises that she won't get an easy ride.

It'd probably do her a lot of good to actually stay on campus, meet new people and actually make the most of the experience. But this is the Ruby who spent her entire time at Exeter avoiding the library and running away from campus even though it would've been closer to her dark macademia daydreams than rotting in her bedroom. I think she's far too entrenched in her second childhood and far too used to having mummy in arm's reach to cope with being away from home the way she was in first year.

Plus she actively avoided studying on campus at Exeter, likely because it was an instant reminder of how ordinary she is to look in all directions and see nothing but people smarter than her studying more intently and efficiently. If she couldn't handle that there, Oxford will destroy her.

I guess we'll see if she gets in and what happens, but I can't see her sticking it out and passing if she does.

Reactions: 22
Now that we know offers have been trickling in earlier than the expected 8 weeks, I think that must confirm her sudden Oxford flurry this week is not a coincidence, and that she has been accepted.

Reactions: 9
I hope she didn't get in. I'd lose respect for Oxford if she did.
Idk why so many people seem to think everyone who goes to Oxford is super intelligent and deserving of a place there. Of course there are many students with brilliant academics there who get there through hard work and merit. But for every one of those people there’s a Ruby (and tbh, a lot of them are even posher, more privileged, and less academic than Ruby) I’ve encountered enough unintelligent uninspiring oxbridge students to realise that.
I thought it was common knowledge that oxbridge is full of posh gits of slightly above average intellect. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I'll believe her acceptance when it happens, until then I'm extremely doubtful.
Since bizarrely her Oxford course does not require an interview or a written test for admission, I really do think her chances are decent, especially since I'm sure it's not her first attempt. Fancy a bet? Loser has to write "Erimentha In Oxford". :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Ngl the only reason I want Ruby to get accepted is coz I know how triggered the other head studytubers like Jade and Jack will be lmfao
Thats bleeping evil and I here for it 🤣
---
"Oiy johst wanted tyoo rip off sommone alse's oiydeas based on moiy nyeu JANUINE lovv of Wass Handington - HONNASTLY moiy favoratt diracktorr.

Oiy lovv awhl of his films, like The Regal Tinnypawns, Beetle Pocket, Oiy Love Dogs and The Fantabulous Sir Badger. But most aspashiouly, my varry myost favourat Wils Mandleston myoovie is Roshmwoar, which is like Matilda but with a boy, syo not as gud as Matilda but still varry gud.

Oiy JANUINELY watched all of these films boht moiy thwaots on tham are proyvit, syo please ask nyo farrther qwasschons. Boiy popular demahnd, oiy will gyo back tyoo making moiy yooshual contant of wrinkled clyothes oiy gwot for free in ondeclared ads fwaor Misspah Teena."

View attachment 1991296

Looks like it's still the case. Ruby would never survive.

But it would not shock me at all if Ruby and/or her parents just rented another home in Oxford that she has no intention of living in and did everything possible to get around this. She couldn't stay in Exeter for a full week, and that was a familiar place with her BASST FRAND, she'll break down immediately at Oxford.
Not trying to doxx or anything, but I thought Roobert lived kinda close to
Amersham
which I know to be about a 45 minute road journey to Oxford, right? I used to live in UK but now in Australia

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Surely there’s so many other Oxford undergrad rejects that apply to the masters courses to fulfil their dreams :) probs some better than Ruby?

Exeter isn’t SUPER academic I don’t think (I mean it’s a very good uni with some well respected research, but not a glitteringly good uni by Ruby standards). Surprised she didn’t go for Bristol? Durham and Edinburgh would be too far away 🏡

Reactions: 3
Idk why so many people seem to think everyone who goes to Oxford is super intelligent and deserving of a place there. Of course there are many students with brilliant academics there who get there through hard work and merit. But for every one of those people there’s a Ruby (and tbh, a lot of them are even posher, more privileged, and less academic than Ruby) I’ve encountered enough unintelligent uninspiring oxbridge students to realise that.
I thought it was common knowledge that oxbridge is full of posh gits of slightly above average intellect. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah to all the people saying “I’ll lose respect for Oxford if Ruby gets in”, why? It’s well known that Oxbridge has always been rife with nepotism and those who have had the privilege of being privately educated their whole lives have a much better chance of getting in, even if they’re not the brightest or most academic students. Tbh I’d actually say that things have probably become fairer in recent years as there has been a drive to increase the number of state educated students admitted each year.
If you want an example of how things are, take a look at influencer Grace Beverley, she failed to get into Oxford for PPE (I think) then reapplied the next year for music at a different college where the guy in charge of admissions was someone who had previously taught her at the junior Royal College of Music 🙃.
It’s also way easier to get into Oxbridge for a masters than it is to get in at undergrad level.

Reactions: 32
I have a two family members who went to Oxford. I would describe them as 'extremely normal people'. Super average, not brilliant, intelligent but not superstars. Just very private normal boring people who definitely do it missionary style with their spouses lol and do NOT put their life on the internet

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Since bizarrely her Oxford course does not require an interview or a written test for admission, I really do think her chances are decent, especially since I'm sure it's not her first attempt. Fancy a bet? Loser has to write "Erimentha In Oxford". :eek:
That'll definitely help her chances, but she'll still need to cough up a CV, personal statement/thesis proposal and two essays, any one of which could torpedo her chances.

She looks about as impressive as Jack Edwards on paper - he had better grades and more successful side-gigs very similar to Ruby's and still got rejected over and over.

giphy.gif

As an Oxbridge graduate I completely agree with this. I wish there wasn’t this mystique around Oxbridge. Yes it’s prestigious but securing a place there doesn’t make you a super genius, it only means that there is potential for you to do well. Admissions is the easiest part. It’s the actual work that’s difficult and only time will tell if Ruby will sink or swim

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.