Ruby Granger #30 A warm milky mug of applestoodle tea

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unexpected reminder that i’m still subscribed to their emails and may need to change that…

View attachment 1512600

The “Granger” dress is £85 and the material composition is as follows:

Main dress = 94.9% polyester; 5.1% spandex
Sleeves = 63.6% viscose, 31.5% nylon, 4.9% spandex.

Our sustainability Queen strikes again…

You can probably get something of similar quality, sustainability and durability off of Shein for a tenth of that price.

Reactions: 6
It'll never happen and there's no real grounds for it, but I'd still absolutely love if Warner Bros. fired up their lawyers and filed a legal injunction to stop her profiting off the Harry Potter franchise and using the Granger name.
I'm not a fan of Harry Potter but from what I remember in the movies, Hermione's casual style wasn't dark academia at all lol. Especially in her teen years, she was always wearing jeans and a jacket with sneakers. So whatever Ruby has gathered from the "Granger" persona is literally just the character as an 11-year-old wearing a school uniform.

Reactions: 20
Guys she read those politics for one reason only, pretend she was at oxford with them….

(joking)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
You can probably get something of similar quality, sustainability and durability off of Shein for a tenth of that price.
Wow, they/that item only go/goes up to a size 10/12? Considering Ruby was once heavier I'm surprised she didn't go up to at least a XL/2XL to at least look like she's size inclusive.

Reactions: 7
Wow, they/that item only go/goes up to a size 10/12? Considering Ruby was once heavier I'm surprised she didn't go up to at least a XL/2XL to at least look like she's size inclusive.
I hate to say this, but being asked to model probably also makes her feel validated in her ED.

Reactions: 23
I showed the partner the dress and she says that it looks like a school uniform so it's rather fitting for Ruby. We were both surprised by how little the sizes of the clothing goes for Miss Patina as it's really not inclusive and it's making me think that there is going to be more triggering content from Ruby. There's going to be more body checking or clothing videos at least as now since she's modeled.

we were just talking about what Ruby is going to do now and how much her regression is going to last. There has to be an end point at least. I think that she is getting away with it so much as she is young and she looks like a child, what are people going to think when she is running around a garden in a white nightgown when she is thirty. How many back to school videos will she continue to make in the future when she has been out of school longer than she was in it? She's been out of school for four years now at least and she is still making back to school content for children.

I don't think it's a problem that she is staying at home with her parents,as I would be a hyprocrite as I didn't move out until I was 24 to be with my fiancee. I was in univeristy which was in the same city and so was my work and I was half an hour away from uni so there was no need for me to stay. I had also stayed for reasons since I had a cat, which was more of my pet, and other personal reasons. I think that the main problem that Ruby has is that she is regressing massivly and she isn't really going out to assert her independance, and it's not like she has the money to move out on her own. I guess that it's fine that since she's close to her parents that she is wanting to stay, but the same time, it's just a random excuse for her child like behavior and avoiding the real world.

She's quite isolated living where she is and she can't drive, and she isn't going out much assumidly other than the odd event or day out in London- What do you think that her meeting with her literary agent was about? I just think that she is becoming rather stunted since she has left university, especially as there is only so many times that you can pretend to be misfied and in awe of the same fields that she walks in all the time. I think Martha is going to be the more sucessful one between them and I think that moving out is going to be so postive for her and actually working, anyone know what she does for work? I hope the best for Martha as she does seem lovely and less fake than Ruby, that is the vibe I get from them. I do wonder what she thinks of Ruby and her garden twirling especially after she's been out of the house for a while. I'm hoping that Martha moving out somehow encourages Ruby to move out or be more indpendant, but I don't think that it will. I do wonder if Ruby will like the Brighton asthetics and at least visit her unlike what she did for uni.

Reactions: 8
Sorry but miss patina just seems like PLT for girls who like dark academia lmao. Most of their clothes look mass produced and like they’re really poor quality.

Reactions: 19
Sorry to be OT but did she ever give her thoughts on Joan Didions the year of magical thinking? I've had a look but can't find it on her goodreads so I'm not 100% sure she ever finished it

Reactions: 2
Sorry to be OT but did she ever give her thoughts on Joan Didions the year of magical thinking? I've had a look but can't find it on her goodreads so I'm not 100% sure she ever finished it
She’s marked it as read but no review of any kind.

Reactions: 1
yikes the dress is way to expensive for something made out of plastic. I can use a bin bag for less then 85 pounds.
lol just converted the pound price into euro... and that makes it even worse. 100 EUROS?!?! FOR PLASTIC?! I just looked at a German sustainable, fair fashion brand and they sell dresses for under 100 €. they aren't dark academia or anything, but they are sustainable, they use organic cotton, some clothes are made of zero-carbon Tencel. I'd love to buy them but most dresses, skirts, blouses etc. are too long for me and I'm also trying to sew my own things or wear what I have and is still in good condition. I don't understand why Ruby still thinks it's okay to show off those plastic stuff. As a vegan, shouldn't she be more pro sustainable and responsible made clothes? I'm not even a vegan and try to be as environmentally friendly as possible.

Quote from the Miss Patine website regarding their fabric:
The materials we use are sustainable, as this allows for more cost-effective and efficient production.
Spandex? Polyester? Nylon?

Reactions: 17
Ruby is also modelling the Villette Dress yet unlike the Granger dress this is more size inclusive as it goes up to a XXL which is apparently a UK Size 16, but according to the UK size charts the dresses aren't matching the equivalent size of what they should be.
1660989156300.png

1660989254216.png

Reactions: 2
I just scrolled through the Miss Patina website and all the models look exactly like Ruby (skinny and white) - so I would argue its worse than fast fashion brands like PLT or ASOS because at least they are now much more inclusive in both the sizes and their advertising.

Maybe in Ruby's head because it isn't fashionable it doesn't count as fast fashion

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I just scrolled through the Miss Patina website and all the models look exactly like Ruby (skinny and white) - so I would argue its worse than fast fashion brands like PLT or ASOS because at least they are now much more inclusive in both the sizes and their advertising.

Maybe in Ruby's head because it isn't fashionable it doesn't count as fast fashion
Literally a size 16 being the max size is just shocking. That’s like the average size of a british woman these days

Reactions: 14
Not only is it validating her ED as others have said but it's simultaneously validating her (not unrelated) desire to be seen as a child. "Little Bookworm".

Ruby must be happier than when she posted this image on her 21st and all her fans rushed to tell her she looked 12.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Not only is it validating her ED as others have said but it's simultaneously validating her (not unrelated) desire to be seen as a child. "Little Bookworm".

Ruby must be happier than when she posted this image on her 21st and all her fans rushed to tell her she looked 12.
who even says that at 21?

Reactions: 11
Still, I feel like Ruby just isn’t interested in that sort of tit (or politics at all for that matter) so I don’t know why she has so many books either written by or about tories.
She just has them to bulk up her “total books read” number IMO

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.