Ruby Granger #25 Leaving all the books unread, chasing sponsorships instead

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
what do we think she'll do during her gap yah?

publish a book? go into residential ED treatment? pretend she's five years old?

Slytherin = darkest academia + ocean academia
Ravenclaw = dark academia + grey and light academia
Gryffindor = vibrant academia + classic academia

Still baffles me why people created "aesthetics" like that, nobody needs names to appreciate something.
as a hufflepuff i have to ask. which one is mine?🤣

Reactions: 8

i’d say cottagecore + green academia (but what do i know)

I don't watch Euphoria because I'm old but I came across this and I thought of someone

Reactions: 1
why is she so rough when handling books????
Because she doesn’t actually give a tit about books? Also she can afford new stage props any time she wants.
edit: also, she seems to have downgraded Vee from five stars to four - guess it wasn’t quite on par with The Little Princess and Angelina Ballerina after all
0A11934B-59C9-472B-B2D6-CE4DDB18ADED.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Wonder why she changed it! Maybe she's finally got around to reading Vee's book and 4 stars is her true rating? Haha.

Has anyone actually been in a library that looks like this? Pretty sure any library I've been in, at university or otherwise, was quite modern. Maybe some have wooden desks and chairs instead of plastic but that's about it. Even the ones that are in historic buildings have usually been redecorated to fit modern standards (obviously).
My point being, it's ridiculous to be disappointed that a library isn't some sort of gothic castle when the vast majority of them were built and/or redecorated less than 50 years ago
It's true that even historic universities have modern libraries now, but some places, especially Oxford and Cambridge, have retained a lot of their old college libraries. For example, here is the library/study space at Queens College, Cambridge. I think that's what Ruby had in mind when she pictured uni libraries.

1649266416876.png

Ngl I'd love to study in that Hufflepuff common room. Shabby-chic junglecore, every millennial's dream.

Reactions: 18
81401FFA-AB36-4281-8FCD-C77894F7D446.jpeg

I feel kinda bad for the coffee shop! I mean… why include that in the footage when you’re ‘promoting’ them, let alone POINT IT OUT in the commentary!

I don’t get why she picked them first, not least because she had nothing more to review than tea; even a coffee review would have been better, as that’s more unique to a coffee shop in terms of quality, right down to latte art! She also didn’t mention anything about their food as - let’s guess - she’s never eaten there.

If she did get something and was doing a review, surely she would have mentioned it?From which we can only conclude that she did indeed go hours with nothing more than tea to sustain her brain. I say this as someone who did the same as her in the my low point at Exeter and, looking back, am incredibly sad I got to that point.

What’s more, I have a friend who works in a coffee shop, and she says how staff do notice it - students who are visibly tired and malnourished will come in and order just tea and stay for hours. Herself and colleagues often don’t want to pressure them to leave, as it’s clear they’re possibly in quite a vulnerable place. I do wonder what baristas etc… think of Ruby, especially as she’s there filming it all.

Reactions: 24
So much for spontaneity 😆

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Green academia ^^ ( on page 43 ) but I'll add a bit of vibrant as well.

As for her holiday year I see her making videos about slow living//cottagecore, new miss patina hauls ( or Boden, who knows, now she's back home her childhood will return even more), absolutely disgusting vegan recipes with pumpkin because it's "so autominal", crying she misses university and school, forgetting Blakeney's existence, returning to visit her old school, burning soy candles, doing her 5th cozy evening routine or a desk tour, christmas vlogging or even better: reading poetry aloud. Basically what she was doing before uni but without the school.
Or she will returns to her 15h study with me and prepare for my next year because she can't have a normal life without studying and making to do lists.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Green academia ^^ ( on page 43 ) but I'll add a bit of vibrant as well.

As for her holiday year I see her making videos about slow living//cottagecore, new miss patina hauls ( or Boden, who knows, now she's back home her childhood will return even more), absolutely disgusting vegan recipes with pumpkin because it's "so autominal", crying she misses university and school, forgetting Blakeney's existence, returning to visit her old school, burning soy candles, doing her 5th cozy evening routine or a desk tour, christmas vlogging or even better: reading poetry aloud. Basically what she was doing before uni but without the school.
Or she will returns to her 15h study with me and prepare for my next year because she can't have a normal life without studying and making to do lists.
Productive evening routine

Hello its rupees and today I'm going going to working on this assessment obviously I'm not in education any more so I got my mother to set me some home work to do

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Productive evening routine

Hello its rupees and today I'm going going to working on this assessment obviously I'm not in education any more so I got my mother to set me some home work to do
For some reason it wouldn't surprise that me if she did that. Wonder how fair the grading system will be in her house, will she be getting good grades all the time as she has clearly got someone to do it for her or will she be sobbing at the laptop ?

Got my dissertation deadline due for the end of the month so I'm resembling this photo of Rupert at the moment. Wonder how much time Ruby spends looking at her laptop like this with her own dissertation or anything similar. She has been rather quiet recently and I'm needing my Ruby video and Gossip Guys commentary, highlight of my week!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 9
If she does (by some miracle) decide to receive IP treatment for her mental health and go public with it, I hope there is some accountability for her actions on social media the past 18 months.

I say this as someone who is in the later stages of recovery from anorexia (The fact that I don’t say “recovered” is testament to how far I’ve come, as I refused to settle in a quasi state!) I know all too well how insidious an illness it can be, making you incredibly introspective and blinkered.

However, even the deepest rabbit hole cannot fail to here to the number of voices that have called her out. Asked her to stop posting food content - often politely, I will also add. The fact she has actively blocked much of this is a further sign that she is aware.

I write this because there is a tendency, when people go public about mental health struggles and decide to seek treatment, that people “write off” past questionable behaviour. That person becomes almost off limits in terms of criticism, because it could “derail their recovery” or trigger them. In hindsight, I wish more people had called me out! The illness turned me into an utter monster and, one of the reasons I am so resolved to never go back, is because loved ones have told me how bad I was at times. I never want to put them through that again.

I didn’t have an audience of 10,000s of young people I was doing that too also… and no illness can excuse for that.

I’m sorry for the ramble! This has just been on my mind and I wanted to put it out there.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Because she doesn’t actually give a tit about books? Also she can afford new stage props any time she wants.
edit: also, she seems to have downgraded Vee from five stars to four - guess it wasn’t quite on par with The Little Princess and Angelina Ballerina after all
View attachment 1175457
I think Ruby's review of Empowered was always 4 stars, although the review never gave any indication why it was marked down, since it was glowingly positive. (Jack gave it the full 5 though.)

I think she (or her management) intentionally whacked in a 4 star score to try to preempt any accusations of plant reviews, undeclared ads and favouritism. As if Ruby, Jack and Holly all featuring Vee's book in their videos with no mention of their ties to Vee and shared management, or Ruby and Jack posting glowing (and suspiciously vague) reviews wouldn't be a dead giveaway that none of them read it and only showed it because Sixteenth told them to.

Reactions: 12
I think Ruby's review of Empowered was always 4 stars, although the review never gave any indication why it was marked down, since it was glowingly positive. (Jack gave it the full 5 though.)
Ah yes, you're right. Don't know why I thought she'd given it 5 stars...probably because of the glowing review.

Anyway, I'm bored and can't sleep, there's no new content to discuss, so let's all take a minute to appreciate Dog Granger, my #1 favourite influencer.

1649307937178.png

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Slytherin = darkest academia + ocean academia
Ravenclaw = dark academia + grey and light academia
Gryffindor = vibrant academia + classic academia

Still baffles me why people created "aesthetics" like that, nobody needs names to appreciate something.
My only defence for naming all these things is that it makes it easier to find- like if I put X academia into instagram I can find more specific clothing/photography inspo for the colour palate I'm interested in

• Haha
Ah yes, you're right. Don't know why I thought she'd given it 5 stars...probably because of the glowing review.

Anyway, I'm bored and can't sleep, there's no new content to discuss, so let's all take a minute to appreciate Dog Granger, my #1 favourite influencer.

View attachment 1176685
List of reasons why Dog Granger would make a better studytuber than Ruby:

- calming, sweet demeanour
- excellent sense of fashion
- fun-loving
- genuine, natural curiosity about the world (as evidenced by him sniffing things)
- eats at regular intervals and has a healthy relationship with food
- does not promote toxic productivity
- beautiful, thick coat of hair
- drinks water rather than weird overpriced Birdshit and Blend tea
- does not make overly loud slurping noises
- is attached to the Granger family but not in an unhealthy way
- enjoys going on walks just for the sake of it but doesn't overdo it with exercise either
- knows that taking breaks and resting is important
- makes no pronounciation errors when barking
- has (to my knowledge) never tried to profit off of a Holocaust remembrance charity

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
i guess a lot of you guys are like me - used to watch ruby for actual study motivation / study tube content and have grown to see her… failings? well i was wondering if there are any studytubers/booktubers that you guys would actually recommend that you enjoy the content of? i’m a student and could use the motivation 😂

Reactions: 10
I am aware of how fixiated I am on Ruby's figure and appearance (mainly because I'm ED-'recovered') but I just watched her story and have decided to stop watching her videos on any social platform. She's become very triggering for me (I know that's my own problem/issue blabla) because now even her collarbones and neck muscles/tendons are visible. She's losing weight by the minute and I will not support this damaging behaviour of hers. I will still lurk around here to see updates and such, but I will no longer be commenting as much. It'll be hard for me to do this but it's for my own good. Being recovered ≠ can't be triggered still.✌

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.