Ruby Granger #36 Pumpkin Bread Activity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope you are not implying that Ruby-Erimentha is psychopath. Like she said in her book, she has 'read the DSM' and has none of the symptoms of a psychopath. 🤣 Or was it sociopath? Can't remember.
But seriously, imagine creating a fictional character who is 11 years old and believes she can make mental health diagnoses by reading the DSM. Erimentha is a fascinating insight into the way Ruby's mind works and her opinion of herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
But seriously, imagine creating a fictional character who is 11 years old and believes she can make mental health diagnoses by reading the DSM. Erimentha is a fascinating insight into the way Ruby's mind works and her opinion of herself.
Someone, I can't remember who, coined the phrase "Erimenthsplaining" to capture how Erimentha thinks she knows more than everyone else about any topic after reading an encyclopedia entry.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
If I had to read this thesis worthy review on Erimentha then you lot do too!
I’ve numbered the THIRTEEN screenshots in case they upload out of offer… may the odds be ever in your favour.

732AA3AB-8501-4866-B036-3FAE4B361300.jpeg
DC070B98-F05F-440D-8C13-628A839BC736.jpeg
1B124CCC-DBD5-4CC5-BB66-BA2D2969E60F.jpeg
236AAC12-D671-4403-B1D3-D7379D112D27.jpeg
6B634E8C-DF2E-420F-A2B5-A0DA48CD1B4B.jpeg
97941E3D-B866-49C9-A2B9-EAD35135DD00.jpeg
D4D3A84F-0FC8-4A6E-9ADD-F7A4D2FF6BE1.jpeg
BAA0481F-8A84-4A6D-940F-34E117AE9ACA.jpeg
A1009D7D-7126-48D5-9659-07605CAB045E.jpeg
2326262F-BEE7-4E3A-ABFA-4875D503A65C.jpeg
51295E20-5C68-4197-A5CB-0C1C828CDB85.jpeg
EBD337F9-0AB0-401F-90AC-B9013F2ADCB2.jpeg
DB665E62-0B4D-4825-BAAE-EE6A0CEDFB90.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
That person put more effort into writing the review than Ruby did writing the whole damn book

• Haha
Reactions: 27
If I was Ruby, after reading this review I would add this to goodreads as my 452nd book read in 2023

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Y'all made my Monday morning better :ROFLMAO: caught up on the thread this morning at 6:30 before getting ready for work and it was definitely a better start to the day than reading the news.

Erimentha Parker is an endless source of cringe and memes. It's one of those literary masterpieces that you could read a hundred times and always find something new

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’ve numbered the THIRTEEN screenshots in case they upload out of offer… may the odds be ever in your favour.

At first, I totally believing that Ruby wrote that, but then it became clear that this person had actually read at least two books, so there's no way it could be Ruby.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

did Rubys alter ego Schmooby write this? (Its ruby in a fake tash and a long trench coat)

Reactions: 3

The plot thickens... Mansfield College scored highest out of the Oxford colleges for vegetarian and vegan food provision.
I don't know whether she took that into consideration when choosing a college (although she may have been allocated Mansfield), but it's not unlikely.

What if she does get accepted... the snootiness over Jade and Jack is going to be unbearable.

I think she will get in, and then we will get daily vlogs of her walking Oxford streets, with camera perched on the pavement as she walks by with her nose pointed high in the air, her childish long hair matted and swishing, perhaps she will also cosplay as Lyra Belacqua, pretending she has a little daemon of her own.

She'll then vlog herself making dry as hell toast for her LANCH and talk about how ASSTHETIC Oxford is. She'll misquote and act out any poetry that describes Oxford.

Reactions: 27

The plot thickens... Mansfield College scored highest out of the Oxford colleges for vegetarian and vegan food provision.
I don't know whether she took that into consideration when choosing a college (although she may have been allocated Mansfield), but it's not unlikely.

What if she does get accepted... the snootiness over Jade and Jack is going to be unbearable.
Now I want her to get accepted just to see a glimpse of Jade's manic reels of self affirmation 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Ngl the only reason I want Ruby to get accepted is coz I know how triggered the other head studytubers like Jade and Jack will be lmfao

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Erimentha Parker Chapters 8 and 9:

Plot -
- After all the build up to the stupid volcano experiment we just get told it is a "realistic and impressive eruption" and that is the end of that
- She does some more work teachers didn't ask for so she can be top pupil
- Before bed Ruby reorganises her candles and uses her ruler to make sure they are evenly spaced"
- Her and her mum talk about going to a museum and Ruby's mum praises her for being interested when most other kids just complained about being bored. Ruby then says "you mean Nathan". Clearly no one in this family likes Nathan, poor kid
- The next day in form the class get assigned their sets for maths and English
- The bullies behind her call her pick-me Parker since she always puts her hand up. Ruby turns around to tell them off and Mr Aldridge asks her to not talk during class. The ordeal of being told off makes her cry
- Ruby thinks about the fact that Simone and self help books said to tell a teacher about bullying but she doesn't want to ruin her "near-perfect image"
- We also learn that alongside her book of to do lists, and book of facts she also has a book of quotations. How many books does this girl carry around in one go
- The girls are all assigned school email accounts and have set all the passwords to nightingale for now and need to be changed tonight. Ruby would have done it straight away but she had a tennis lesson after school
- When she gets home Ruby goes to change her password and finds 6 unread emails. The first one is from her head of year saying how disappointed she is with her and will be punished for her inappropriate behaviour. And even worse, she is going to tell her parents. We are left on a cliff-hanger as to what has happened but it is pretty obvious

Quotes -
- "The project is nowhere near as bulky as I would have liked and when Simone leaves I spend two hours writing out a 6 page essay"
- "It's beautifully aesthetic and I can see why Maria so adored brown paper packages tied up with string"
- "As a tribute of sorts to my Geography teacher, I have made my own in and out tray, just like hers, out of old cereal boxes"
- "With her hand always in the air, she's pretty difficult to ignore. There's a reason she's called 'Pick-me Parker after all"
- "Some of the pictures especially in the autumn and winter months, are just so quintessential that save them for scrapbooking"

• Haha
Reactions: 19
She'll then vlog herself making dry as hell toast for her LANCH and talk about how ASSTHETIC Oxford is. She'll misquote and act out any poetry that describes Oxford.
But remember when the longest she made it away from her parents at uni was 3 weeks and she didn't have half as much real work to do 😭 rip mummy and daddy bones, hope you like sleeping in your van in front of the college every weekend

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Randolph has been posting weird-ass tiktoks in an attempt to seem quirky or feign having a personality idk… and maybe I’m just sleep-deprived but this made me laugh 🤣
0DAC55FC-233F-42B1-8632-F2D2C43A4759.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
But remember when the longest she made it away from her parents at uni was 3 weeks and she didn't have half as much real work to do 😭 rip mummy and daddy bones, hope you like sleeping in your van in front of the college every weekend
The porter will be asking them "get off the grass" 😂

• Haha
I think she will get in, and then we will get daily vlogs of her walking Oxford streets, with camera perched on the pavement as she walks by with her nose pointed high in the air, her childish long hair matted and swishing, perhaps she will also cosplay as Lyra Belacqua, pretending she has a little daemon of her own.

I think she'll get in and inevitably crash and burn when reality is not what she dreamed of or expected

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.