Ruby Granger #30 A warm milky mug of applestoodle tea

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is she pushing the biscuit thing on both TikTok and Instagram? It's giving "lyook at my drawing, mummy!" vibes. She needs to get out into the real world.

Reactions: 6
I mean you don't have to know how to speak French to know that ambience is pronounced 'ahm-bee-ahnce' not am-be-anss'. I've never heard anyone pronounce ambience the English way because it just sounds so wrong.. And I personally don't think it sounds weird to say ambience the French way when you're speaking English. You don't call someone's name the English way if it's a foreign language name so why should it be different for words? Correct pronunciations of words exist for a reason... I just feel likt it makes you sound like you understand languages and pronunciations when you pronounce a word how it's supposed to sound it its original language. It's just like listening to Americans or Ruby trying to speak Spanish and not rolling the r's, or even trying to even pronounce the words correctly. It hurts to listen to.
I mean there are certain sounds in other languages that are very difficult to pronounce if your native language doesn't have them, maybe other people can learn it easier but I literally cannot roll my R's for example or do the Welsh 'll' sound no matter how much I try🤷 if I heard someone speaking a language that wasn't english and they used an english word but didn't pronounce it 'correctly' I wouldn't care, as long as you know what they're trying to say it's not really a big deal😅

Reactions: 4
If she’s 22 and painting biscuits for an ig post (without being an artist/putting out art content) safe to say she needs get a job. What a gap year

• Haha
Reactions: 22
If she’s 22 and painting biscuits for an ig post (without being an artist/putting out art content) safe to say she needs get a job. What a gap year
It's literally primary school activity tit. Do some childish arts and crafts for a gold star and then have milk and biscuits.

And if I have to hear her smugly smack her lips one more time...It might be worse than the obnoxious finger-pointing.

Reactions: 20
i still can't believe she's taken a year out to be a WRITOR and she's using her time to paint biscuits and make an edwardian desk setup

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Telling u right now by the end of this gap year she’s gonna pull a Bertha Mason, it’s only a matter of time before the candles go rogue
E0A87404-814C-4D67-9267-584612E7D138.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 15
20220710_1932589976778683459056795678775-978974489067409345768764RWER5345345357098]7.png

"the ocean" 😂😂😂

20220710_1932589976778683459056795678754675-978974489067409345768764RWER5345345357098]7.png

20220710_193258997677868356756459056795678754675-978974489067409345768764RWER5345345357098]7.png

No early years teachers around to give her a pat on the back, so she's had to do it herself.

I can't. This is just too funny. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
If it is a hobby then I'm all for Ruby to do it, however, I am admittedly expecting for Gossip Guy to find a Patrick Bateman esq note in her notion page about how she is going to become a great artist and it is her identity now as being a writer isn't working out. Any idea why she was painting biscuits out of all things?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
If it is a hobby then I'm all for Ruby to do it, however, I am admittedly expecting for Gossip Guy to find a Patrick Bateman esq note in her notion page about how she is going to become a great artist and it is her identity now as being a writer isn't working out. Any idea why she was painting biscuits out of all things?
So she could subtly insist she eats food

Reactions: 10
So she could subtly insist she eats food
The bit about sitting down with a friend, tea and a ”large plate of biscuits” on her insta post kind of gives it away, she’s trying really hard to convince someone that she eats normally.

Unless she’s secretly a feeder and the ”friend” eats all the biscuits 👀

Reactions: 10
Any idea why she was painting biscuits out of all things?
She is a biscuitophile! THAT IS HER IDENTITY!

I imagine she's lighting the sponsor signal for someone to start gifting her biscuits along with her endless supply of tea and snack bars. She got to do some children's activities in the process to pretend she's 7, so it was a win-win for her.

I'm old enough to remember when Ruby was snottily sneering that she doesn't "dyoo art", in the same video that she was recommending that other people spend hundreds of pounds on art supplies for "last minute filler gifts".

• Haha
Reactions: 16
No early years teachers around to give her a pat on the back, so she's had to do it herself.

I can't. This is just too funny. 😂
To be fair, we did say that once Ruby had finished uni she’d start school again at the beginning. Seems like we were right …

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I check Tattle and find we're all arguing about ambience. 😂 This thread always brings the surprises.

If I pronounced it the French way, people around me would stare and laugh. But I'm from the North East. I'm used to hearing words that have passed through a lovely Geordie filter.

How long before she starts doing potato prints?

This is the frustrating thing about Ruby. She has a wealth of time and resources, yet spends her day painting biscuits. I want to ship her belongings to someone who'll actually use them.

‘Taking the candle, it retreated to the door’ should be the next thread title.
I'm making the nomination official. 😆

Thread title: Ruby Granger #31 Taking the candle, it retreated to the door.

Reactions: 17
I check Tattle and find we're all arguing about ambience. 😂
Sorry to be quoting your post, I’m too lazy to go back. 🥴 Where is this energy for words like karaoke or bungalow though? If one, why not all? All languages borrow from other languages and adapt them to their own pronunciations. Japanese is a big example of this (and the one with which I’m probably most familiar with), they adopt a lot of loanwords and pronounce them according to their syllable structure (e.g. bike —> baiku, cake —> keki).

Reactions: 4
I mean there are certain sounds in other languages that are very difficult to pronounce if your native language doesn't have them, maybe other people can learn it easier but I literally cannot roll my R's for example or do the Welsh 'll' sound no matter how much I try🤷 if I heard someone speaking a language that wasn't english and they used an english word but didn't pronounce it 'correctly' I wouldn't care, as long as you know what they're trying to say it's not really a big deal😅
This. It goes massively into language development etc, some ESL children I used to teach really struggled with certain British phonemes because their tongues literally couldn't make the shape. Or (and cos I'm learning Finnish lol) Finnish people struggle with 'v' because there is no 'v' sound in Finnish. It's not as simple as it might first appear, language and pronunciation is a Big Deal.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.