Ruby Granger #36 Pumpkin Bread Activity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She also doesn't like Oliver from Five Survive because he thinks he's better than everyone and his opinion is important... I'm noticing a pattern here
I was just about to say the self same thing. Get a mirror Ruby and you'll see Oliver in it. You also come across like you think you're better than others. Crucial difference though Rubes is your unfortunate personality is real.

Reactions: 13
OMG she's still going on about Alexander Pope potentially being a Romantic poet! Like, she says she read somewhere that there's some debate as to whether he is or he isn't! I can't even. 😤
She’s such a twit omg 😂 Pope died in 1744. Romanticism started in 1770 at the very earliest.

Of course if she’d got into Oxford for her undergrad, she’d have some background in literary periods and dating texts 🙃 Too bad they didn’t see through to the genius shining within.

edit: I’m currently taking a class (yay Open University!) in literary history starting with the 18th century, so my focus on this topic is laser sharp atm 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
OMG she's still going on about Alexander Pope potentially being a Romantic poet! Like, she says she read somewhere that there's some debate as to whether he is or he isn't! I can't even. 😤
She read somewhere? No source found then Rubes. Yup, how very scholarly- not. I read somewhere Ruby is smug. Source could possibly be found here????

Reactions: 12
I honestly hope I'm not sounding rude or anything lmao, but why did she stop midway through the video to tell us she had a meeting to go to and that she'd be back later, only to like... transition immediately to her continuing with the next book? I'd assume a video like this would have cuts and stuff in it, why not just cut from one book to another? Idk it just struck me as an odd addition to the video lol
It's one of her half-assed tricks to appears busier than she actually is.

In reality she didn't read most of these books and her most demanding meetings are the uneventful 15 minute Zoom calls she has with her management that aren't worth mentioning.

But her saying "Oiy radd SAVANTEEN bohks while WAHRRKING AT MOIY JOB and awlsyo ACKSCYOOSE ME whoile oiyy ATTAND A VARRY IMPWORETANT MEETING" fools her fans into thinking that she's always juggling more than everyone else when really she's just festering in her bedroom doing duck all.

Reactions: 22
Brother Karamat-zoff pronunciation made me believe that she is not reading the book and randomly placed the bookmark in the middle of the book. I could be okay with the pronunciation but she doesnt even know the name of the book she supposedly has been reading for a month AND HOLDING IN HER HANDS

Reactions: 15
Brother Karamat-zoff pronunciation made me believe that she is not reading the book and randomly placed the bookmark in the middle of the book. I could be okay with the pronunciation but she doesnt even know the name of the book she supposedly has been reading for a month AND HOLDING IN HER HANDS
I think she's assuming that 'z' is pronounced 'ts' in Russian like it is in 'pizza' which it's not because Russian has a separate letter for 'ts' plus it would be transliterated as 'ts' if it was pronounced that way. I think she's assuming it to sound more intelligent, ironically.

Reactions: 13
Her accent is getting more and more ridiculous. The animated eyebrows like Groucho Marx and the claw thing she does with her hand. The way she sits there chortling and chatting at the camera about the characters in the books like they are people she knows and is spilling the tea on 🤣

Reactions: 21
Maybe Ruby means that he was fond of rom-coms. His favourite was Love, ACKSHULLY.

edit: I’m currently taking a class (yay Open University!) in literary history starting with the 18th century, so my focus on this topic is laser sharp atm 😂
Oh that sounds really interesting. How's it going? OU courses are great. I've been studying art history for the past 2 years (part-time). The subject wasn't available at my sixth form so I'm making up for it now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
When you have a three day a week job that you do nothing at and get ferried around to (so no waiting for public transport or driving yourself) you probably might have time if you do nothing else.

But Ruby definitely didn't read all of those properly.

Reactions: 15
I haven't read even ten books since the start of the new year (I have read 6 books in total) and I have all the time in the world. well, almost.

I would like to study something at the OU, but it's so expensive compared to how much a German uni costs. There's a distance university in Germany which doesn't cost much but they offer only a few courses to study. And I don't want to study again, I want o work, but if I don't find a job, I need to do something.

Reactions: 6
When you have a three day a week job that you do nothing at and get ferried around to (so no waiting for public transport or driving yourself) you probably might have time if you do nothing else.

But Ruby definitely didn't read all of those properly.
Yeah I think I could probably skim 17 books in a month and give very basic feedback on each one, especially if i was getting driven around and living in my childhood bedroom with my mother taking care of everything. But I wouldn't feel I had read them properly.

:mad:Ugh I hate how she treats it like a marathon. Her mispronunciation of literary names and even basic words really shows how half-arsed she is at reading. For an English Lit major, its actually pretty disgraceful. The thing I hate the most tho is when I see comments saying how trash they feel because they can't read as many books as her.

Reactions: 18
@joonielovers (cute name btw!) just saw your post on the last thread, thought I might have some study tips that could help!! :)

Don't worry too much if you can't do a lot at a time. I've never been able to revise for more than 4 1/2 hours a day, that is my total limit, and I still get good grades. When I get stuck and feel a bit tired honestly just getting up and going to the bathroom wakes me up a little. Anyway for studying I actually love putting on ambiance playlists on YouTube! You can get ones for specific environments, like cosy cafes or the Hogwarts common rooms, or videos that are meant to mimic a "study with me" video with clips of Rory Gilmore, BTS, etc. It sounds silly but I think these make studying much more fun :) I also think it can help to switch studying "activities", like go from flashcards to writing everything you remember on a page to drawing a mindmap or something like that! For me a study timer helps to motivate me as well, I use the app "FLIP" and you can see your studying progress per day, week and month :) Lastly I find it wayyy easier to study in the uni library than to study at home since there's less distractions and every else is there to study, so maybe try that too. Best of luck for your studies, you got this!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Wtf her intro to her newest video... why does it just cut off like that after her saying she is extremely happy... it looks like she was going to chat more tit, but she decided not to put it in.. why cant she learn how to edit if this is her job.

Reactions: 12
So in her latest Tiktok she left the house to go to work at 10am today, I have to say this is a very odd time to go to work because surely she should be going in much earlier than this, but the fact that she keeps going to work later in the day tells me that she can't be doing that much work in the school for her to be going at this time. Does anyone else find this odd.

Reactions: 17
So in her latest Tiktok she left the house to go to work at 10am today, I have to say this is a very odd time to go to work because surely she should be going in much earlier than this, but the fact that she keeps going to work later in the day tells me that she can't be doing that much work in the school for her to be going at this time. Does anyone else find this odd.
she is teaching (or whatever) parttime so depending on when her ... whatever she does starts, 10 o'clock isn't that odd, I guess.

btw I got a call earlier. I have a new job!! Starting in April, fulltime. It will be sooooo strange to work 40h a week after such a long time. And I have to leave the house. :cry: while my husband can stay home to work. will he miss me during the day?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.