Ruby Granger #36 Pumpkin Bread Activity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She doesn’t like Cathy from Wuthering Heights because she’s overly defensive and doesn’t admit her faults… the lack of self awareness is honestly kind of hilarious

• Haha
Reactions: 50
I’m about 6 minutes in and so far she’s mispronounced both Karamazov and Dostoevsky, and the most she has had to say about any of the books is that she dislikes a particular character. Wow Roobee, so scholarly and intelligent, so much to give to the world of literary criticism.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
I skipped through the video and my favourite bit has to be: "The whole book [The Queen's Gambit], her kind of the social dynamic is like a chess move in itself, which is kind of like which is why it's called The Queen's Gambit". She seems so self-assured spewing this unintelligible poppycock, it's beyond laughable. I guess child prodigy, chess afficionado Ruby Granger hasn't heard of openings and gambits?
No, because when you only play chess at night they’re not relevant.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I swear it takes more effort for her to pretend to know about the books she’s clearly not reading, and to convince everybody she JANUINELY read that stupid number in one month, than it would for her to just…? Read? And then talk about what she actually read?

But I suppose that all comes back to her not being interested in anything meant for kids older than 12, so.

Reactions: 21
when she talks about "A Kind of Spark" she clearly didn't edited it correctly lol (and she cuts herself off at mentioning she read the books "for work" – or, as she says, "for wor")
"SSOY, the first one is A Kind of Spark by (insert name because I didn't quite get the name) and this is about a young artistic (or autistic?) girl, she is in year 7" (cut) "this is about a girl in year 7, she is autistic aaaand"

Reactions: 10
I'm sorry but does anyone actually believe that she read 17 books in January because I don't and if she does then she must read them really quickly and not absorb anything about what the book is about etc. This is because when I read a book I tend to read them more slowly so that I can gain valuable knowledge, increases my ability to emphasize with the characters, helps to increase my vocabulary, helps to improve my analytical skills, and teaches me about facts that I didn't previously know.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I'm sorry but does anyone actually believe that she read 17 books in January because I certainly don't and if she does then she must read them really quickly and not absorb anything about what the book is about etc. This is because when I read a book I tend to read them more slowly so that I can gain valuable knowledge, increases my ability to emphasize with the characters, helps to increase my vocabulary, helps to improve my analytical skills, and teaches me about facts that I didn't previously know.
I do this time, but only because like 90% of them were middle grade books that even someone of her competency level could finish in a day. Usually I don’t think there’s anything wrong with adults enjoying books for younger readers, books are books, but when you make braggy youtube videos like she does every month about how you read soooo many books because you’re just so scholarly, it ends up being quite laughable that the majority of them are for kids.

Reactions: 23
"This monnth oiy radd SAVANTEEN BOHKS. Which oiy'm...ACKSTREMELY happy about ACKSHUALLY. [Hard cut to a montage of some dreary bullshit.]"

"The Brothers Karramat-thzoff by Chostorr Yothski."

"It's been on moiy TBR since oiy was THARTEEN--[Ruby realises that Tattle have noticed that she pretends to be THARTEEN all the time now instead of TWALVE in all her fictional stories about how precocious she is]--or FWORETEEN. Loike a really long toiyme."

"WOTHERING HOYTS. Oiy radd it fwore the farrst toiyme whan oiy was THARTEEN."

"ACCOIND UFFSPAHK by Ellieee Mucknickul. Anddd this is about ayyy young autistic garrl, she's in year savven. This is about a garl in year savven, she's autistic."

Throw in the towel already, Ruby, you're never going to get better at any of this.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
She doesn’t like Cathy from Wuthering Heights because she’s overly defensive and doesn’t admit her faults… the lack of self awareness is honestly kind of hilarious
She also doesn't like Oliver from Five Survive because he thinks he's better than everyone and his opinion is important... I'm noticing a pattern here

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Do we know when she’ll find out about the masters? I defo think she’s going to get into Oxford this time, I can’t see them rejecting her tbh.
From my experience applying to a Masters at Oxford, decisions come out in Mid March for January deadline applicants so still a bit of a wait!

Reactions: 10
I do this time, but only because like 90% of them were middle grade books that even someone of her competency level could finish in a day. Usually I don’t think there’s anything wrong with adults enjoying books for younger readers, books are books, but when you make braggy youtube videos like she does every month about how you read soooo many books because you’re just so scholarly, it ends up being quite laughable that the majority of them are for kids.
Yeah I have to admit I still read books for younger readers, it doesn't help though that every time she reads something she has to show it off on her social media accounts and it feels like she is showing off and saying look at what book I've just read.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Technically, I'm not in a gap year because I am doing my dissertation, but in 2022 I panicked because as Ruby I didn't have anything to put in my CV besides a very short period of teaching. So, I volunteered online (see Ruby, I didn't leave my house and managed to be productive) and worked on 30 projects for different Non profits. It filled my CV, give me a better understanding of how to freelance, I made contacts and I feel less behind my peers. You can do so much in one year.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think these kind of videos from her are ridiculous and I can never take them seriously. For her, reading a book means opening it up, taking a picture for social media, reading the back and adding it to the pile of umpteen books she supposedly got through that month. Then she pats herself on the back because absolutely no one else will do it for her. If Oxford, or anyone else, sees her videos, she will look like a fool. Let's take the Monstrous Child, for an example. She doesn't even mention how clever this work is; a retelling of the Norse Myths through the eyes of Hel, with a fun twist at the end. I thought it was ingenious, but then again, I've read Norse Mythology in detail and apparently she hasn't a clue about it. She likes the "villain" and the "time". That was it. No details about Hel's complicated relationship with the other Gods, especially her parents, or how Ragnarok played out. She had nothing worthy to say, even for a childrens/YA book. So much for her expertise even in this category. The majority of these books are quick reads, but, as usual, in her quest to read as much as possible, she understands less than 75% of each work and retains zero.

Reactions: 11
I'm listening to Ruby miss the point about Wuthering Heights and need to the ghost of Emily Bronte to come crashing through her window and clip her round the head

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Im only just over 3 minutes instead of 'the havoc it can wreak' she said 'the havoc it can wreck' lol (regarding the toxic love in Wuthering Heights)

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I enjoyed kernel pronounced as:
Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 19.37.25.png

Also, 15:12-15:14 is Ruby's actual voice and accent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
With every video her accent gets worse and it sounds more and more like one of those videos where they try to show what English sounds like to people who don't speak it. Like, I've heard most of those syllable sounds before, and sometimes they even make a real word, but she sure as hell isn't speaking any language I've ever heard before. It's like Cockney Simlish.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I honestly hope I'm not sounding rude or anything lmao, but why did she stop midway through the video to tell us she had a meeting to go to and that she'd be back later, only to like... transition immediately to her continuing with the next book? I'd assume a video like this would have cuts and stuff in it, why not just cut from one book to another? Idk it just struck me as an odd addition to the video lol

EDIT: oh no she read one of my favourite childhood books. I must not get protective and gatekeepy lol (It's King of Shadows... she called the a relationship in it unrealistic... my friend, it's a book about time travel and the part that's unrealistic.. is a friendship? 😂)

Last edited:
Reactions: 29
OMG she's still going on about Alexander Pope potentially being a Romantic poet! Like, she says she read somewhere that there's some debate as to whether he is or he isn't! I can't even. 😤

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.