Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bananapeel

With that material composition, the dress may:

- make you feel sweaty, because the material doesn't breathe
- pill
- give off microplastics when washed (hello polyester)
- lose shape eventually, because of the high amount of spandex

Reactions: 20

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Ah, cue lots of references to "au-tomminull" vibes and "pomp-kins" or whatever else she mispronounces.

• Haha

Griftwood

VIP Member
She also mentioned The Perks of Being A Wallflower, One of Us Is Lying and her current middle-grade read so she's basically named every book she's ever read in one TikTok.
For someone holding a degree in English Literature (First Class, no less!), you’d think she’d have a good stock of well known characters to refer to from all the classics she’s read, but nope. Middle grade and YA.

Griftwood

VIP Member
Most booktubers read books, Roobee just dreams of reading them. At least she’s being somewhat honest?

ADE84139-1F22-4481-99E1-4BB77C98EE1F.jpeg

• Haha

gossip_guy

VIP Member
If she’s 22 and painting biscuits for an ig post (without being an artist/putting out art content) safe to say she needs get a job. What a gap year
It's literally primary school activity shit. Do some childish arts and crafts for a gold star and then have milk and biscuits.

And if I have to hear her smugly smack her lips one more time...It might be worse than the obnoxious finger-pointing.

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Okay hey I actually have to defend her here: it’s a kinda big trend if you have Harry Potter content on four fyp and the point is to go through the filter and think of your family history on the spot as if you were in a conversation with someone on the train.

The way she did it was absolutely Ruby style tho. Making the other person out to be a bully just because while throwing subtle shade at Slytherin herself? Also not sure but I think the notion of having two dads made her cringe for a second? And of course her voice sounded like the British™️ program in her brain was overheating.

But I think it’s nice to see her trying some trends. Maybe she actually enjoys it or she’s trying to become less weird or more relevant, who knows. Put some practice into it, figure it out, it might actually become something worth watching.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. I have too much time and nothing to do.
For me, it's not so much that she's doing TikTok trends/Harry Potter trends, but that she's not remotely funny or charismatic and is completely incapable of improvised thought, so she's terribly suited to doing that kind of content.

So she's trying to be funny (I think) but...there's no joke there, it's just Ruby listing things that Harry Potter character things have done while smacking her lips a lot and constantly shaking about like a bobble-head for some reason.

Marie_10

Why won't she just get a haircut? She has beautiful hair but it's so long and the ends look damaged, it just looks like a mess constantly. Cutting only a few inches and getting some layers would make her look a lot more tidy.

I also don't get how she can sleep in her bed. It's so undone and all over the place. Honestly the state of their entire house/backyard is stressful.

teflonpanda

Chatty Member
Was going to write "I sure hope Ruby does sth interesting soon to distract us from the pronounciation debates" but then I realized how stupid that is - cause Ruby is never going to do something interesting is she. She's literally just going to sit in her bedroom until she (supposedly) goes off to do a master's in September next year. It'll all be the same shit over and over again, and it just blows my mind how stupid that is. Does she not realize that there are like 485 fun, useful, engaging things she could be doing during her gap year! And no, sitting in her bedroom and painting biscuits is not one of them! And her excuse for this madness doesn't even make any sense cause she already finished the book she supposedly was taking the gap year for! I just don't understand it!

Also her graduation was about a month ago and still no updates on the Holocaust memorials. Even though she said she wanted to tackle that immediately after her graduation 🙃

• Heart

vwxyz

I hate to be unnecessarily nitpicky (hahaha who am I kidding I love it) but how impractical are some of her storage methods. Hang on let me get out my ornate velvet-lined easter egg. Oh but first I have to take my typewriter off the desk and put it on the floor by the door.

side note if anyone is interested in a genuinely nice vintage desk set-up video I recommend checking out adventuredenali on youtube
Yeah, and also her list-writing is so exaggerated it gets impractical and wastes so much time. Like, why do you make a list with all the things you want to put in a desk? Just move the things into the damn thing already. This is just giving her placebo productivity feelings, but doesn't make any task easier.

CatCafe234

VIP Member
I’m still holding a (dangerously placed) candle for my earlier suggestion, but I do think that in tribute to gossip_guy, the next thread title should be: Ruby Granger #31: Amunsta Quorls.

• Haha

figgypud

Chatty Member
She's reading from her journal but she's obviously imitating fictional teenage girls' journals. It's meant to be about YOU. She's apparently writing in the dark because she can't see the raindrops on her forearm - and she also assumes that Lola can't see in the dark, even though dogs have better vision in the dark than humans.

Her observations are so basic: things are transient, things are precious because they're impermanent, there is beauty in everything. Find something original to say.

Griftwood

VIP Member
Her new identity is making cringey tiktoks in her childhood bedroom. It’s going about as well as the whole wRoYtEr gig did while it lasted.

Reactions: 19

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
My opinion being 'overplayed, classist nonsense' is YOUR opinion. Your opinion is being brushed over and accepted but mine isn't? Funny how that works. But whatever you do you 😘
Erm, yes, correct. That is indeed my opinion and clearly others agree with me but what do you want me to say here lol? It seems like you expected people to back you up and now you’re upset that they didn’t?!

Maybe her mum has traits of narcissism. It’s fairly common for food issues and immature behaviour to be encouraged as being in the ‘mummy’ role gains them a lot of praise, attention and gratification. As the girls get older there’s more of a risk of being left alone with nobody to stoke the narcissism fires. My family has a Ruby. It’s the child my mother believes is most like her and encourages her failure to launch, spending all their time together and encouraging the regression. Her least favourite is the child who actually is the most like her (me) because I reflect her negative traits back at her. I see myself in Martha’s comments sometimes - desperately wanting to be loved back but knowing you need to get some space to be happy.

In these kinds of families love is conditional on playing by the rules because you’re not a person, just an extension of the caregiver. Anything you do against their wishes is a personal insult to them. Ruby’s obsession with structure and high achievement/external validation and spending lots of time with Mummy combined with her food issues make this a big list of ticks for common behaviours associated with living with a narcissistic parent. Covert narcissists have a lot more skills than a typical abusive parent and are good at tricking everyone into thinking they’re such a good person.

I agree she’s likely Neurodivergent also, but believe she would have developed much stronger skills to work with her brain not against it if she had a different home life.
I’ve thought this for a while to be honest. I didn’t want to speculate because her mum comes off as being very sweet on camera, but something has gone very wrong with Ruby and the way she clings to childhood is worrying tbh. There must be some sort of very strange family dynamic going on there.

gossip_guy

VIP Member
I would love to be Ruby's dead fly on the windowsill and watch Ruby playing chess with her dad. It's clear that, just like the piano in one of her dusty hallways, that board is just for show: “direction seems meaningless when you're taking about a square”. What? Ruby clearly has never uttered the words checkmate in a single game of chess is she thinks the purpose is for the pieces to wander around the board cloud-bathing. I would JANUINELY love to see a time-lapse video of one of their games - from her writing it sounds absolutely hilarious.
It's quite simple really:

1. Castles can move in any direction on the board.
2. Pawns move in a tornado-like motion, swirling outward in an ever-expanding spiral. They can also move vertically.
3. Pawns cannot take other pawns, and merely get caught in each other's gravitational pull like they're stuck in some twirling chess waltz.
3. All the other pieces are merely decorative.
4. Ruby always wins.
5. Her daddy seems to be having some inhuman facial seizure during every game, his brow "shifting" and his face "flickering" like a faulty Ikea lamp.

• Haha
  • Heart