Ruby Granger #36 Pumpkin Bread Activity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Credit to @Griftwood for digging this up in one of the old threads.

"HOW DAER YOU. You've gyot tyoo acksapt people as they are and yooo've gyot tyo be as koind as you possibly can. We can live harmoniously but ONLY if we eradicate bollying!"

Says the person who spent years demonising people who wear makeup, drink alcohol, go to parties or watch TV - the person who would go on to swindle various charities, run various scams and devote a huge part of her content to trying to pass her toxic productivity habits and eating disorder onto other people. The irony.

Write "STAND OP" and scribble a book on your wrist. Enjoy the hilarity of Ruby only showing concern for another person when she's also named Ruby. Take a shot any time she spontaneously changes outfits if you want to be in a coma this weekend.
0:43 "She simply loves learning and I don't see why someone should be PENILISED for that"
I'm literally laughing out loud this is the most tragic thing i've ever seen and one of her most hilarious mispronunciations. As 22 Ruby acts like 11-13 year old. This video is from back when she was 15ish, maybe i guess? And she acts like a kindergardener. Maybe by the time she's 80 she will mentally reach her 30's

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Honestly if she forgot about the planners and made merch with gold like this printed on, I would be placing orders. I'd love a HOW. DARE. YOU. tee shirt.
I'm holding out hope for her next book, 'Persephone Porter and Some Most Horrible Things'.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I am going to be totally honest here. Watching the way Ruby is regressing is just plain spooky. First hand experience. I have a cousin who was a lot like Ruby, except never educationally obsessed. She lived an extremely sheltered life, parents had plenty of money, spoiled her rotten and while she could come across as sweet and innocent, she was actually quite rude and manipulative. Because her parents didn't want to make waves and their oldest/other child was already out on her own, they allowed her to run away with her childishness. As they lived in another state, my parents and I visited and stayed for a week. It was horrendous. They insisted I, at age 22 (ironically) do an Easter egg hunt in the house. As a full-time employee, college graduate, this was absolutely ridiculous in my eyes. My cousin was supposed to be in school and instead they let her stay home, so no privacy, no space. She was glued to me like Ruby glued herself to Blakeney. Fast forward a bit, my cousin went to uni, lasted 2 months and had to drop out because she missed her parents. She never went back to school, never dated, never had a normal job. She is now 50. Her mother passed away in December. Her father is in his 90's and now in a nursing home for life. She has nothing. No money of her own, no friends, no job, no experience, nothing. I have not seen her since the 1980's and have no desire to. I don't know what she is going to do, but point being, her parent's didn't do her any favours by spoiling her or allowing her to live in her make believe world and treat this behaviour as normal. Maybe Ruby managed uni, though who knows what would have happened if Covid never existed and she had to stay on without retreating back home. At any rate, things really don't look good for Ruby and if she doesn't get help or get her act together soon, she is going to be in the same situation as my cousin, which right now means she is rapidly heading towards being homeless. You can have a lot of money, but life takes strange and unexpected turns, and health issues lead to big bills and draining of accounts. And suddenly there isn't anything left. Watching her parents accept their adult child playing waitress and all her other extremely eccentric ways is so twisted and unnerving. Surely there is something inside of Ruby that tells her she isn't behaving correctly for her age. If not, then something far more serious is in play.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
What happens if they don't indulge Ruby. My mind goes to Ruby throwing a massive tantrum or having a meltdown of some kind.
Yeah, I agree. She gives me the vibe that she has a mean temper. Not that this is an excuse to walk on eggshells around her but regardless of how much you love a family member, you can still be sick of their tit and frankly, I don't know how anyone can live with Ruby and not feel like punching a wall at least four times a day.
---
some of us have real jobs ruby we don't have time to pretend
She's dropped all pretence now 😂 At least she's honest for once haha.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Yeah, I agree. She gives me the vibe that she has a mean temper. Not that this is an excuse to walk on eggshells around her but regardless of how much you love a family member, you can still be sick of their tit and frankly, I don't know how anyone can live with Ruby and not feel like punching a wall at least four times a day.
---

Oh no, is this the start of her ''we should normalise acting like 8-year olds'' phase?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
'Embrace your inner child' posts are coming :sick: Stay away from my inner child Ruby.

Reactions: 25
The video is just thinking of things to fill a day because she has no job or like research to do and for some reason she thinks serving drinks to her family or doing over the top wrapping for a present is more productive and meaningful than just watching tv for a few hohrs

Reactions: 14
---

A FEW DAYS???

The reason children play waitress is because they can't actually do those things. Children playing pretend is how they can explore the world safely, interact with other kids, use their imagination, develop social skills etc. As an adult you don't need to play waitress, you can just make a hot drink and a snack and sit with your friends or family.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
A FEW DAYS???

The reason children play waitress is because they can't actually do those things. Children playing pretend is how they can explore the world safely, interact with other kids, use their imagination, develop social skills etc. As an adult you don't need to play waitress, you can just make a hot drink and a snack and sit with your friends or family.
Exactly!!
Besides, an adult should also find things like playing restaurant or tea party kinda...boring? And not intellectually stimulating enough to actually want to do it? (Unless when you play with an actual child of course)
I don't know it's such a weird thing to do I don't even know what to say.

It seems to me that Ruby's real passion in life isn't reading or academia, it's LARPing.

Reactions: 24
I'm just wondering what she is going to play pretend as next, she is already been a teacher, an academic, someone who likes books, and also a waitress, what's next?

Reactions: 9
I haven't watch the video, but from what I'm reading here I don't know if I even want to watch it. I mean, the things she seems to do in the video ... I'm speechless. Playing pretend as an adult, playing waitress for their own mother and filming this?! if she wants to server people coffee, she should get a job in a café and not playing at home. if she wants to act, she should pursue a career in acting.or, better, seek help!
---
I'm just wondering what she is going to play pretend as next, she is already been a teacher, an academic, someone who likes books, and also a waitress, what's next?
hmm princess? 😃

• Haha
Reactions: 8

"HOW DAER YOU. You've gyot tyoo acksapt people as they are and yooo've gyot tyo be as koind as you possibly can. We can live harmoniously but ONLY if we eradicate bollying!"

Says the person who spent years demonising people who wear makeup, drink alcohol, go to parties or watch TV - the person who would go on to swindle various charities, run various scams and devote a huge part of her content to trying to pass her toxic productivity habits and eating disorder onto other people. The irony.

Write "STAND OP" and scribble a book on your wrist. Enjoy the hilarity of Ruby only showing concern for another person when she's also named Ruby. Take a shot any time she spontaneously changes outfits if you want to be in a coma this weekend.
First off, you and Griftwood carrying the entire thread on your backs again, thank you so much you have made my day.

Secondly, I wanted to share this amazing comment I found on that video...
Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 09.22.05.png

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The thing is, I don't think it's necessarily wrong that adults should be able to enjoy the same things they did as kids. As an autistic adult, I still have a lot of the same hobbies and interests I did as a kid. I still collect stuffed animals and play the same video games I loved 20 years ago. I don't like the idea that "growing up" means you have to give up on the things you used to like. Yes, I've grown, but at my core I'm still the same person I was back then.

Except I also live alone, work full-time even through physical and mental health problems, and indulging in old childhood hobbies is a nice reprieve from the stresses of daily life. The difference with Ruby is that she comes across as spoiled and entitled, living off her YouTube ad revenue and staying rent free in her parents' mansion. She's never genuinely had to work a day in her life. I'd take less issue with her playing dress-up and reading old children's books if she had a real job or any responsibilities outside of that, but she doesn't. I don't think she feels the need to act her age or grow as a person or work through any of the psychological issues she obviously has, because she has the privilege to do pretty much whatever she wants.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
As an autistic adult, I still have a lot of the same hobbies and interests I did as a kid. I still collect stuffed animals and play the same video games I loved 20 years ago. I don't like the idea that "growing up" means you have to give up on the things you used to like. Yes, I've grown, but at my core I'm still the same person I was back then.
I completely agree with your entire post, but just wanted to point out that the things you describe here are totally normal and healthy ways to maintain childhood interests. Playing pretend as a “waitress” and forcing your parents to enable you is a completely different kettle of fish in my opinion. In the nicest possible way, she needs to get out of the house more and interact with “grown-ups” otherwise she will only regress more.

Reactions: 25
IMG_20230217_120337.jpg
IMG_20230217_120355.jpg
IMG_20230217_120412.jpg

Not to play the devil's advocate, but we all know that Ruby has never had an original thought in her life and this also is a thing other youtubers and people generally do. This home café thing is done mainly by korean youtubers, I think. Along with fake chalkboard menus and funny setups. It's true that Ruby doesn't match the quality of these home café vlogs, but I find it actually pretty sweet. My mom also makes me make the coffee when I'm with my parents.
So yeah, it's half assed, but it is kind of a trend.

• Wow
Reactions: 17

completely obsessed with this vid & whenever it resurfaces on tattle. every time i watch it, I treat myself to a morsel of serotonin by pretending that she’s talking about herself in 3rd person. oh and “hOw DAHHR yew” lives in my head rent free 😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Urgh, don't mention carnival! I've worked very hard to make my home a carnival-free zone, despite living near Düsseldorf... 😅
Trying to survive living and working in Mainz, carnival capital no. 2, and it's only just getting started 💀

---

nah from what I remember she had a friend who was also called Ruby? Then that friend told her she was getting bullied and she decided to, er, put an end to it (aka make things worse).
That sounds so much like a Ruby'ian lie. I neither knew her nor watched her vlogs at the time, but my first intuition was that she was definitely just talking about herself, obviously believing that she could defend herself in a cLeVeR and subtle yet confident way. Ruby, you failed. (Again.) Your lies have always been easy to see through.

It's scary to see though that years later she hasn't even remotely outgrown that role. Any ideas why her parents allow all that tit?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.