Ruby Granger #25 Leaving all the books unread, chasing sponsorships instead

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Old fast fashion." LOL. Get off your high horse Ruby, you aren't better than everyone else. That sweater is from H&M :ROFLMAO: (I've got the same one :censored:)
Yeah I can't recall ever having seen her wear a fair fashion brand. She does buy things second hand, which is of course much more sustainable, but when it's new, it's always fast fashion.

Reactions: 6
She also seems more normal somehow? As though she really means what she's saying rather than just going through the motions like a robot (Rubot?).
Hallo, it's Rubot! And today I've been programmed to talk to you about Notion

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Yes, H&M isn't a sustainable brand (and neither is Miss Patina - the only difference is that they're charging extortionate amounts for polyester) but I wish Ruby would acknowledge that shopping sustainably also includes not consuming unnecessarily. Remember that video she did a while ago where she had a whole second wardrobe in the house full to the brim of clothes? That's not the mention the endless gifted clothes she receives. I know she sells bits on Depop but compared to the amount she has, that's basically a drop in the ocean. There's no need for anyone to own the amount of clothes Ruby does.

I have a pair of jeans from Zara, for example, but these are the only jeans I own and need and they will last me years. Is is more sustainable to buy five pairs of jeans from expensive brands (we know you wear them Ruby!) or one pair in five years that I repair from an unsustainable brand because unfortunately I can't afford to shop from truly sustainable brands atm? Apologies for the ramble, but I just wish Ruby would consider sustainability in less of a 'black and white' manner, especially when she is fortunate enough to be able to afford to shop selectively.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Yes, H&M isn't a sustainable brand (and neither is Miss Patina - the only difference is that they're charging extortionate amounts for polyester) but I wish Ruby would acknowledge that shopping sustainably also includes not consuming unnecessarily. Remember that video she did a while ago where she had a whole second wardrobe in the house full to the brim of clothes? That's not the mention the endless gifted clothes she receives. I know she sells bits on Depop but compared to the amount she has, that's basically a drop in the ocean. There's no need for anyone to own the amount of clothes Ruby does.

I have a pair of jeans from Zara, for example, but these are the only jeans I own and need and they will last me years. Is is more sustainable to buy five pairs of jeans from expensive brands (we know you wear them Ruby!) or one pair in five years that I repair from an unsustainable brand because unfortunately I can't afford to shop from truly sustainable brands atm? Apologies for the ramble, but I just wish Ruby would consider sustainability in less of a 'black and white' manner, especially when she is fortunate enough to be able to afford to shop selectively.
Most people don't buy sustainable fashion or second-hand, for various reasons. But Ruby claims to make sustainable choices, where indeed, a much smaller (second-hand) wardrobe would suffice. She could say no to free clothing more often (lots of influencers have started to do that), buy fewer items, and donate excess clothing to good causes (picking the right charity is unfortunately not her strength...). And if she wants something new, she could indeed easily afford something from a fair fashion brand, even if it comes with a higher price tag.
@wastelandbaby Not consuming unnecessarily is always the first route, so well done. It's always about doing what we can in our individual situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17

It's also quite difficult to actually know for sure if a brand is "sustainable" or not. A higher price doesn't always equal ethically sourced materials or sustainable practices.
Personally I find that the best solution for me is, like you said, to try and buy as few new clothes as I can. Thankfully my grandma used to be a seamstress and can adjust my old clothes or any hand-me-downs I get from family members to fit me, so I don't have to buy new stuff. It helps that I don't care that much about fashion, too lol
On the other hand we have Ruby who buys or receives new clothes all the time and is constantly changing her style, but thinks it's okay because Miss Patina is an expensive brand and that equals ethical?

Reactions: 11
Wow she looks so happy and fulfilled and like she’s just living her best life

A015AFCC-034B-4904-8BF4-D0B695095154.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
I need a shower after that video. The filth and grime on the kettle, the tea mug needs a good scrub, Ruby's pronunciation of Rooibos (roo-ee-boss) Rubes: it's the guy who presented Catchphrase: Roy-boss.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Sponsored by Nord VP Anne with an E, of course! At least this time she hasn’t shoehorned in a segment where she pretends to actually use it, so… yay?

Also I like how she makes a point to going to a cafe to ”write books” (lol) and orders pu-erh, TW for ED a.k.a. a tea that mainly has a reputation as a weight-loss aid. I guess they didn’t have raw celery or spirulina or other “negative calorie” bullshit items on the menu, or Roobee would for sure have ordered some of that just for the extra pro-ana points.

also also, she’s already altered the title. She’s now ”doing a creative writing module”, not a ”creative writing student” 😂 If only she responded to all the other comments calling her out on her tit with equal alacrity 😅

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
also also, she’s already altered the title. She’s now ”doing a creative writing module”, not a ”creative writing student” 😂 If only she responded to all the other comments calling her out on her tit with equal alacrity 😅
Literally came here to comment this lol. It only took her three comments to change the title of the video. We stan a queen who responds to criticism so quickly 🙌🏻🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Literally came here to comment this lol. It only took her three comments to change the title of the video. We stan a queen who responds to criticism so quickly 🙌🏻🙄
I feel like we need to make a practice of screenshotting her titles/thumbnails when her videos first come out. This is definitely not the first time she makes sneaky quick edits to cover up sloppiness or sheer stupidity.

Reactions: 22
she's creative in the sense that she finds meaning in orwell's 1984 that no one else would ever find

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Ruby's pronunciation of Rooibos (roo-ee-boss) Rubes: it's the guy who presented Catchphrase: Roy-boss.
This hurt me especially and it can only be called rooibos if it is from South Africa.

Also, remember how we said she never goes to the library, and here we are, quick session at the library. There's also a big plate of food (and we don't see her eat it).

Blakeney lives (for now).

That pumpkin mug is so dirty. She flaunts it proudly... And then she uses it and the water is so muddy looking. Honestly, she makes me NOT want to drink tea.

Wow she looks so happy and fulfilled and like she’s just living her best life

View attachment 1132060
She can't stop smiling when she promoted the VPD AD so she smiles when she sees money.

Reactions: 10
she just changed the title to "day in my life doing a creative writing module". for someone so enamoured with writing you'd think she'd be better at it. but this discourse of mine has been had countless times already. it's rooby being rooby. marvelous

Reactions: 9
Maybe I should have recorded myself the other night. Wee hours, sitting on my kitchen floor, pulling my hair out and trying to write a chapter of my novel manuscript in time for a deadline, it was soooyooo romantic.

It always bothers me slightly when she says her creative writing module doesn't feel like work. Yeah it's nice to do stuff you enjoy but the way she says it always comes across as belittling. Like… “not really university” or “not academic”. It’s really off-putting. I bet you she's one of those people who would say "awww you're doing that course, I wish I could do that" in that condescending way. I hear that all the time. And now she's called herself a creative writing student. Don't give us a bad name, it's bad enough already.

I don’t know if she thought it would sound clever to talk about researching electric stand mixers… it did not, Ruby, it did not.

Reactions: 25
Maybe I should have recorded myself the other night. Wee hours, sitting on my kitchen floor, pulling my hair out and trying to write a chapter of my novel manuscript in time for a deadline, it was soooyooo romantic.

It always bothers me slightly when she says her creative writing module doesn't feel like work. Yeah it's nice to do stuff you enjoy but the way she says it always comes across as belittling. Like… “not really university” or “not academic”. It’s really off-putting. I bet you she's one of those people who would say "awww you're doing that course, I wish I could do that" in that condescending way. I hear that all the time. And now she's called herself a creative writing student. Don't give us a bad name, it's bad enough already.

I don’t know if she thought it would sound clever to talk about researching electric stand mixers… it did not, Ruby, it did not.
I literally read an article in Times Higher Education yesterday, which called for scholars to acknowledge Creative Writing modules to be as demanding as any research subject. The person who led this Creative Writing course at a British university said her students chose the module so they could do something 'light', but tended to find it the hardest module that semester, 'because writing is hard'.

Wait for Ruby to receive her grade for this course, it may be lower than the grades she gets for her English literature modules.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
“I’m planning on doing a gap year before doing my masters”… oh the privilege to be able to live in an academic bubble and move back home for a year of “finding yourself”. Not a single mention of a job!

Reactions: 25
Had a rummage through the comments, I've seen a few people say she should do audiobooks... wouldn't she need to learn how to pronounce the words first?
And we all know that there is no way she would put in that level of preparation. It might be unintentionally entertaining though... maybe I should up-vote those comments after all.

Not a single mention of a job!
Job, another unfamiliar word she would mispronounce. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.