Ruby Granger #32 Butter Booty from Burden Blend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is just a staged shot of excessive clutter that isn't useful or practical offered up as productive multitasking, so it'd definitely be something Ruby shoots for.

Also using an expensive laptop as a coaster is the kind of baffling stupidity that Ruby would be 1,000% on board with.

I actually do like pictures of what you described as "excessive clutter that isn't useful or practical offered up as productive multitasking" 😅😂 my Pinterest boards are full of them hahaha

Reactions: 8
This is just a staged shot of excessive clutter that isn't useful or practical offered up as productive multitasking, so it'd definitely be something Ruby shoots for.

Also using an expensive laptop as a coaster is the kind of baffling stupidity that Ruby would be 1,000% on board with.
can't recommend any beverage near an (expensive) laptop. there was an accident with hot chocolate and my laptop at uni three years ago ... I don't know why people use their laptop in photos for a coaster.

Reactions: 14
i am speechless that ruby is really reading i am glad that my mom died. i dont think that she will understand the whole book or topic. i really want to know what she thinks about that. she is shocked about climate change (while flying to greece). wonder what she will think about (heavy trigger warning)
She won't think anything about it, because most of the time she's unable to think by herself. And even if she write a review about it somewhere, no one will understant a single word she uses because it will be as cryptic as it usually is when she reviews books (good trick to pretend you read something you didn't, I guess).

Reactions: 1
I actually do like pictures of what you described as "excessive clutter that isn't useful or practical offered up as productive multitasking" 😅😂 my Pinterest boards are full of them hahaha
Same! My Instagram feed is full of these posts. 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 2
She’s been thinking about why she’s choosing to be in Greece right now, and the answer is because 1) mummy and daddy were going so of course Roobee has to go as well, she can’t be left on her own and 2) she’s a rich little white girl who doesn’t want to think too closely about what she’s doing and why, because she can afford (now and for decades to come, most likely) to be oblivious to the fact that her life as it is now has very little meaning.

Deep thoughts.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
me at 4am after a night out chatting tit in someones kitchen
If we weren't talking about Ruby I would 100% think she's high
It's definitely giving "deep thoughts at 4am after getting wrecked on edibles and forgetting what you were talking about mid-sentence, so just trailing off into something completely irrelevant" vibes.

And this was the post she went with to celebrate National Poetry Day: a regurgitated Philosophy 101 idea that just veered into more nonsensical purple prose nature bullshit before she could reach a point.

Reactions: 18
"nondescript" what?
Maybe I'm wrong but that word sounds completely out of place in that sentence
None of it makes any sense at all.

"But it’s also of course defeatist when you think about it too carefully... Such a view only works if you remain distant and nondescript. If you glimpse it only vaguely through feathered twilight mists: like a line of lilac clouds behind a dusty mountain range, too far off to properly see."

So is it you, the thinker who must remain "distant and nondescript", or the idea of self-defined purpose itself that must be viewed that way? It's just complete gibberish.

Reactions: 11
None of it makes any sense at all.

"But it’s also of course defeatist when you think about it too carefully... Such a view only works if you remain distant and nondescript. If you glimpse it only vaguely through feathered twilight mists: like a line of lilac clouds behind a dusty mountain range, too far off to properly see."

So is it you, the thinker who must remain "distant and nondescript", or the idea of self-defined purpose itself that must be viewed that way? It's just complete gibberish.
I suddenly have this image of myself being ”distant and nondescript” at the office next week, I will wear something in the same shade as the walls, stay as far away from everyone as I possibly can, and communicate solely through elaborate hand gestures while simultaneously obscuring my face by waving a piece of beige thread up and down in front of my face very fast.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I suddenly have this image of myself being ”distant and nondescript” at the office next week, I will wear something in the same shade as the walls, stay as far away from everyone as I possibly can, and communicate solely through elaborate hand gestures while simultaneously obscuring my face by waving a piece of beige thread up and down in front of my face very fast.
When your boss asks what the hell you're doing, quietly hand them a book on Satre, the cover of which you'll have disguised by glueing office paperwork all over it along with a random stapler you took from someone's desk.

Although, make sure to also do this in a "distant and nondescript" fashion. So hand the book to them with one of those litter-picking claw grabbers (which you've pre-camouflaged) while avoiding eye contact.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
When your boss asks what the hell you're doing, quietly hand them a book on Satre, the cover of which you'll have disguised by glueing office paperwork all over it along with a random stapler you took from someone's desk.

Although, make sure to also do this in a "distant and nondescript" fashion. So hand the book to them with one of those litter-picking claw grabbers (which you've pre-camouflaged) while avoiding eye contact.
When I hear non-descript I just think of the clothing Disney Channel characters wear lol like solid color t-shirts with no logos on them

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Omg 😂

I really shouldn't drink or eat while reading this thread. Too much potential for spluttering.

This writing is TERRIBLE. I hate it when Ruby tries to be deep. She's as profound as a pothole.

'Self-assigned' purpose makes me think she's going to write herself another note: this is your self-assigned porpoise. No other porpoise is your porpoise. You can only have one porpoise. I wanted mummy to buy me a pony, but Sartre said that we need to find a porpoise.

Surely finding your own purpose in life would be the opposite of defeatist? I can't believe Ruby just throws that opinion out there with zero explanation, and to make matters worse, adds an 'of course' as though everyone should find existentialism defeatist. 🤦‍♀️Then she starts to waffle about being distant and nondescript which makes no sense either. She loses the plot completely and babbles on about feathered twilight mists and lilac clouds as though she's channeling Robert Plant during the Tolkien phase.

Make it stop.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
As someone with a Masters in philosophy, I can't stand the idea that some young, possibly intelligent but naïve viewers will read this and think that Ruby is such an intellectual. If you don't understand the meaning of these words, it's impossible to understand how stupid or nonsensical this is. If you gave me some math equation with fictional symbols, I couldn't tell it either. Such a simple strategy to seem intelligent, but unfortunately, it doesn't work with anyone.

Reactions: 20
Omg 😂

I really shouldn't drink or eat while reading this thread. Too much potential for spluttering.

This writing is TERRIBLE. I hate it when Ruby tries to be deep. She's as profound as a pothole.

'Self-assigned' purpose makes me think she's going to write herself another note: this is your self-assigned porpoise. No other porpoise is your porpoise. You can only have one porpoise. I wanted mummy to buy me a pony, but Sartre said that we need to find a porpoise.

Surely finding your own purpose in life would be the opposite of defeatist? I can't believe Ruby just throws that opinion out there with zero explanation, and to make matters worse, adds an 'of course' as though everyone should find existentialism defeatist. 🤦‍♀️Then she starts to waffle about being distant and nondescript which makes no sense either. She loses the plot completely and babbles on about feathered twilight mists and lilac clouds as though she's channeling Robert Plant during the Tolkien phase.

Make it stop.
Also, a dusty mountain range? It's not a shelf in her living room

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Yeah wow it is truly awful when people enjoy pop culture 😡😡😡😡 why can't they just sit in their childhood bedroom and be an intellectual like Ruby 😡😡😡 get a grip lol she is not better than anyone, despite what she purports in her videos.

Ruby isn't even "someone like Ruby" she just pretends, I find it incredibly easy to believe she got a 2:2 in her first university essay because it's super normal. And that's all she is. Despite what she was told when she was 6 or how she desperately wants to come across, she is just completely, utterly average
Can I suggest Soph30 reads “Educated” by Tara Westover

I think the most laughable thing for me, aside from her hilariously nonsensical yammerings about nature and philosophy, is the idea that she sees everything she does as self-defined purpose.

Her every waking moment is filled with meaningless busywork to impress others, faked accomplishments to make other people jealous and superficial interests that she doesn't enjoy but thinks will make others like her or praise her.

She's in a unique and privileged position where she has enough money and abundant free time to do absolutely anything she wanted in life. And she opted to waste her life trying to trick children into thinking she was VARRY busy and VARRY smart.

That's your grand purpose in life, Rubert? To waste all your time and energy spinning a poorly-woven, barely-connected string of lies for a hollow ego boost every day? Good lord, get a job.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.