Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

gossip_guy

VIP Member
I have honestly just spend the last few minutes looking for Amunsta Quorls and the shopkeeper was indeed correct no such book exists so why was Ruby mentioning that We Were Wolves reminds her of this when the book doesn't exist in the first place.
Not to worry, I went back to Waterstones and after a lot of searching, I found a copy hiding in the stock room.

91ikWqzKVQL copy.jpg

The Waterstones employee will be VARRY embarrassed to learn how wrong he was, if he ever comes back from his lunch.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Sorry but miss patina just seems like PLT for girls who like dark academia lmao. Most of their clothes look mass produced and like they’re really poor quality.

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Mm this is such a good point. She really used the fact that they didn’t go to university to make it seem like she’s had so many struggles to overcome… when she’s literally a landlord
Reminds me of the time she responded to the assumption that she was rich by downplaying it massively, defining her parents as just "financially stable" and noted that she was very grateful and aware of how privileged she is to have her own room, never mentioning that she has her own fucking house.

She took the opportunity to point out there that none of her family went to university and most didn't get far in school, painting it as a real rags-to-riches underdog story that she has wealth and privilege.

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Adding on to the above, Ryoobee continues to share insightful book recommendations and climate-conscious outfits on Tiktok
And she's going hard on trying to make her TikTok successful, even though half the commenters on there are just roasting her. Stepping outside her echo chamber wasn't a great plan. She's also been accused of paying for TikTok's 'Promote' feature to boost her views and buying her way to success.

• Wow
  • Haha

Chickpea9

And why in the illiterate, dusty fuck have her dirty sheets gone unchanged and unmoved for several months? What a grimy little goblin.
I know it’s early but I’d like to nominate

Ruby Granger #31 Why in the illiterate, dusty fuck?

• Haha
  • Heart

rubysdeadfly

Chatty Member
Also at the end where she admitted to feeling embarrassed about the fact she was taking a year out to write?? Like yeah you should be, you’re basically regressing to childhood in your childhood bedroom
I feel like she's embarrassed because she knows how privileged and spoiled it seems to 99% of other graduates who have to get a job, move out etc. Her whole speech reeked of privilege like it doesn't occur to her most of the people she's graduating with have to at least try and get their lives together as they enter the world of work/actual adult life

Scapier88

VIP Member
Now now remember this is the same Ruby who the other week said she wanted her videos to only be 10/15mins long

• Haha

Mr.Mistoffelees

Chatty Member
Recreating famous paintings is what some of us did in quarantine when all of a sudden we had a lot of free time on our hands. I can't believe she'll spend her gap year cosplaying Victorian models, posting cringey, unedited poetry on her Instagram, and pretending to repurpose furniture she used as a child.

Absolutely howling at the fact that she gave Paradise Regained four stars.

"The story is so ephemeral, the pacing is so circuitous, but I found Milton's message to be rather parenthetical. I would prefer if the character of the Devil would be applicable in a modern context."

-Ruby Granger's upcoming Goodreads review, probably

• Haha

figgypud

Chatty Member
I hate her simpering, manufactured "naturally profound" bookworm voice. Nauseating. I also hate the wannabe-professor claw-hand gesturing.

She says CMBYN is "all very under the surface and implied as opposed to anything particularly happening". No? I remember that book being fairly explicit. It's poetically done but it's completely unambiguous, it's definitely more than "implied".

Oh, she's now saying it's "very graphic", too graphic for her in some places, so words just don't mean anything in Ruby World, I guess.

Ruby barely swallows her annoyance about most books being "swarming with romance", then highlights "especially YA fiction", but continues to default to reading YA. I don't love romance, if I read about relationships I typically want it to be a queer relationship because that's what I relate to, but also not every book about a couple = romance.

Then she says something about "the character of 'I' and 'me'" and I have no idea what she means by that. Do you mean first person, Ruby??

She also recommends Atonement, a WWII novel, as a summer read - but only the first half!

She recommends a book called Me and Emma, which she read when she was 12. It's about child abuse, so very summery? I think she forgot whether she was filming a "summer books" or a "books I wish I could read for the first time again" video.

At the end we find out Ruby is reading "The Life of Elves" and she tells us very seriously "it's not actually about elves, which I'm quite glad about" so who knows what drew her to pick it up. It's got a nice automnal feeling though.

• Haha

emmer_moans

VIP Member
😬
She's going to be an embryo soon if she doesn't stop regressing. She is not okay mentally.
Her sister marrrrrrrfa (or however she spells it) will probably calm down, hold down a full time job, move out soon. By contrast Ruby will be wearing pigtails and nightgowns at 6pm, muttering to herself in the garden.

I think she should go on a residential writing course or something related to her craft. That way, she gets to write, spend time with fellow writers and also experience something outside of home and school/uni.

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
Re downplaying their own privilege and trying to fit into oppressed minorities, I don't think it's shame as much as just trying to make themselves look more "interesting" or feel special. It's just attention seeking basically

xoxoxo13

VIP Member
When is she going to understand that posting pics of her 'modeling' and going 'I got paid for modeling but not for posting these!!!' is not how ad disclosure works. she's so daft.

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Some like Jade, their content is cringey and fake but at least it's the kind of tiktok that gets clicks and resonates with some people. Ruby's is just a mess all over the place. Remember when she did yoga at a gas station because ???
She'll really struggle to find a sustainable audience there because she has no sense of humour, style or self-awareness, and her brand of superficial, childish nonsense is far too out of touch to be popular on there. She's not smart, funny, talented or relatable and she's not someone the TikTok crowd will view as an aspirational figure. She has nothing at all to offer but unintentional cringe.

She won't crack Booktok because she doesn't read and has nothing remotely intelligent to say. (Today's book recommendation: The PARKS of Being a Wallflower. Ruby recites a half-assed cover blurb yet again and has nothung further to add.)

The only engagement she's getting is from the fans she brought with her and the people who're roasting her. She's hammering that Promote option to try to buy her way to success, but I don't think she realises that all that's going to do is open her up to a bigger, new audience who won't hesitate to ridicule her. She's not insulated there the same way she is on YouTube and she's far too thin-skinned to roll with the punches and laugh at herself.

It's not going to do any favours to sign up for a whole new platform of reminders that she's wildly out of touch and her minor fame and relevance are fading fast. Even her loyal fanbase on YouTube is deserting her. She has 709,000 followers on YouTube and she's struggled to sell 1,200 planners. She could only convince 0.17% of her followers to buy her merch. As a test case for how marketable Ruby's name is, it's disastrous, and her literary agent should be sweating right now considering that's the only reason she got signed.

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Great, she spent the day with Miss Patina, I guess they saw she was still wearing other brands some of the time and decided to fix that.
Untitled56447895.jpg

It looks like they've let her do a photoshoot for their autumn line because they couldn't get anyone else to model their more ridiculous looking child's clothes for adults, with their comically oversized Harry Hill collars.

Untitled89056447895.jpg

hh.jpg

Of course her renewed fake obsession with it being autumn all year was just a precursor to something she's being paid for, and it shouldn't come as much surprise that the first time she visits and names an independent book shop instead of one of the Waterstones brand, it's because the Miss Patina photographer took her there.

Untitled789890564489897895.jpg

Untitled890564489897895.jpg

Even less shocking is how she can't pose for photos without looking like a robotic alien fresh off the spaceship, gazing dead-eyed at the confusing world around her, or handling books like she has no clue what they are or how they work.

She also can't help herself and since this is a sponsor partnership, naturally she starts lying about how Miss Patina is her favourite place to shop, even though every single item she's ever had from them was gifted, half of which she just resold at practically full price on Depop. She loves them so much that she can't even say their name properly, it's always "MissPAH...teenah" when she says it.

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
The pronunciation discourse must end I can't take it anymore
I know. I can’t believe we’ve done like 5 fucking pages arguing with someone who is blatantly trolling over the pronunciation of fucking ambience. Someone get Ruby to do something controversial!!!

• Haha

StatusWoe

VIP Member
Nothing to see here, just Ruby getting defensive. :LOL:
View attachment 1509226
No she doesn't *always* declare ads. She just posted about those Perkier snack bars saying that it 'wasn't a sponsorship or anything', except she does have a long-standing connection to Perkier. They've been sending her boxes of gifted snack bars for years now. Just because they're not sponsoring that specific post doesn't mean there isn't a relationship between her current recommendation and her previous/future sponsorships. I can't tell whether she's deceptive or just dumb.

Also, I disagree with the last sentence. A lot of the time, shopping from small, independent retailers is more expensive than buying mass-produced items. It's hard for smaller shops to compete price-wise with larger stores. It's easy for someone like Ruby to say 'don't buy clothes from Primark' for example, but the truth is, people buy from Primark because the clothes are really cheap and lots of people don't have the money to shop around in different places. If anything, the economic crisis will make it harder for consumers to be selective about their buying habits because they'll be forced to opt for whatever option's cheapest. I don't think she understands that a lot of people won't be doing that much shopping, full stop.

• Heart