Ruby Granger #30 A warm milky mug of applestoodle tea

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her going on about harvest just reminds of the song from primary school assemblies
F635168C-B3A2-4646-8F95-C01E2248D771.jpeg

English lit degree holder fails to understand the meaning of secret 👍🏽
FE85BB73-A2EE-4105-ABBB-08C93680FABE.png

• Haha
Reactions: 16
So just watching the new video
Mr scapier said it looks like one of your residents has escaped

And small human2 just started crying guessing she's not a fan

Never mind that, what about the spring of lavender! I thought it was pre-autumn Rubes?
I honestly thought the secret ingredient was going to be a bee

And again its a bloody heat wave incase anyone missed it its hot why is she prancing around in tights and a cardie

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
So just watching the new video
Mr scapier said it looks like one of your residents has escaped

And small human2 just started crying guessing she's not a fan

I honestly thought the secret ingredient was going to be a bee

And again its a bloody heat wave incase anyone missed it its hot why is she prancing around in tights and a cardie
Wouldve placed bets on the secret ingredient being the corpse of one of the flies from her bedroom desk

• Haha
Reactions: 15
If she does the claw again, I'm calling the police, seriously. I simply can't stand when she does it.

photo_2022-08-11 18.36.29.jpeg
photo_2022-08-11 18.36.32.jpeg
photo_2022-08-11 18.36.35.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Decided to show my fiancée some of ruby's videos as she was curious after the seeing Ruby run around like a Victorian ghost in a field. I showed her some videos like morning routines, her Victorian child what I eat in a day video and her tiktoks, and also moments like the frozen peas and her monologue of wonder where she is nearly crying over berries.

My fiancée's reaction to Ruby was just utter confusion and she couldn't believe that Ruby is in her twenties and was convinced she was fourteen. She also thinks that Ruby is detached from reality and seems to be in her own little world than in reality with her field frolicking and wearing boaters. She noticed the weight loss on Ruby and found her food habits odd, especially the frozen peas and the Victorian child food video.

Any videos I should horrify my fiancée with or Ruby moments?

I know it's an old hat talking about the Victorian eating video but we were talking about how she could have done a Victorian vegetarian food video as there is plenty of recipies online and it was very trendy at the time, it would have been more interesting than a Victorian child's food video.

Reactions: 9
I must tell you, watching this video when it's still 27°C at night (and 10°C more during the day these past days), with the distinct smell of nearby forests on fire since WEEKS, it has been an experience for sure. And I consider myself lucky enough to live in one of the coldest places in France right now, still far from the fires but in the warmth of the night, you can still smell them and when you suffer from asthma like I do... Well, let's say I've known better summers.

Ruby saying it's pre-Autumn isn't even tone deaf at this point, it's straight up delusional.

Reactions: 22
She's obsessed with autumn not because she likes it but because she associates the season with the start of school...because she so badly wants to be 12 again

Reactions: 24
English lit degree holder fails to understand the meaning of secret 👍🏽View attachment 1491673
She also failed to understand the meaning of "spring". I think you meant "sprig of lavender", Rubert.

Her stalking her desolate wasteland of a garden barefoot in an old nightie snatching unwashed fruit from the trees and eating it no matter what dirt, bugs and bacteria might be all over it. Syo ass-tattic!

Okay so. At first I thought the video was nice, at least the beginning with the drone shots. and some nature footage. But why does she these sudden cuts? loud machine whisking dough, cut. Crunching feet. sudden cut. I would lay some soothing music over the loud noise of the machine.
and why is she wearing a thick jumper in the garden center and while baking?
again, sudden cutting during the voice over.
Despite her vast wealth and her relying on filmmaking as her primary source of income, she's never bothered to invest in a dedicated microphone and windshield and she's never once improved at the technical aspects of making videos in 7+ years. It's an almost impressive level of incompetence. Most people will naturally improve at practical things even unknowingly when doing them consistently over long periods of time, but Ruby's never gotten better in any way.

I love that Ruby recorded a bunch of fake birdsong to put over her video as ambient score, but instead of doing so with proper equipment, she just recorded the audio with an iPhone while leaning out her bedroom window. There's wind rustling everywhere and the constant sound of her bumping and brushing against the mic or the sounds of nearby banging. She also gives up on this entirely after the opening montage and the rest is just a crunching, clattering cacophony of awful noise. Ruby's also too stupid to realise that you can just buy royalty-free ambient score packs like that and it'll sound infinitely better.

Visually, she's just as inept. After nearly a decade of making and consuming video content, she still doesn't understand how basic framing and composition works, so we get lengthy shots like this:

Untitled4564768690-6657775676785ery6799896998-ere57867689.jpg

5716f027aefa9cddcc09487a831354d365be9c4b&rid=giphy.gif

Ruby set up the camera, didn't bother to check whether she was centred in frame, clearly visible and not obscured by random trees, didn't bother getting a second take, etc. This was good enough for Ruby, who never stops talking about the aesthetics of things and how much of a struggle being a perfectionist is.

Speaking of technical stupidity...

Untitled456476866657775676785ery696998-ere54689.jpg

Ruby has entered the modern era! 4K video! Not sure why that K isn't capitalised like it should be, but a new era of increased pixel resolution has begun! We can now recoil in horror at the filth and squalor of Ruby's room and spot all the random incriminating tit she left showing on her computer screen in 4 times the pixel resolution!

Untitled4564768690-6657775676785ery696998-ere54689.jpg

Oh. Well. Never mind. Ruby just saw "4K" in a lot of other autumnal nature videos on YouTube and decided to shove it into her title with no idea what it meant.

"My FRAND Andrea -- a FRAND from Nyorway..."

friend.gif

"Seasons aren't a linear thing. You dyon't johst soddenly SWITCH."

Self-proclaimed genius who once said she understood the universe on a molecular level fails to understand the difference between seasons and weather.

Untitled4564768690-665789087756780456496785ery4546799896998-ere57867689.jpg

Thanks to Ruby's mummy filming with a drone camera, we can see over the neighbour's fence. Their garden is well maintained, their furniture in good condition. There's also no makeshift drug den shanty town. It's a stark difference to Ruby's family, who only make sure the front yard is neat and presentable and let the rear of the house turn into an apocalyptic shithole. It's also enlightening: Despite Ruby's narcissistic superiority complex and her constant middle-class elitism and entitlement, I get the distinct impression that her neighbours probably see her family as the scummy problem neighbours lowering the value of their property.

This is an entire video in which Ruby tries desperately to imitate the verbose nature-fetishizing poetry she's been skimming through lately. What insight does Ruby have to bring to the table?

Well, Ruby is writing entire journal entries to try to prove that she really does use her Ponkin' Produrlitree Nyotebock. This day's entry centres around Ruby's latest ornithological discovery: Birds don't talk like human beings.

Untitled4564768690-66578908775676785ery6799896998-ere57867689.png

Someone get David Attenborough on the phone, he might need to know about the shocking revelation that birds communicate through sounds...

Untitled4564768690-66578908775678096785ery6799896998-ere57867689.png

Pretend germaphobe writhes all over the dirty ground, her tea perched in the dirt to collect whatever stray soil and debris wasn't already in the cup when she made it, all while filling a notebook with Forrest Gumpian observations about the world around her.

She rambles incoherently about the impermanence of all things because the seasons change, and if she were smarter I'd assume this were one big laboured metaphor for the rapid fading of her youth, but she's just a dumbass.

"Oiy think byoootee is found in bravity. In toiyme constraints and limits and stopwatches. The seasons are beeyootifol nyot becozz they comm, but becozz they leave."

Meanwhile, Ruby's out here trying to make Autumn last the whole year and her childhood last a lifetime. Ruby also apparently can't tell the difference between the natural signposts of time, like seasonal changes or a year going by, and self-imposed time restrictions, like forcing yourself to do something in a 1 hour time window for no reason at all when - if you're Ruby - you have a wide-open schedule of time in which to do it.

She presents most of this video as though it were a single day, even adding title cards to supposedly separate the footage into distinct days.

Untitled4564768690-66578908775678096785ery4546799896998-ere57867689.jpg

Only, as usual, there's about a dozen outfit changes in the first "day" of footage. Remember, time is beautiful because it's linear and fleeting, unless you're Ruby and then time is happening all at once in all directions. Time is meaningless in the haunted, dilapidated Bones Manor.

Her actual writing - creating the books she keeps claiming she's writing AWHL THE TOIYME and will apparently catapult her to the top of all bestseller lists - clearly isn't going well at all. She's refusing to show any of it. She said she was doing Camp Nanowrimo last month and instantly gave up.

'Lottie Parton and the Autumnal Abduction' is out on submission, and it must be pure silence or endless rejection from publishers, because she's burrowing deeper into her world of childish fantasy trying to recapture her youth (her go-to coping mechanism whenever she's threatened with having to face adulthood or is reminded that she's not a gifted child genius) and desperately sharing all this pretentious poetry drivel to her echo chamber of fans to get the blind praise and gratification she wants.

There's also a HEE-YOOGE family reunion with all the people she hasn't seen in yaaahrs, and Martha's nowhere to be seen.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
i'm so so confused at the new video. What the hell is "pre-autumn"? What is "4k"?

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 7.55.33 PM.png

Why is her hair so tangled and dirty? Why is she barefoot and why are her feet shaped like that? Is she cosplaying one of the hobbits??

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Why won't she just get a haircut? She has beautiful hair but it's so long and the ends look damaged, it just looks like a mess constantly. Cutting only a few inches and getting some layers would make her look a lot more tidy.

I also don't get how she can sleep in her bed. It's so undone and all over the place. Honestly the state of their entire house/backyard is stressful.

Reactions: 20
View attachment 1492138
Rubes is you ok??

View attachment 1492140
Apparently not. Why is that bed sagging so much? Why is her room so messy, and why is the camera at a "creepy webcam" angle? Aren't those covers way too warm for summer? And oh lord, she's wearing the same dress she laid in the dirt in...

Here are her "aesthetic" shots, for your viewing pleasure:
View attachment 1492143
A mug on top of a patch of dirt, out of focus. A ball on a stick, in focus.

View attachment 1492144
A poor cat running away just as Rupert the Ghost appears. Half the shot is blocked by foliage, the other by a truck (anachronism much?).

View attachment 1492150
Dry grass in case you haven't seen any this summer...

View attachment 1492151
Here Ruby gleefully rips a dandelion out of the ground, blows the seeds, then smugly deposits it in the most sociopathic manner.

View attachment 1492153
Close-up of her shoe, in case you're feeling masochistic I guess? Or this is pre-Autumn from the POV of an ant! What a genius, Ruby! 5 stickers for you.

View attachment 1492155
The lavender was so beautiful, now she's massacred it so it looks like a bowl of insect droppings.

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 8.17.21 PM.png

Even with her head cut off she really looks like a 50 year old woman here.

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 8.28.51 PM.png

She looks at her letters in contempt, with tight lips and an annoyed frown.

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 8.30.11 PM.png

The crooked shot is triggering my perfectionism. The mismatched furniture as well.
Why is there a couch outside? What if it rains?

A rushed, ham-fisted ad at the end. And then:
Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 8.32.33 PM.png

Is Rubes ok? It's clearly still the afternoon here. She's actually delusional.

-ABRUPT END-

What exactly is she trying to accomplish with this video? It was so jarring, so un-aesthetic, so un-relaxing. Production quality is the same as when she'd just started Youtube 7 years ago. There's no coherent theme, no continuity at all. Definitely one of the most confusing and entertaining Rube videos to date. I would actually laugh if I weren't so appalled by what I saw. She's truly the gift that keeps on giving.

She's definitely trying to copy the TheCottageFairy but fails miserably. For example, is like a a Ghibli movie in comparison. The lighting is so gentle, and there's some cozy recipes in there. After watching her videos I feel calm and loved.

While Ruby can fake being a smart bookworm, she can't fake being a good Youtuber. The proof is right there, in front of your eyes.

Edit: I apologize for the state of this post. It's almost as messy as the video itself..

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 8.51.21 PM.png

This top comment sums it up so well.

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 8.55.00 PM.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Why won't she just get a haircut? She has beautiful hair but it's so long and the ends look damaged, it just looks like a mess constantly. Cutting only a few inches and getting some layers would make her look a lot more tidy.
Equal parts Ruby equating long, blonde hair with looking like a child-like princess and Ruby not wanting to make any major changes to the length of her hair because it will make it impossible for her to recycle old content as new on Instagram or shove old footage into a video and pretend it all happened on the same day.

She struggles enough with being bothered to keep her clothing and nail polish consistent in her faked "daily" vlogs, if her hair switched from full-length to a shoulder-length bob and back 14 times a video, no amount of her lies would explain it even to her naïve fans.

Edit:

Untitled4564768690-665789087756789-0456496785ery4546799896998-ere57867689.jpg

Ruby went to London like this...I just can't.

Iron your damn clothes, Ruby, you feckless mess.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Equal parts Ruby equating long, blonde hair with looking like a child-like princess and Ruby not wanting to make any major changes to the length of her hair because it will make it impossible for her to recycle old content as new on Instagram or shove old footage into a video and pretend it all happened on the same day.

She struggles enough with being bothered to keep her clothing and nail polish consistent in her faked "daily" vlogs, if her hair switched from full-length to a shoulder-length bob and back 14 times a video, no amount of her lies would explain it even to her naïve fans.

Edit:

View attachment 1492194

That damn boater needs to be burned

Reactions: 12
She also failed to understand the meaning of "spring". I think you meant "sprig of lavender", Rubert.
Of all the things that baffle me about Ruby (and there are many) it’s her constant misuse of language that bothers me the most. I don’t mean to shame anyone as I know that there are lots of reasons why someone might struggle with words and grammar, but I genuinely don’t think that they apply to Ruby. She’s a native speaker of English, an alleged ‘bookworm’ and logophile, she’s had an expensive private education and has gained top grades for English at GCSE, A-Level and now has a first-class degree in Literature from a Russell Group university, and yet she constantly misuses, misspells and misappropriates words.

I know people will leap to her defence and say ‘oh it’s spellcheck’ but the fact that Ruby either isn’t proof-reading anything that she publishes online or the fact that she doesn’t know that what she’s written is incorrect just slightly mind-blowing to me, given that being a WROITER is her whole identity. A ‘spring’ of lavender … How can you get to 22/23 with Ruby’s background and not know the word ‘sprig’? The whole essence of being a writer - sorry, WROITER - is that you use words to convey feelings, thoughts and images. You might use them unconventionally but in order to break rules you first need to understand them and Ruby just … doesn’t. What’s worse is that she doesn’t seem to know enough to know that she’s making these constant mistakes.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Edit:

View attachment 1492194

I don’t get why Ruby can’t just film a video in one day, rather than over several days. She makes things so much harder for no reason.

Reactions: 5
597DB1D9-69CC-43D5-AFFC-B281FEAC28DB.png

So glad some of the viewers have their heads screwed on. Pre-Autumn? What a load of bull.

Reactions: 36
Of all the things that baffle me about Ruby (and there are many) it’s her constant misuse of language that bothers me the most. I don’t mean to shame anyone as I know that there are lots of reasons why someone might struggle with words and grammar, but I genuinely don’t think that they apply to Ruby. She’s a native speaker of English, an alleged ‘bookworm’ and logophile, she’s had an expensive private education and has gained top grades for English at GCSE, A-Level and now has a first-class degree in Literature from a Russell Group university, and yet she constantly misuses, misspells and misappropriates words.

I know people will leap to her defence and say ‘oh it’s spellcheck’ but the fact that Ruby either isn’t proof-reading anything that she publishes online or the fact that she doesn’t know that what she’s written is incorrect just slightly mind-blowing to me, given that being a WROITER is her whole identity. A ‘spring’ of lavender … How can you get to 22/23 with Ruby’s background and not know the word ‘sprig’? The whole essence of being a writer - sorry, WROITER - is that you use words to convey feelings, thoughts and images. You might use them unconventionally but in order to break rules you first need to understand them and Ruby just … doesn’t. What’s worse is that she doesn’t seem to know enough to know that she’s making these constant mistakes.
Exactly! She can't even grasp basic SPELLING, let alone use varied sentence structure and correct tone and all the things good writers do. The tit she's written/ published are atrocious, choppy and incoherent. Even her pronunciation is always off- not just due to the fake accent she puts on either. The first-class EngLit degree is laughable and honestly quite sad. THIS is the gold standard?? I cry.

And not even just her WROITER identity. Her BOOKWERM identity is a complete sham too. She reads 100 books a year but hasn't come across the word "sprig"? All writers start their career by being readers- her fake identity is built on another fake identity. No wonder she's so easily swayed- her ego is very fragile and can only stand with external validation.

English is the only language she knows. And she's STILL this bad at it. How embarrassing.

Reactions: 15

I'm convinced she has some sort of issue with processing or producing written words. She gets too many of them wrong. And very easy ones too. "Sprig" has five letters. Like come on. It's a common word too.
I see no other reason as to how an aspiring writer writing in their native language would make so many obvious spelling mistakes when posting online.

Honestly it just makes me a bit sad for her that she literally has zero skills lol. The one thing she should be good at is words and she's embarrassingly bad at it, and she can't really do anything else.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.